Sign in to follow this  
backtomyroots

Single speed Transmission for Semi

Is there an aftermarket manufacturer that builds a single speed transmission that drops in with little modifications for the line of Tamiya Tractor Trailers/Semi Trucks ?

I have no use for the 3 speed included with the kits.

15 hours ago, backtomyroots said:

Is there an aftermarket manufacturer that builds a single speed transmission that drops in with little modifications for the line of Tamiya Tractor Trailers/Semi Trucks ?

I have no use for the 3 speed included with the kits.

you can stick to single speed without any mod. in my memory Tamiya provides some plastic parts that hold the shift rod in a particular position. you don't need to install the shift servo and the 3rd channel in radio system.

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎18 at 7:31 AM, nde63h said:

you can stick to single speed without any mod. in my memory Tamiya provides some plastic parts that hold the shift rod in a particular position. you don't need to install the shift servo and the 3rd channel in radio system.

I forgot about that option, I am looking to simplify the build, the transmission is too much work to build for a single speed :lol:

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎18 at 8:11 AM, leinad2 said:

I looked at the two links you provided, I'm not sure exactly what is included with each link ?

Looks to me like the motor is basically the transmission replacement ?

Mine will be for a Globe Liner.

In the first link you have the motor with a planetery gear which replaces the original motor and 3 speed transmission. In the second link you have the mount for the motor which fits the mounting points of the 3 speed transmission and a cup joint for the drive shaft. I think for the Globe Liner you would need Motorhalter UAT1. 

I haven't used the unit myself but all the users in the german truck forums are quite happy with it and recommend it. 

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎20 at 12:39 AM, leinad2 said:

In the first link you have the motor with a planetery gear which replaces the original motor and 3 speed transmission. In the second link you have the mount for the motor which fits the mounting points of the 3 speed transmission and a cup joint for the drive shaft. I think for the Globe Liner you would need Motorhalter UAT1. 

I haven't used the unit myself but all the users in the german truck forums are quite happy with it and recommend it. 

Great information, thanks.

I'm assuming the stock driveshaft will work