TWINSET

Isuzu Mu Type X on the way back

Seriously?! They're re-re'ing the Mu? That's so cool! My dad used to have an Opel Frontera (this, but with a slightly different grill) and this way I could build a model of his old car.

The Isuzu Mu is a welcome surprise.  I see Mokei Kagaku has also mentioned 47375 Mitsubishi Pajero Metal Top Wide Black Metallic being released this year as well.  My CC01 choices have suddenly become way more complicated.

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:53 AM, GooneyBird said:

Seriously?! They're re-re'ing the Mu? That's so cool! My dad used to have an Opel Frontera (this, but with a slightly different grill) and this way I could build a model of his old car.

I always liked the look of the Frontera - even test drove a couple - awful cars to drive !

Bought a real 4x4 instead - a Jeep !

A Mu would be nice, I seem to collect at least doubles of most chassis types, so why not a Mu for the CC-01. However it would be nice if they did another body style, like a Subaru Forester (my preference is a 2009 model ), a Rav4, or even a Niva Lada.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2018 at 8:59 AM, yogi-bear said:

A Mu would be nice, I seem to collect at least doubles of most chassis types, so why not a Mu for the CC-01. However it would be nice if they did another body style, like a Subaru Forester (my preference is a 2009 model ), a Rav4, or even a Niva Lada.

@yogi-bear 2009 Subaru Forester - yes please!!!

I love my CC01 FJ40 to bits but if they released a CC01 of my 1:1 MY09 Forester I'd be over the moon. Love that car.

The Mysterious Utility is a classic. 

Guess that confirms they've still got the Mu molds, unless they're making new molds just for this. It has been a long time in the ether.

BiTD there was talk the next 1/10 hardbody could've been the Isuzu Vehicross

2000_isuzu_vehicross_2dr-suv_base_fq_oem

T made some smaller Vehicross models but nothing seen in 1/10. Wonder if they even got around to making a big mold for that.

Looks really nice, and I've always liked this body. However, why can't Tamiya FINALLY come out with a soft compound of those tires? Ugh. Really one of three of the most frustrating things with Tamiya these days -- a refusal to include ball bearings in all kits, no hex head screws and an insistence on including plastic tires with the CC01 -- a TRAIL TRUCK! 

Steve

On 1/31/2018 at 5:42 AM, WillyChang said:

ewww those JGTC wheels don't work :blink:

Yeah, simply a bizarre choice! How on earth did they arrive at this particular design over others? They were molded in white for the 58131 Tom's Levin, but the matte plated version actually appeared as this very limited event release:

26mm Toms Levin Silver Plated.jpg

Why didn't they just use the Isuzu design that they clearly still have the molds for???

On 1/31/2018 at 11:11 AM, Blissard said:

Great news! I'm glad I didn't sell my original wheels and tires. 

I kept a set from my F-350 High-Lift :lol:

On 1/26/2018 at 5:28 AM, i_am_scarecrow said:

I can't wait for this one! Had a real one last year until the floor fell off!

1275421562946925893.jpg

• Haha 6

On 1/29/2018 at 12:06 AM, WillyChang said:

Guess that confirms they've still got the Mu molds, unless they're making new molds just for this. It has been a long time in the ether.

BiTD there was talk the next 1/10 hardbody could've been the Isuzu Vehicross

2000_isuzu_vehicross_2dr-suv_base_fq_oem

T made some smaller Vehicross models but nothing seen in 1/10. Wonder if they even got around to making a big mold for that.

And people think the Evoque is some genius new idea from RR

9 hours ago, kevinb120 said:

And people think the Evoque is some genius new idea from RR

And they try market the convertible Evoque like its a modern revelation :unsure:

The ORIGINAL LandRover didn't have a roof, did it?  :lol::ph34r:

I just noticed RCJAZ had them in stock, I ordered two... now the long wait begins.

sweet! I plan on building one box stock and the other as a more serious rock crawler.

• Like 1

I want to make a replica of the vauxhall frontera that illegally drove up the Snowdonia mountain railway lol

• Like 1