Pintopower

Stadium Blitzer Family Chassis Brace

To be blunt, I feel like my Stadium Blitzer will now stay in a single piece...

• Like 6

Related question. I'm in the process of restoring/hopping an original Blitzer Beetle... Some of the screw holes in the chassis seem a bit "soft" to me... Is there anything I can do to give the screws some of their bite back? Maybe a type of glue or thread lock?

Thanks!

On 03/02/2018 at 10:11 AM, ernieks said:

Are these braces useable on a Bear Hawk too?

ernieks

The chassis is identical so it will fit ;)

On 2/2/2018 at 2:37 PM, schuultzie51 said:

Related question. I'm in the process of restoring/hopping an original Blitzer Beetle... Some of the screw holes in the chassis seem a bit "soft" to me... Is there anything I can do to give the screws some of their bite back? Maybe a type of glue or thread lock?

Thanks!

Well, couple of options. Using a glue or thread lock can help. You can also fill the hole with JB weld and redrill it then thread into it. Way harder if the hole is deep. 

On 2/3/2018 at 2:11 AM, ernieks said:

Are these braces useable on a Bear Hawk too?

ernieks

Turns out they are! I had no idea that the bear hawk was the same chassis. 

On 2/3/2018 at 8:40 AM, Gruntfuggly said:

Why is the manual speedo still in there? :huh:

Lol, all my cars have the MSC still. I have no where else to put them and would rather they are there than in a drawer. Also, on my hornets, they have broken servos too. They need all the weight then can get. 

On 2.2.2018 at 8:00 AM, Pintopower said:

To be blunt, I feel like my Stadium Blitzer will now stay in a single piece...

blitz_21.jpg

Hi Pintopower. Alignement of the screwholes is not really fitting on my Blitzer MK1. I did loose the other screws at the bulkhead too but its absolutely not possible, without bending the front section down, which will occur overtention.

The bottom brace fits like a charme...

8 hours ago, Collin said:

Hi Pintopower. Alignement of the screwholes is not really fitting on my Blitzer MK1. I did loose the other screws at the bulkhead too but its absolutely not possible, without bending the front section down, which will occur overtention.

The bottom brace fits like a charme...

I just got my braces in a few days ago too. I thought I had a similar issue with the top brace as well, but I found it was because the little lip on the brace could not fit between my servo and the front plate. I loosened the front plate, slid the brace in and it aligned perfectly! Then, all I had to do was add a standard washer between the tub chassis and the top plate, allowing everything to be tightened snug again. Everything on my blitzer feels SOLID!

I mentioned the lip, I untighted all screws around the bulkhead to get no tention between parts. The new longer screws slipped in but I thought maybe asking here... :huh:

Edit says: Just thoght, maybe its only the old mountig plate for the MSC and the chassis holes are in line. Will check it after work....

What the heck, why are yours all so off? Are they seating against the front bulkhead? can I see some pix from the side? It is not easy to snap them in there. If they are seated, can I see the bulkhead area? maybe there is a variation?

For shure man. Do you want any more details from the bulkhead?

blitz_22.jpg

blitz_23.jpg

blitz_24.jpg

blitz_25.jpg

blitz_26.jpg

blitz_27.jpg

Why do some peoples fit correctly and others don't? How many blitzers do you have? Is it a Stadium bliltzer or a beetle? we need to sort this. I am so sorry that this is going on. I know of a way to fix it for you but why it is needed in the first place is confusing me. Let me take some pix of my bulkhead and lets compare. Anyone else have any ideas?

I am glad to help you in any way. Engeneering always needs test pilots. :D

Mine is a Blitzer Beetle MK1 and I have only this one.

On 3/2/2018 at 2:45 AM, Collin said:

I am glad to help you in any way. Engeneering always needs test pilots. :D

Mine is a Blitzer Beetle MK1 and I have only this one.

OH! Wow maybe the beetle bulkhead is different? I thought they had the same PN when I checked. Is it a rere? vintage?

It is vintage one. post me some measures and i`ll check on mine.

On 3/6/2018 at 1:31 PM, Collin said:

It is vintage one. post me some measures and i`ll check on mine.

Ok I can do that. Mine is a rere.

I did some settings on the steering servo yesterday, so I needed to remove the whole front part one and another time. It does not matter how I put things together, the clamp does not fit. I got a new MSC mounting plate, because the old one was cutted down to a minimum. The new plate is also original NOS part. I dont see any way to make it fit properly without overbending the front end downward. Only solution is to remove about 2mm at the green line, but then its a bit thin to the upper corner. I checked the inner surface of the clamp for flattnes and it is pretty fine, maybe a few  1/10mm. But the material is so strong, It will be hard to file it down per hand. I dont have a mill. -_-

blitz_28.jpg

So it is all NOS original? 2mm! That is so far off! So here is mine. Do you see any differences that would cause this? Is something on  mine wrong or the wrong part?

39062203100_1dea226ee4_c.jpg

39062203010_2dffaa941b_c.jpg

Its hard to say by looking on photos, engineers do measure. ;)

First difference, you have the  mounting point for the body, but thats a Stadium Blitzer thing. Should not make a difference.

Bulkhead mountingpoint (green) to MSC mountingplate (red/green).
Green to green: 44mm / 1,73"
Green to red: 52mm / 2,05"
Green to blue: 11mm / 0,43"
Blue to blue: 45,3mm 7 1,78"
blitz_29.jpg

The brace:
Blue to blue: 43,5mm / 1,71"
Blue to green: 35mm / 1,38"
blitz_30.jpg

Please let me know, if all this points correlate with yours, I´ll finde some more benchmarks. We´ll sort it out man! B)

PS: Again, its all original 1st release Blitzer. B-tree on both Beetle and Stadium have same part number (1)9005333.

22 hours ago, Collin said:

Its hard to say by looking on photos, engineers do measure. ;)

First difference, you have the  mounting point for the body, but thats a Stadium Blitzer thing. Should not make a difference.

Bulkhead mountingpoint (green) to MSC mountingplate (red/green).
Green to green: 44mm / 1,73"  - 45.4
Green to red: 52mm / 2,05"  -  53.5
Green to blue: 11mm / 0,43"   11
Blue to blue: 45,3mm 7 1,78"  45.3
blitz_29.jpg

The brace:  About Right
Blue to blue: 43,5mm / 1,71"
Blue to green: 35mm / 1,38"
blitz_30.jpg

Please let me know, if all this points correlate with yours, I´ll finde some more benchmarks. We´ll sort it out man! B)

PS: Again, its all original 1st release Blitzer. B-tree on both Beetle and Stadium have same part number (1)9005333.

Ok interesting. Do you think the MSC plate or chassis mounts changed?

Ok, I tried to manage something with the photos you posted. Its pretty hard to get the right angle on my camera...

1) Mention the area around the ON/OFF switch on Pic 1 & 2.

2) Pic 3,4 & 5, is it the brace itself?! :wacko: Dont think so...

blitz_35.jpg

blitz_36.jpg

blitz_37.jpg

blitz_38.jpg

blitz_39.jpg

Doh! Just have seen, you edited the quote and put some numbers! Great, should have noticed this befor the second cup of coffee. :D Okay, you have 1,5mm difference... I have approximatly 2mm. The difference is totally okay, this will give the necessary tension, I guess. Please confirm measures of the brace. All focus to the chassis-pan now.

44mm center screw to the front edge of the strut.
blitz_40.jpg

54mm center screw to the edge beside switch-mount.
blitz_41.jpg

Ahhh! Caliper is at the office! Ill check tomorrow night.