El Dougo

Hobbyking Sale

I just bought a Berseker Truggy kit and a charger, my friend got some body shells for £1.26 each.

They have the desert fox for £42, I nearly ended up with one of those as well :lol:

2 hours ago, El Dougo said:

I just bought a Berseker Truggy kit and a charger, my friend got some body shells for £1.26 each.

They have the desert fox for £42, I nearly ended up with one of those as well :lol:

I'm not seeing the Desert Fox for £42?

Desert Fox buggy is not on sale anymore.. now it's £108 in UK and EU Warehouse

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

Desert Fox buggy is not on sale anymore.. now it's £108 in UK and EU Warehouse

:(

1 hour ago, Dirt-540 said:

Don't worry, they must've had only 1 at that price and it sold asap ;p

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dirt-540 said:

:( Could have been the international warehouse if that makes you feel a little better.   

• Like 1

I was looking at that HSV-010 shell as well!

HobbyKing...  Geez, they got me again!  Some of the best things I found:

• Chrome dish wheels for $2/pair.  I have a muscle car/pickup truck project in mind.

23264.jpg

10140388_2010913182722.jpg

• 7-spoke gunmetal wheels for $2/pair.  These should look nice with almost any shell.

23268.jpg

• Scale jack stands for $5/pair.

98207_high.jpg

• Car show barrier set for $9.  The jack stands the barriers might be fun in some photos.  Replacing the wires with fine chains or velvet ropes might look even more cool!

79049-1.jpg

• Torque driver with 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, and 3.0 mm bits for $3.  I'm just curious what sort of torque different screws need to thread into plastic.

85844_1_high.jpg

• Anemometer (wind/temperature gauge) for $2.  Impulse buy to measure wind speed as storms roll in.

anemometer-17800.jpg

• Mini Metal 8-in-1 tool kit for $30.  Yes, that's right -- $30.  I bought a smaller plastic version of this years ago and it was terrible.  But this is a larger tool mostly made of aluminum.  It's a gamble that might pay off, or it'll go on Craigslist.

87842s2.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, speedy_w_beans said:

I was looking at that HSV-010 shell as well!

23268.jpg

Ha! I also got those wheels to go with the HSV shell. 

On 3/1/2018 at 2:11 PM, Dirt-540 said:

I'm not seeing the Desert Fox for £42?

I got one last night after my post!!! It just appeared as I was sorting out nuts and bolts for 5p each in the sale... it was in the UK warehouse too so cheap shipping! A Desert Fox for £42 that's to good to pass up. Just keep checking it might appear again as they definitely weren't these when we both checked earlier.

[Threads merged]

Browsing the Hobbyking site I saw select Tamiya kits are priced pretty attractively.  These are prices for the US warehouse,  and they all seem to have free shipping.

TT-02B MS,  84418,  $116.84   https://hobbyking.com/en_us/tt-02b-ms.html

Black Special Edition FJ CC-01,  58620,  $163.15   https://hobbyking.com/en_us/fj-cruiser-blk-special-cc-01.html

Blitzer Beetle,  58502,  $121.26   https://hobbyking.com/en_us/tamiya-1-10-scale-blitzer-beetle-cat-kit-58502.html

These prices seem good to me.  Kinda want both a Blitzer and a TT-02B. 

Again,  these are all US warehouse stock.  Not sure what there is internationally for the rest of you.

Anybody else get their orders yet? 

40265415214_10d22a1eac_b.jpg

Thought I would give a small, first impressions review over the HSV shell. Currently, it's listed for $53.96 USD. I paid $6.00 USD for it during the sale. The body shell came in a grey box with so much dust on it, that when I wiped the dust off, I realized that the box was actually black in color!

The description says:

This quality racing car body is almost ready to go right out of the box, simply ream the holes for body mounts, clip it on and start driving! excellent paint job, highly detailed pre-applied decals and a pre-installed racing wing give the body an aggressive look on the track.

40974245481_582f079e1f_b.jpg

40265416994_ce36f76b3e_b.jpg

The stickers were peeling off right out of the box. 

40974245931_9b94ae6a4a_b.jpg

40974244161_a4eace4305_b.jpg

40974246171_3e80de35d8_b.jpg

The big wing feels like ABS and has metal standoffs for it.  

40265420074_41c9b300f7_b.jpg

40974245001_d8e3b666a9_b.jpg

The mirrors are also somewhat reflective.

40974244711_b07288e1b0_b.jpg

The shell has a rubbery feel to it. It's not polycarbonate, but feels pretty tough like it could take some abuse and keep it's shape.

Here's the inside:

40265411554_7d45722550_b.jpg

The tape that holds the LED light buckets in is peeling off, and has very poor sticky quality. I didn't intend to run LED's on this shell, so no big deal anyways.

40974243911_34f0c7ef51_b.jpg

40265409624_7572ebab5d_b.jpg

If I paid $50.00 for this shell, I would be seriously upset. While the decals are highly detailed, they didn't do that great of a job pre-applying them. I paid $6.00 for it, and I would pay $6.00 for another. If it goes on sale again for that price, I probably will get another. The wing and side mirrors make it worth the cost for just those parts alone. I'll likely use the spoiler and mirrors for a different car and beat on this shell until it's no longer usable. At $6.00, you could peel off all of the stickers and still have a pretty decent shell. I'm satisfied with it.

The international part of my order arrived, but the USA portion hasn't yet. One of the items went on backorder between the time I put it in the cart and when I checked out.

So at the moment I mostly have a load of GT-10X pan car parts, some wheels, the jack stands, and the show barrier set. The tools might take a little more time to arrive.

My second order was just delivered yesterday.  Took over two weeks to process the order.  Got a Desert Fox and some batteries this last go round.  The first order included a TT02B MS.  That arrived in a pretty timely fashion.  The TT box was quite dusty as well...

I still haven't received the USA portion of this order yet; one item remains on backorder and is holding everything else up.  In the meantime I placed a second order for a battery for my M05 speed run car, and that has been held up for two weeks even though it is in stock.  I started to worry there was something systematically wrong at the USA warehouse and chatted with customer service a few times.  They offered store credit for the backordered item (which I don't want to do) and finally admitted they are processing a large volume of orders, which has been compounded by some bad weather apparently.  For now I'm trying (and partially failing) to be patient...