Percheron

Have all the Re-Re’s been announced?

17 hours ago, Biz73 said:

Madcapper - I'm pretty sure Robert was just joking.

Exactly so, -sadly it was just me hoping against hope and trying to pair that with a bit of humor. 

On 1/31/2018 at 8:40 PM, HornetRacer 1971 said:

My question is......do wives ask for their husband's permission to spend the equivalent money on themselves? 

Mine can spent her money on what she like and I can spend my money on what I like. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Snakehands said:

Mine can spent her money on what she like and I can spend my money on what I like. 

That's how it should be Snakehands!

But so many blokes seem really nervous about buying stuff in case their partner kicks up a stink!

It just reminds me of Timothy Lumsden in "Sorry" asking his mum for an ice cream aged 41 LOL 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

I think the "information" on that page should be considered nothing more than guesswork, wishful thinking and rumours. I'm not saying that the wheel crowdfunding didn't happen and that the Turbo Optima won't be re-released, but the page is run by the same person that left Tamiyclub in anger because some of us confronted him with proof that his "inside information" and "facts" were simply guesswork. I have read some of the articles on his page and he still uses the same scheme; presenting a few of his own hypothesises, then just concludes that they are "facts" and then covers his back in case his guesses should be wrong by pointing out that the manufacturer (mostly Kyosho) might change their mind.

You're more than likely absolutely correct Mokei! I tend not to get caught up in disagreements that happen on here or other forums, so I wasn't aware of his history. My apologies. I should have been more cautious with sharing the link. With that said, I do think it makes sense for Kyosho to re-release the Turbo Optima next.

• Thanks 1

On 1/31/2018 at 7:13 PM, Robert5000 said:

No, they're still waiting to announce the Super Astute, Vanquish and Madcap. I'm thinking saturday is probably when they'll spring it on us. 

dude, where do you get your news from?

I had a Turbo Optima in '88 so naturally, if it comes I will have to buy one :)

22 hours ago, HornetRacer 1971 said:

That's how it should be Snakehands!

But so many blokes seem really nervous about buying stuff in case their partner kicks up a stink!

It just reminds me of Timothy Lumsden in "Sorry" asking his mum for an ice cream aged 41 LOL 

Yes, I remember that sitcom very well. Thing is that almost all my wimpish mates have ended up divorced anyway. 

I'm lucky, mine has just come back from work to find a load of vintage Thundershot parts laid out all over the bed and didn't even bat an eye. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Snakehands said:

Yes, I remember that sitcom very well. Thing is that almost all my wimpish mates have ended up divorced anyway. 

I'm lucky, mine has just come back from work to find a load of vintage Thundershot parts laid out all over the bed and didn't even bat an eye. 

She sounds like a cracker!! :rolleyes:

^ mine has told me not to buy a Manta Ray :(

Because she’s getting me one for Father’s day ;) whoop whoop!

• Like 7

On ‎05‎.‎02‎.‎2018 at 7:55 PM, pastimesteve said:

You're more than likely absolutely correct Mokei! I tend not to get caught up in disagreements that happen on here or other forums, so I wasn't aware of his history. My apologies. I should have been more cautious with sharing the link. With that said, I do think it makes sense for Kyosho to re-release the Turbo Optima next.

I don't think an apology is required at all. :-) TomEG was very good at creating "substance" to his stories here on TC and he still is on his own site. So, what he finally admitted was only guesswork (ref. old thread linked above) was first presented in a way that made everything sound credible. That is, untill you started digging a little or asking specific questions. I don't know now, but I reckon he hasn't really changed, especially when considering that he still presents his information with a disclaimer "if Kyosho should change their mind"-style (which in reality used to actually mean; "if my guess is incorrect"). I don't know why he acted like this and still probably does, but as Twinset put it back then: "I'm not sure how many times you need to post up you're great at guessing,...."

Also, as you say yourself, it does of course make sense for Kyosho to re-release the Turbo Optima next, after the Optima and the Javelin. It's a qualified guess, really.  I'm not remotely as deeply into Kyosho as I'm into Tamiya, but even I can figure out on my own that a Turbo Optima in the relatively near future is likely. However, like most of us and unlike a certain person, I don't claim to know it or present it as a fact.

What annoys me the most about such behaviour and why I fight it, is that we all rely on each other being honest and to only state that we know something for sure when we actually do. Over the years, there have been "solid" claims about several certain re-releases that have turned out to be wrong. These lies/guesses/rumours presented as facts have created unjustified expectations among many of us and even may have caused some members to sell originals significantly below their actual market prices.

What I mean to say is that the little satisfaction (?) of playing "important" or "insider" by presenting lies/guesses/rumours as facts can have (and sometimes has) a big negative impact on fellow enthusiasts. I see no justification for that.

• Like 7

On 2/1/2018 at 8:08 AM, Jonathon Gillham said:

Haha that seems to be really common but I find that strange "you bought a boat therefore I'm going to add $50k to the mortgage too".  Funnily enough my wife doesn't do that though, but its almost worse when she complains about having no clothes but then goes to the shops and comes back grumpy and empty handed

mine doesn't even look has no interest , that'll teach her to not take an interest ,ive bought another 10 kits just this year and she wouldnt even know what they are😁

• Haha 2

The Super Astute is a nice announcement, it means that I don't have to dig into my nib to build it. As for the Avante Black Special, even though I have two nib I guess I'll have to buy one. 
And here I was thinking Tamiya had completely lost the plot with the re-re's. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robert5000 said:

The Super Astute is a nice announcement, it means that I don't have to dig into my nib to build it. As for the Avante Black Special, even though I have two nib I guess I'll have to buy one. 
And here I was thinking Tamiya had completely lost the plot with the re-re's. 

Is there an official announcement or does a vendor have them in stock?

Tony's tamiya parts posted it on facebook a couple of hours ago, stating that prices will be announced soon and that they'll be re-released in december. So in a word, no -not official as in directly from Tamiya. 

• Thanks 2

Excellent.  I was beginning to wonder if Tamiya was done with the re-re's completely.

Ooh, does this mean the TTC will be making a comeback? Did the Super Astute have the TTC as standard?!

2 hours ago, Nitomor said:

Ooh, does this mean the TTC will be making a comeback? Did the Super Astute have the TTC as standard?!

Now the big question is wil it have the pin or the square spikes on the rear wheels :mellow: