Thanks Ann3x for the great work !!

My Monster Racer diff starts slipping again. And I wonder if there has been an update/info on the driveshaft length or longer outdrives so we could use it on the monster racer too. 

Many thanks

Dave

Im told that 72mm HPI flux dogbones work with the HMR/Kingcab and my gearbox (but havent tested them myself). I believe part# is WR80019101234.

In theory most other 72mm dogbones should work too I guess.

Hi folks, I’ve recently bought a used king cab which is a runner. I’m looking to update the gearbox and motor. After reading this post can anyone help?

many thanks 

Gary 

24AA94EC-0C59-441C-9F6C-D72B4A4CE6ED.jpeg

If by help, you mean, can you use my gearbox for it.... yes! Go to shapeways. You need to source some dogbones of right length but otherwise its a direct fit.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ann3x said:

If by help, you mean, can you use my gearbox for it.... yes! Go to shapeways. You need to source some dogbones of right length but otherwise its a direct fit.

Thank you, can any one recommend a motor to suit (new to modifying sorry)

thanks

Gary

Get Ann3x's gearbox its fantastic and the schumacher internals are way better than what tamiya re issued in the super astute. 

As motors go I use a 10t trackstar brushless with trackstar "turbo" esc and it s a blast. 

I don't know if you are still working on this, but the Ball diff from the SV2 (which is compatible with all the cougars, drop in replacement for the gear diff you guys are using ) can have 'long' out drives. Its compatible with all v2 style ball diffs ( so the latest v3 is not). might help the short fall in the dog bone length? I think its U3750 and U3751.

14 hours ago, Reflexia said:

I don't know if you are still working on this, but the Ball diff from the SV2 (which is compatible with all the cougars, drop in replacement for the gear diff you guys are using ) can have 'long' out drives. Its compatible with all v2 style ball diffs ( so the latest v3 is not). might help the short fall in the dog bone length? I think its U3750 and U3751.

Interesting. Thanks for the info. Do you know if there are long gear diff outdrives too? Or just the ball diff...?

4 hours ago, Ann3x said:

Interesting. Thanks for the info. Do you know if there are long gear diff outdrives too? Or just the ball diff...?

Sadly Gear diff does not. This is what you're looking at. 2mm longer each side than the gear diff.

OutDriveLengths.jpg

• Thanks 1