mman2005

WTD Technigold Resisitor & Terminals

Hi all. I'm after an exact replacement resistor or 2 for a Technigold motor. It came in a spares pack with terminals and part number for the pack is 9805317. If you have the pack I would be interested also.

If you're able to help, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks. I was hoping someone might have some spare resistors to avoid me paying that much. I can't even find out what type of resistor it is

I have some RX540 i will try to decipher the color code of the resistors or measure them.

• Thanks 1

This should be it, if I got the colors right

5a8e0455d1408_rx540vzresistor.thumb.JPG.0b46323f47d4e714233fea814328c191.JPG

Don’t think it’s a resistor; Celica manual calls it a condenser (old name for a capacitor) and shows it soldered across the terminals.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, martinjpayne said:

Don’t think it’s a resistor; Celica manual calls it a condenser (old name for a capacitor) and shows it soldered across the terminals.

Thanks although does make my search even harder :)

Got confused there to but pretty sure its a resistor. But open for all sugestions. Need some afforable2CC1DBC4-C877-47B9-8413-E9E26E81CAA6.thumb.jpeg.6a56af4fb36e3d1b4474e63b7ae89a5e.jpeg terminals myself.

not 100% sure on the silver maybe grey.?

Considering when this motor was released (1985?) and the fact that the motor instructions themselves call it a condenser (old name for a capacitor), I would conclude that the item is a 4.7nF +/-10% NP0/C0G Axial Lead Ceramic Capacitor - based on the colour bands being Yellow/Violet/Red/Silver/Black.

Capacitors that looked like resisters were common back in the 70's/80's, though not nowadays!

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, martinjpayne said:

Considering when this motor was released (1985?) and the fact that the motor instructions themselves call it a condenser (old name for a capacitor), I would conclude that the item is a 4.7nF +/-10% NP0/C0G Axial Lead Ceramic Capacitor - based on the colour bands being Yellow/Violet/Red/Silver/Black.

Capacitors that looked like resisters were common back in the 70's/80's, though not nowadays!

Thanks for the info, although it looks to be gold rather than black so not sure that's 100%

2 hours ago, waterbok said:

Got confused there to but pretty sure its a resistor. But open for all sugestions. Need some afforable2CC1DBC4-C877-47B9-8413-E9E26E81CAA6.thumb.jpeg.6a56af4fb36e3d1b4474e63b7ae89a5e.jpeg terminals myself.

not 100% sure on the silver maybe grey.?

If you decide to buy some new replacements, if you're interested I could always buy the capacitor off you?

4 hours ago, mman2005 said:

Thanks for the info, although it looks to be gold rather than black so not sure that's 100%

Okay, that makes it a 4.7nF +/-10% Y5F Axial Lead Ceramic Capacitor.

• Thanks 1

Thank you. I now have more info for my quest. Much appreciated!! :)