An inspired concept! - looks like Kelly is enjoying some winter sun ;o)

Jx

ps. Did you take any steps to slow-down or lock the diffs at all?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JennyMo said:

An inspired concept! - looks like Kelly is enjoying some winter sun ;o)

Jx

ps. Did you take any steps to slow-down or lock the diffs at all?

Hi Jenny,  I decided to leave the diffs open. I have two SCX10's and two Wraiths, which I also use for crawling & trailing. Because these are designed for this purpose, they are absolutely great to run, and tackle most challenges without too much trouble.

But there lies my problem. Although they are so much fun, sometimes it can be too easy. Leaving the diffs open on the Subaru (and my CC01 Pajero), provides me with the challenge that can be lacking with the Axials. I tend to run most of my off road RC's on similar terrain, and use my Tamiya's to try to complete routes I have done with my Axials. This isn't always successful, but it's a lot of fun trying, and keeps things interesting.

I am currently editing a new video, that I shot yesterday, of Kelly's latest adventure. (The photo is a still taken from the video). I will message you the link when it's done.:D

• Like 1

Yes, I know what you mean about keeping an element of 'challenge' - I was driving the STUMPkin around the garden today, and I'd forgotten just how rubbish an ultra-short wheelbase coupled with fat tyres (with hardly any grip) and open-diff RWD set-up can be over anything remotely steep or rough... I've certainly been spoilt by my own crawler in that regard!

Not only was it forever on it's rear wheels at the slightest hint of an uphill gradient, but the other thing I noticed was how the STUMPkin would run away on the slightest downhill - primarily due to the lack of a drag brake on the ESC (coupled with those big tyres) of course; while the short wheelbase meant that it would almost always roll over when I tried to drive it off a step...

Still, I ended up having a lot of fun learning to 'jump' it off a step (like a trials bike) - rolling it slowly towards the edge then blipping the throttle just enough so it launched off and landed on all four (or even just the rear) wheels! Of course on a series of steps this almost inevitably ended up in a subsequent roll over and even bigger crash...

Good job it's a tough little cookie!

Looking forward to the video!

Jenny x

• Like 2