Man1c M0nk3y

Top Force 2017 Dampers

They are not just for collectors though.  They are the official hop up of cars from the mad bull to the avante and to think they don't make replacements for the egress where they are the stock part is beyond stupidity.  People also want them because they are extremely good dampers aswell.  The sooner someone starts making copies like the kyosho gold's the better

Agreed!!!! You use to be able to purchase the hicap cylinders as a replacement , not anymore and not since they modernized them.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2019 at 10:21 AM, slimleeroy said:

They are not just for collectors though.  They are the official hop up of cars from the mad bull to the avante and to think they don't make replacements for the egress where they are the stock part is beyond stupidity.  People also want them because they are extremely good dampers aswell.  The sooner someone starts making copies like the kyosho gold's the better

RCMart sells dampers that look similar to the Kyosho Golds:

Xtra Speed Front Dampers

Xtra Speed Rear Dampers

I have a set but have not tried them yet so no idea if they are any good.   They LOOK good in terms of build quality and design that is similar to the original Golds, even the bottom retaining ring/clip.  To my eyes, the color might be too pinkish however, compared side to side with the originals.  By themselves they look fine.

4 hours ago, Champ85 said:

Xtra Speed Front Dampers

Xtra Speed Rear Dampers

I have a set but have not tried them yet so no idea if they are any good.   They LOOK good in terms of build quality and design that is similar to the original Golds, even the bottom retaining ring/clip.  To my eyes, the color might be too pinkish however, compared side to side with the originals.  By themselves they look fine.

I have the mayonnaise rc ones and they are awesome

So glad I checked this thread today and saw the post from weeks ago that rcmart have the Top Force in stock and are doing the promo with the hicaps. Somehow I got sign-off from the fimance committee in minutes and a Top Force with hi cap dampers is now on its way. I omitted to mention shipping costs...

• Like 2

Love them!!!! Just built and installed.  Built based on EVO instructions combined with the rebound settings in the include instructions with the 2017 Hicaps. PLease disregard the wheel set up, this is my back yard bashing set up. 

cprNzHF.jpg

Cjr0g1q.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/7/2019 at 6:33 PM, Champ85 said:

Xtra Speed Front Dampers

Xtra Speed Rear Dampers

They're very good - yes, a little too pink compared to the originals, but they work very well - no leakage in mine so far, and they're nice and smooth :-)

• Like 1

Would the hicaps fit a Super Astute with the Dynastorm shock towers? Or are they different lengths? Its tempting to grab a set of hi caps now while they're available and then the Super Astute won't seem so expensive since I would have forgotten about the cost of the hicaps...

4 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Would the hicaps fit a Super Astute with the Dynastorm shock towers? Or are they different lengths? Its tempting to grab a set of hi caps now while they're available and then the Super Astute won't seem so expensive since I would have forgotten about the cost of the hicaps...

They'd fit perfect.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GTodd said:

They'd fit perfect.

Thanks for that.

So from my wifes point of view the CVAs I have leftover from the Top Force would be fine too...

8 hours ago, slimleeroy said:

They look great

IMG_20191018_202120.jpg

That is gorgeous .  It might just be Tamiya's finest 4wd buggy. Gorgeous on a shelf and will not embarrass itself, even today against more modern designs.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2019 at 6:33 PM, Champ85 said:

Xtra Speed Front Dampers

Xtra Speed Rear Dampers

As long as you rebuild them with tamiya red o rings they are really good

I bought this as a total basket case don't know if it's a genuine evo it had two old hi-caps on the front and some other manufacturers shocks on the back also full set of orange wheels which had been painted silver and battered to bits schumacher tyres but it had all the carbon stuff and centre diff the old body had bits of evolution decals so over the time I've had it I've slowly brought it back to life!

20201001_172221.jpg

• Like 2