tkm015

Select Products Option House - what do I have?

Was going through my older R/C parts and I found this part from Option House that I seem to recall was supposed to be for the Tamiya FF01 Chassis (which made no sense at the time, but it was an older hobby shop trying to get rid of a lot of other hop-ups that I wanted, so they threw it in for cheap). 

Trying to figure out what car it's actually for, though.  I think it says "F Civic" on the front that something not really legible to me beside it.

I posted on this board in case, for some odd reason, it just might be for something that's not a Kyosho.

20180128_224529.jpg

I don't think that's by Kyosho, more likely the logo been "borrowed" by some 3rd  party generic parts maker. Kyosho's tags are higher quality, properly printed in multicolour (yellow, red?) on quality glossy card - I've never see them handwritten.

The logo's not even in the right font, Kyosho's has serifs :lol:

Part could be shock tower for FF01.

Yeah, I definitely questioned it, but it was only a few bucks so I said "why not".  It looks more pink in my picture, but the true color of the paper is more of a red.

My thinking was a suspension part, probably the shock tower.  I don't know enough about mid 90's hop-up makers to know if this is semi-legit or not.  The parts inside look pretty nice though, so it may at least be functional.

Yeah no reason why it won't work, here's the pointy end of a FF. The body posts have a square key.

IMG_4119.JPG

Plenty of hopup makers back when RC was popular :) some made by big RC companies, some made by companies that only made hopups & some made by LHSes...

Send you a PM.

Very interesting part. Funny how it seems to be made in Japan even, where the real OptionHouse originally is from too. You'd expect China to copy like this, not a Japanese firm.

I found several more FF01 hop-ups (Eagle brand) and put them all on ebay.  All of them went somewhere in Europe.  FF01 must be a lot more popular over there than it is in North America.