Andyfish2000

Ebay sellers cancelling orders and then relisting

Recently I have noticed a lot of relisting of cars despite having successfully sold the first time round by sellers on ebay.  Then this last week I bought a clod-buster fair and square on ebay, only to receive an email 3 days later from seller saying Royal Mail had crushed the parcel and my money had been refunded.  Truck now relisted in exactly the same condition and photos except just at a higher price with no evidence or mention of issues.  How common is this?  Are there any ebay rules this is breaking?

From eBay's end, the seller's avoiding the reserve fee but, if he's saying the parcel was damaged, it's probably an easy way out of completing the deal for what they consider to be too low a price.
All he has to tell eBay is that he replaced any damaged parts when he got the parcel back and that the new price reflects this and that'll be the end of it.

I guess you can't leave him feedback now either if he's refunded your ££?

Don't be so sure about that feedback thing. A couple months ago I tried to purchase certain wheels from 2 different sellers in a row that ended up not having the product, but tried to get me to buy a different type of wheels that they had. Both orders were cancelled and my money refunded. 3 days ago I got an e-mail saying that I never left feedback on those 2 purchases. I was tempted to leave feedback saying they shouldn't list items they don't have.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andyfish2000 said:

Recently I have noticed a lot of relisting of cars despite having successfully sold the first time round by sellers on ebay.  Then this last week I bought a clod-buster fair and square on ebay, only to receive an email 3 days later from seller saying Royal Mail had crushed the parcel and my money had been refunded.  Truck now relisted in exactly the same condition and photos except just at a higher price with no evidence or mention of issues.  How common is this?  Are there any ebay rules this is breaking?

I would just leave negative feedback or at least neutral. I am a seller and buyer and I never understand why people still do this or user other accounts to increase bids. All they need to do is set a reserve or list at a higher price. No excuse for it