DrewZ

My Blitzer is Making a Comeback

Hi Everyone, this is my first post in 10 years! I'm getting my 2 boys into the RC hobby and starting them off with a couple of Stadium Blitzers that my brother and I used to race. We are putting a Beetle body on one of them so I thought I would share the progress. How do you like it? Cheers! AZ

20180128_192503_resized_1.jpg

IMG_20180126_103734_165_resized_1.jpg

20180125_230745_resized_1.jpg

20180125_230731_resized_1.jpg

• Like 5

@wolfdogstinkus That's funny, I actually formed that from a flat piece of metal in a vise with a hammer... But now that you say that, it would've been much easier to just use a handle! 

Super!  I have been digging the Beetle body lately, trying to figure out what I could put one on...

6 minutes ago, kwkenuf said:

Super!  I have been digging the Beetle body lately, trying to figure out what I could put one on...

I've just put one on a Baja Champ :)

I kind of want a blitzer now though <_<

I think I would prefer the Baja Champ look, more realistic, but this Blitzer Beetle look is growing on me!

That looks great! I've just picked up my first Blitzer and I am loving it!

Blitzer update: my son has applied stickers to the new body and taken some life off the back the tires :-)

IMG_20180207_100459.thumb.jpg.1646cb2a7a47d4e26ddfe87610326f10.jpg

• Like 4

Allright, now that Blitzer #1 is back up and running as a Beetle I've got the second one in the shop for body work. This was my little brother's truck back in the day which he recently gave to my youngest son, who is the youngest of two brothers. How cool is that! Anway, this little guy likes green trucks so he's getting a Pro-Line '66 F100 (p/n 3412-00) in Tamiya PS-17 Metallic Green with white side panels. We're thinking about leaving those back body posts untrimmed because they look like exhaust pipes :-)

20180301_214956.jpg

• Like 4

Back yard track construction has begun and the Blitzers are tearing it up!

20180518_081837.jpg

• Like 1