VagabondStarJXF

MIP Hotshot Ball Diff Pre-Order - Final Push!

The count is only up to 97 or so units pre-ordered, WAY off from the 250 limit to see these diffs produced.

What else can we do to make this happen?

2 hours ago, vroma said:

The count is only up to 97 or so units pre-ordered, WAY off from the 250 limit to see these diffs produced.

Wow, that's a low number! Like with the MIP Balckfoot diff, gotta hit up all the forums and make some threads. I just jumped over to Rctech in the Vintage section, and did not see a  thread for the Hotshot MIP diff. Well, there is one now.

4 hours ago, vroma said:

Youch.  Much lower than I anticipated.  One question, does a single diff order count as 1 or 1/2?  I would expect 1 but with the original idea of buying 2 at once and needing 250 preorders, that 250 was not changed so I have to think my 2 pairs count as 4?

Someone posted on facebook the other day only 97 were sold. I wonder if that is true. If so doesnt seem that it is happening. Unless they count the sets of two as double the amount. 

97 sets counted as 2 diffs( which it should IMO) would make it 194 single diffs, How is that bad? Still not 250, but getting there. The Blackfoot needed only 250 single diffs sold to make the cut. I think it would be cazy if they got around 240 and cut the program. We all know Matteo's videos and other Tamiya YouTubers will be doing videos of this diff if it were to come out. It just needs more time, and exposure. Lets make this happen!!

1 hour ago, Hobbimaster said:

97 sets counted as 2 diffs( which it should IMO) would make it 194 single diffs, How is that bad? Still not 250, but getting there. The Blackfoot needed only 250 single diffs sold to make the cut. I think it would be cazy if they got around 240 and cut the program. We all know Matteo's videos and other Tamiya YouTubers will be doing videos of this diff if it were to come out. It just needs more time, and exposure. Lets make this happen!!

I think the popularity between blackfoot/beetle and the hotshot series is vastly different. I know as a kid eveyone had a frog, beetle or blackfoot as did I. I also had a super sabre and i was in the minority wherever i went. I hope it does make the cut especiallly if it is close. I would like to see if mip will do any other mods for tamiya

Well this is what i have been waiting for . But the wrong time of the year , Beeing after Christmas etc . Not

much money left . Just glad it was extended . Have ordered 3 sets . Mind you MIP website was not great .

Stuffed me around abit . But got there in the end . Now the waiting game ! Too see if it gets done .

Just hope it does . Thanks @Pintopower . $355. US$ , But in AUS $$ & PP cost $466. AU $ .. :( .

I just saw this on the MIP facebook page. I apologize if the link doesn't work or if it forces you to join. It basically says, time's running out and hurry!

Ok, looks like it works. Wow, it's huge.

Edited by howaboutme

Just did my order of the kit. So let's hope we reach the goal. 

• Thanks 1

@Pintopowerlet me know today that we're about halfway there... With only 9 days to go... :o

Please, everyone, post about this diff pre-sale where you can. Let's get this one done!

Here's the latest vid from @Pintopower (just in case he hasn't posted it on here yet) with a special bit from Eustace Moore.

Goal met!!! Just receive an email from MIP that the goal has been reached and they will be move on into full production! Great work ladies and gentlemen!

• Like 1

Big thanks to everyone that helped make this happen.  I can't wait to see what else MIP might be making for vintage/re-re Tamiya models.

I have been keeping an eye on this, and I'm glad they are going into production. I had a look on the site today, and noticed the price for two diffs has gone up from $115 to 140. As I am in the UK that means after shipping and added taxes it could end up nearer $200. Thats pretty much what the whole car cost me. 

that's a big jump , glad I got mine in early , as with postage it was £91 all in ....($125)

I figured they would bump up in price once they went into production. Still cheaper than buying a set of $130 each, Thorp diffs, plus they come with new aluminum dog bones.

On 2/17/2018 at 1:56 PM, pengoo said:

that's a big jump , glad I got mine in early , as with postage it was £91 all in ....($125)

@pengoo Because you're importing from the US, you may have to pay import duty, VAT etc - if that's the case, VAT is 20%, duty will be 1-2% if applicable and then the clearing fee will be £8-£13, which is what StueyS was referring to in this "As I am in the UK that means after shipping and added taxes it could end up nearer $200 "

9 hours ago, TWINSET said:

@pengoo Because you're importing from the US, you may have to pay import duty, VAT etc - if that's the case, VAT is 20%, duty will be 1-2% if applicable and then the clearing fee will be £8-£13, which is what StueyS was referring to in this "As I am in the UK that means after shipping and added taxes it could end up nearer $200 "

ahhh gutted not so good now ..lol.... first time I have got any thing from the US .....o well I learn the hard way ..

Anything from outside Europe (at least whilst we're still in it) is subject to those fees - on any personal import over about £18 IIRC
It's a bit of a gamble as Modelsport sell the Monster Beetle diff for £50, but importing it from MIP is £46 -  add 20% VAT and a clearing fee to that and it's cheaper to wait until they get to the UK but, as the product's existence is based on pre-orders, then it might not have happened if you'd have waited.

It's not guaranteed you'll get charged, but it's always something to factor in when importing - especially on lower price imports where the clearing fee could be almost as much as the goods.

10 hours ago, TWINSET said:

Anything from outside Europe (at least whilst we're still in it) is subject to those fees - on any personal import over about £18 IIRC
It's a bit of a gamble as Modelsport sell the Monster Beetle diff for £50, but importing it from MIP is £46 -  add 20% VAT and a clearing fee to that and it's cheaper to wait until they get to the UK but, as the product's existence is based on pre-orders, then it might not have happened if you'd have waited.

It's not guaranteed you'll get charged, but it's always something to factor in when importing - especially on lower price imports where the clearing fee could be almost as much as the goods.

yea I did forget all about any fee on top .. after reading it yesterday I went and check up on line it says yes 20% vat will be added but if the item is under £130 it will not be charged duty ... as I read it so with postage as well it comes under that so not so bad .. I only went for them on the price as you say its not far off the MB diff price  pluss you get the extra dog bone arms and fittings to a little more to what your buying ... I hope it don't go any more above £150 all in as said above will end up costing the same price as the car to start with ..

We have some of the worst import allowances in the world £15 and over is liable for vat at 20% and then over £120 or so duty is included too.

Then is it comes by parcelforce service they charge £8 USA and £13 Far East is China Japan etc.

Americans and Australians a generous $800 allowance.

It's the speed of service chosen, not the country of origin, which affects the handling charge.

If you choose 'EMS' shipping from eastern suppliers, you'll be charged £13 as the UK handler treats it as an express clearance and charges accordingly.

Since a lot US suppliers I've used don't offer EMS (if it's even available) it's rare for a £13 charge to be applied.

Eastern 'regular' imports only attract an £8 clearing fee