howaboutme

Hotshot Suspension Upgrade Options

1 hour ago, manny said:

Try these HPI part numbers :  103395 .  103410 . . They are pricey but my set were leftover from an old Blitz ESE kit.   If you look on Ebay, you can find the plastic versions as well. 

Thanks! And wow, I see the true price now...at least I know these fit. Will consider these and a few others before deciding. Much appreciated!

On 3/5/2018 at 4:36 PM, howaboutme said:
On 3/5/2018 at 4:36 PM, howaboutme said:

Thanks! And wow, I see the true price now...at least I know these fit. Will consider these and a few others before deciding. Much appreciated!

Hi There, I recently bought the hotshot which is my dream RC back in the old days.. how was your suspension set up? It will be much appreciated if u can share the idea the size(length) and parts cause I would like to do the upgrade as well.

10 minutes ago, RaymondC said:

Check out my build thread here:

Go to the 2nd page. I documented everything. My upgrade was also part of adding a brushless setup so it's a bit more in depth. I have to be honest, I have not run it. Got distracted and I'm much more of a tinkerer on the bench than a runner anyways. :) Let me know if you have questions. If you need actual part #'s (that are not documented here or in my other thread), it'll take some time but I'm happy to do it. Thanks!

23 minutes ago, howaboutme said:

Go to the 2nd page. I documented everything. My upgrade was also part of adding a brushless setup so it's a bit more in depth. I have to be honest, I have not run it. Got distracted and I'm much more of a tinkerer on the bench than a runner anyways. :) Let me know if you have questions. If you need actual part #'s (that are not documented here or in my other thread), it'll take some time but I'm happy to do it. Thanks!

Your hotshot is really HOT!!.. awesome job man.. There are many details and I will review over the weekend. Thanks for your time help!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaymondC said:

Your hotshot is really HOT!!.. awesome job man.. There are many details and I will review over the weekend. Thanks for your time help!! 

Thank you very much! Just wondering what else I can do w/ it? LOL!

On 2/26/2021 at 9:07 AM, howaboutme said:

On 2/26/2021 at 8:55 AM, RaymondC said:

Hi there, just finally hv time to review your posted & all the parts, thank you for all the details. Is possible you can provide all the screws details for the front & back suspension upgrade? Or if I miss any details from your posted?

On 2/26/2021 at 9:07 AM, howaboutme said:

Hi Therer,  just finally hv time to review your posted & all the parts, thank you for all the details. Is possible you can provide all the screws details for the front & back suspension upgrade? Or if I miss any details from your posted?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RaymondC said:

Hi Therer,  just finally hv time to review your posted & all the parts, thank you for all the details. Is possible you can provide all the screws details for the front & back suspension upgrade? Or if I miss any details from your posted?

Hi there, glad the thread was a help. I think it'll be difficult for me to provide the screw specs. However, what I did was pretty simple. I just used the HSII manual. Since I used 99% stock parts, I knew the screws would work. Even w/ the 3rd party suspension system, the attachment method was similar. After long research, I realized the most of what I needed was in a parts bag set. You can get those on Ebay. Here is what I bought exactly, not very expensive:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TAMIYA-SUPERSHOT-Screws-Hardware-HOTSHOT-BOOMERANG-SUPER-TP17/132417183557

I did have to dig in a few times into my own stash. If you have a long history w/ Tamiya, your stash may have what you need already. My stash wasn't up to par so I had to supplement w/ the extra parts bags.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck!

5 hours ago, howaboutme said:

Hi there, glad the thread was a help. I think it'll be difficult for me to provide the screw specs. However, what I did was pretty simple. I just used the HSII manual. Since I used 99% stock parts, I knew the screws would work. Even w/ the 3rd party suspension system, the attachment method was similar. After long research, I realized the most of what I needed was in a parts bag set. You can get those on Ebay. Here is what I bought exactly, not very expensive:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TAMIYA-SUPERSHOT-Screws-Hardware-HOTSHOT-BOOMERANG-SUPER-TP17/132417183557

I did have to dig in a few times into my own stash. If you have a long history w/ Tamiya, your stash may have what you need already. My stash wasn't up to par so I had to supplement w/ the extra parts bags.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck!

Thanks for your help my friend!! Unfortunately it out of stock but will keep checking..👍

1 hour ago, RaymondC said:

Thanks for your help my friend!! Unfortunately it out of stock but will keep checking..👍

It doesn't have to be the exact one. You can piece the parts bags together separately. If you correlate each part w/ the hardware needed via the HSII manual you can start to jot down what you need. That's essentially what I did. To be honest, I only used less than 15% of the hardware that I ordered so it was a bit of a waste. But I did add to my parts stash. :D

22 minutes ago, howaboutme said:

It doesn't have to be the exact one. You can piece the parts bags together separately. If you correlate each part w/ the hardware needed via the HSII manual you can start to jot down what you need. That's essentially what I did. To be honest, I only used less than 15% of the hardware that I ordered so it was a bit of a waste. But I did add to my parts stash. :D

So true!! I will go ahead to shop around individually instead.. thanks again..👍

• Like 1