Lightningrc

Tamiya metaltop Pajero body lifting

Hello I’ve bought some nice eBay wheels tyres combo and the body needs an extra 15mm aprox lift .

front mount is is simple it’s currently flipped over but needs a spacer too to get perfect but the rear is more of a pain .

if you flip the body mounts on rear then it’s too high but I could may be modify them to drop them down abit if mounted on top .

but what I really Is aftermarket front and rear mounts .

are they any available ? 

I would also look into them chopping and fixing side steps against the body like how they should be any way and not mounted off the chassis 

cheers Steven 

I can remember there being custom rear mounts on Shapeways somewhere doing exactly this.

However, I lifted the rear suspension a bit on my Pajero. I made 5mm thick lift blocks, and put those between the shock attachment point and the chassis. This lifts up the chassis and will allow for slightly more flex without smushing the tire into the inner fender.

I tried pushing the suspension arms down with shocks unbolted and was only a small amount of lift available .

will have to look more into that shapeways parts thing 

thanks 

Just went on that site and found them and by the tine they add post and VAT the two rear mounts and one front are just under £38 !

will cut and shut them if I have too .

surprised there’s none on eBay