Percheron

Have all the Re-Re’s been announced?

The Tamiyausa site and the international website don’t show anything new RC wise, from what I can find.  The Tamiyausa site looks like it was last updated in 2002!   I’m still hoping for the Falcon to be re-re’d!

-Derek

How new are you looking for?
Models announced for Nuremberg show aren't on TamiyaUSA yet but older new stuff like the Grasshopper II (2017 rere) are https://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio-control-kits-30/off-road-buggies-36450/rc-the-grasshopper-ii-(2017)-58643

The official Tamiya sites are generally a good couple of weeks behind 'leaks' on social media

The Nuremberg International Toy Fair is going on right now, we will probably have more information about Tamiya releases by the weekend. As of right now the Manta Ray, and Egress are getting another run......but who knows what else.

No, they're still waiting to announce the Super Astute, Vanquish and Madcap. I'm thinking saturday is probably when they'll spring it on us. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Robert5000 said:

No, they're still waiting to announce the Super Astute, Vanquish and Madcap. I'm thinking saturday is probably when they'll spring it on us. 

Oh wow......nice! lol

2 hours ago, Robert5000 said:

And they are being released with vouchers for marriage counselling if you buy all 3 right?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Robert5000 said:

Exactly so @Jonathon GillhamAnd there's a buy 1 get the other 2 for free deal. 

Do they also come with a cover story for your wife that says it was honestly buy 1 get 2 free?  And like the Hong Kong sellers who list the value at $4 to get by customs laws, can they arrange for $4 to show up on the credit card and accept payments in cash or bitcoins or something?

27 minutes ago, HornetRacer 1971 said:

My question is......do wives ask for their husband's permission to spend the equivalent money on themselves? 

Haha that seems to be really common but I find that strange "you bought a boat therefore I'm going to add $50k to the mortgage too".  Funnily enough my wife doesn't do that though, but its almost worse when she complains about having no clothes but then goes to the shops and comes back grumpy and empty handed

Any news / rumours on whether kyosho are going to be doing any new re-re this year ?

I read that Kyosho is re-releasing the Turbo Optima on a blog site that tracks such things related to the Kyosho RC brand. Makes sense based on how things have rolled out so far.

• Thanks 1

On 31/01/2018 at 6:13 PM, Robert5000 said:

Oh I hope your right:D I would love a super astute:wub: 

On 2/1/2018 at 8:49 PM, pastimesteve said:

I read that Kyosho is re-releasing the Turbo Ultima on a blog site that tracks such things related to the Kyosho RC brand. Makes sense based on how things have rolled out so far.

Link?

On 01/02/2018 at 5:13 AM, Robert5000 said:

You live in fantasy land -wishful thinking .

But I hope your right on some classic re re’s 🤪

Hello guys

Are there any news from Nürnberg fair?

The Madcap re-release is joke or true?

I can not believe that they will re-release the Madcap.

On ‎31‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 7:13 PM, Robert5000 said:

Hello Robert

From whom did you get this information?

That will be great if this is true.

Madcapper - I'm pretty sure Robert was just joking.

16 hours ago, pastimesteve said:

Sorry, I meant to write Turbo Optima. Here is the link (scroll down a bit): http://vintage.dirt-burners.com/2017/10/19/kyosho-crowd-funding-campaign-cancelled/

56 minutes ago, moffman said:

Strange:blink:? why would a company like kyosho resort to crowd funding to produce sets of plastic wheels? 

I think the "information" on that page should be considered nothing more than guesswork, wishful thinking and rumours. I'm not saying that the wheel crowdfunding didn't happen and that the Turbo Optima won't be re-released, but the page is run by the same person that left Tamiyclub in anger because some of us confronted him with proof that his "inside information" and "facts" were simply guesswork. I have read some of the articles on his page and he still uses the same scheme; presenting a few of his own hypothesises, then just concludes that they are "facts" and then covers his back in case his guesses should be wrong by pointing out that the manufacturer (mostly Kyosho) might change their mind.

As for his credibility, there's more here:

• Like 1

Not that I know the person but obviously a bit of a fantasist :huh: (think that's now ya spell it)

• Like 1

Plus it is logical for kyosho to release the turbo optima next with their history after the scorpion/turbo scorpion 

• Like 2