ducatikid

Stadium Thunder (Evo)

Hi guys,

I've been looking at the Stadium Thunder and have really fallen for its looks however, i'm not that keen on the Falcon chassis and wondered if the body and wheels could be made to fit the DT-02 chassis in particular the Sand Viper as it comes with a few upgrades over the other DT-02's. I'm just wondering if the body will fit over the gearbox and not ruin the stance. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Lee

It should be o.k. with the Stadium Thunder body. The beetle body is the tough one due to the large spur gear on the DT02. You have to cut a slot in the sand scorcher/blitzer shell to get it to fit over the spur if you're trying to re-create the Blitzer Beetle with the DT02. 

Just make sure to run a mild brushless motor on the DT02, instead of brushed because the brushless motor will run cooler with larger truck tires/wheels. The DT02 doesn't have the lower gearing options that the Stadium Thunder/Blitzer has. 

You might also have to get creative with the body mounts on the DT02. 

Hope this helps,
Steve

If your worry is the front end coming off, Ampro parts should take care of it.  

I see why you'd want DT02. It is more contemporary. Parts should be easier to obtain. I want a Falcon. But I have a feeling that I'll get my hands on DT02 sooner.

it was a toss up between the thunder and the blitzer for me and the blitzer won as i didn't like all the red plastic on the thunder.

i run a 11 turn brushless set up in mine and i aint had no probs yet apart from the rear of the shell beeing trashed from wheelying 

Thanks for the replies, i'm hopefully picking up a new Sand Viper soon. I like to do things a little different mixing up chassis and body shells. I made this recently. Ford F150 on a modified TL01/M03 chassis.img22564_112201820657_5.jpg

• Like 3

Hi Biz73, thank you for that, it might be better, then i can upgrade the chassis. I have someone coming back to me on a new Sand Viper, if it doesn't pan out i'll look at the Titan.

Thanks again. Lee

I looked more at the specs after I posted it, and the Sand Viper has more upgrades out of the box. Either one would be a good starting point. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

I have a possible plan B. I've just measured up my Dark Impact and reversed the rear arms to get the desired 260mm wheelbase i need for the Stadium Thunder body. Problem is the rear arms have toe-in built in and not the hubs. I did a quick search and someone else on hear did the same and it was suggested to use rear TA-04 2 degree toe-in knuckles. The thread ended so i don't know if it worked or not.

I know there are still quite a few DF03 fans on the forum, but I really dislike that buggy chassis, the gears, etc. For overall durability and fun factor, I think either the Blitzer chassis or the DT-02 are better even though you're sacrificing the 4wd. If you must have 4wd and a Tamiya, maybe look at adapting the Manta Ray buggy, a DF02 or a TT02B for the Stadium Thunder body? 

Just a thought...

Steve

Thanks Steve, i'm certainly open to suggestions thanks. I'll have a look around at other models. I just fancied making something different and the Dark Impact was handy to do a quick measure. :D Lee

Received my Stadium Thunder body today and decided to test mount it on my DF03 chassis. I really like it and obviously it needs tweaking and different wheels (Really like the original Stadium Thunder yellow wheels). I have a new unbuilt Sand Viper coming this week so once that's built i'll decide which chassis the shell is going on.

20180306_230527.jpg

• Like 2

I love the Blitzer platform its cheap, rugged & tons of fun - Which is why I have 2x Blitzer Beetles, a Stadium Thunder, & a Bear hawk! I've been messing around with different shells & the F150/Blackfoot is a definite winner for me & should work on the dDF03 chassis too;

26996268269_a63ce8cdfc_b.jpg

• Like 6

9 hours ago, chazekxt said:

any updates on this?

Yes, I received the DT02 Sand Viper yesterday and built most of it last night. Once I've got the shocks built I need to look at the mounting points, there is a mount in the kit which I think may be for the Nissan Titan so should be ok but the bodies between that and the Stadium Thunder are different. I'll post more pictures tonight. 

• Like 1

I've 95% finished the Sand Viper, just need to add electronics. I found some small body mounts in my vast array of rc stuff so fitted the body tonight. I'm really happy with the way it's gone so far. I've ordered decals and will hopefully get it finished in the next couple of weeks, just need the fluorescent wheels and some decent tires then it's done.

20180310_001921.jpg

• Like 1

On 28/02/2018 at 1:13 AM, pastimesteve said:

It should be o.k. with the Stadium Thunder body. The beetle body is the tough one due to the large spur gear on the DT02. You have to cut a slot in the sand scorcher/blitzer shell to get it to fit over the spur if you're trying to re-create the Blitzer Beetle with the DT02. 

Just make sure to run a mild brushless motor on the DT02, instead of brushed because the brushless motor will run cooler with larger truck tires/wheels. The DT02 doesn't have the lower gearing options that the Stadium Thunder/Blitzer has. 

You might also have to get creative with the body mounts on the DT02. 

Hope this helps,
Steve

Steve kindly replied to my post earlier regarding the Beetle body on the DT02 

On ‎2018‎년 ‎3‎월 ‎7‎일 at 10:05 PM, max69vk said:

I love the Blitzer platform its cheap, rugged & tons of fun - Which is why I have 2x Blitzer Beetles, a Stadium Thunder, & a Bear hawk! I've been messing around with different shells & the F150/Blackfoot is a definite winner for me & should work on the dDF03 chassis too;

26996268269_a63ce8cdfc_b.jpg

I love the looks and combination. Beautiful truck.