Andyfish2000

Any owners of Losi Micro DT 1/36

I've just taken delivery of an old Micro Desert Truck 1/36 scale.  Always wanted one, and it was a bit of a chance as was cheap cause not working.  Having tested , it looks like the battery and/or charger (I would assume the former) have died.  A quick search threw up that they can cope with a 2S lipo, and with a bit of connector hacking I have tested with success using one of my larger plane lipos.  So, now I need to source a tiny 2S that will fit in place of the original NIMH and solder new connectors.

I wondered if anyone else has one and if they have hopped it up or run standard.  I'd also be interested in sourcing spares and hop ups so links to suppliers in UK would be great.

Thanks

I do have the 1:36 Losi Micro T, but it stopped working about a month after receiving it; the only hop-ups I had a chance to install in that time were ball bearings. It ran respectably when it did, but sometimes suffered from interference. I was actually thinking about moving it on, since it is of no use to me. It is a shame, because it was actually well-suited to carpet running.

Did Losi not issue a hop-up Li-Po battery? Or was that one just 1S?

Losi do a 2S Lipo but I cant find it i the UK.  I may contact my LHS but suspect they will be very expensive.  My thoughts was around trying to find a suitable cheaper alternative (perhaps a turnigy).  As it goes, Hobbyking do an eflight which apparently can be used at 5 batteries for £16 so could get those and sell 4 of them on to other Micro owners (or get me an eflight model plane lol).  I'm off to do some measuring!