Taken in Devon /Cornwall way, I’m sure this bird could read. 

‘Can’t Fly eh?’ How did he get up there then?

AD6EFE5E-2D6C-4489-9CDF-D1D1A4EB23A6.jpeg

• Haha 1

The spectacular Supertrees show in Singapore. Well worth seeing if you ever get that way with the light show to music. 

FDEFE43E-5DCB-42B2-A6B3-A5FA574EE48F.jpeg

7624746B-E82E-47F4-9C85-941227E89324.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Re-Bugged said:

The spectacular Supertrees show in Singapore. Well worth seeing if you ever get that way with the light show to music. 

That's awesome. I seen those in Planet Earth II and have wanted to go see them ever since.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Taken in Devon /Cornwall way, I’m sure this bird could read. 

‘Can’t Fly eh?’ How did he get up there then?

AD6EFE5E-2D6C-4489-9CDF-D1D1A4EB23A6.jpeg

Looks like Dawlish? 

Fantastic photos guys!! 👍 

So fantastic, i'd be tempted to water mark them! 🙈

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

Fantastic photos guys!! 👍 

So fantastic, i'd be tempted to water mark them! 🙈

I used to watermark everything. It turned out to be a waste of time, because if anyone wanted to steal them, they could easily remove the watermark by cloning it out or cropping the photo. It's happened before. I have sent so many DMCA take down notices over the years, that I have a template saved for each time it happens. Sometimes I find them by chance, sometimes another person will alert me to the use of the photo. I also use a combination of Flickr's stats and Googles search by Image to find out if a photo has been used without my permission. Bookface and Tumbler users are two of the biggest thieves. The last place to steal one of my photos was a government organization who asked me for permission to use the photo. I clearly told them no. They said "Thanks!". A week later, I found it on their website and filed a take down with them. The photo was taken down, and I got a letter of apology from the website editor. In response, I sent them a bill for copyright infringement fee's.  They have not paid. :lol:

The only way to keep a photo from being stolen is to not post it on the internet. I've tried selling prints locally at public events, and it's not worth the time or cost. Having them up on Flickr has also given enough exposure that honest people have contacted me about licensing photos, in which they paid the agreed price to use the photo. Those same people don't want the photos with watermarks on them. I also feel that a watermark takes away from the image, or just makes it look ugly in general. 

• Like 2

Snowy Egret eating a shrimp, on a shrimp boat.

16325847383_d4c4e41011_b.jpg

Another Snowy with a hardhead.

24415341795_0d39a1ea12_b.jpg

A Kookaburra in Texas.

23227884689_678a05b233_b.jpg

Some photos from our weekly car meet.

Saturday Car Meet

082711 Kemah Saturday Meetup

100111 Kemah Car Show

100111 Kemah Car Show

Act like you never seen a T-bird before...

• Like 6

On 06/03/2018 at 9:49 PM, Kingfisher said:

25964882440_64b49047df_b.jpg

16637978237_2a0704711d_b.jpg

I love the second one, my kind of subject, especially with nice lighting like that.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, nowinaminute said:

I love the second one, my kind of subject, especially with nice lighting like that.

Thanks. It's always fun to go sit on the Pier in Galveston and watch the ships come into port.

16845309595_8afbdab237_b.jpg

16659229749_eea54841b5_b.jpg

Some more trucks:

22722240723_c0694248ef_b.jpg

2011 Battle Drag

Space City Cruisers Fall Show

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Man1c M0nk3y said:

A few from walks...

I want to go walking where you do. It looks great.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kingfisher said:

I want to go walking where you do. It looks great.

It really is imo. Although it’s very bleak in parts tbh and a touch of artistic license may have been used for effect!

The Pennines and the Peaks are amazing. 

I’m lucky that although I live almost central of a major city I can be in the hills in under an hour and lose myself for the day. The hills are my escape. 

Loving your car stuff btw. Hoping to do a few shows myself this year. 

53 minutes ago, Kingfisher said:

Thanks. It's always fun to go sit on the Pier in Galveston and watch the ships come into port.

16845309595_8afbdab237_b.jpg

16659229749_eea54841b5_b.jpg

Some more trucks:

22722240723_c0694248ef_b.jpg

2011 Battle Drag

Space City Cruisers Fall Show

I used to live in Southampton which was ideal but I moved away when I was in my early 20s and at that point I was still bothered by the fact that people might have thought it was too nerdy and not "cool" enough. And of course now that I don't give a flying.....I don't have the opportunity any more. 

Luckily I still have Cardiff and Port Talbot steelworks in travelling distance for ships but it's not quite the same.

Charlotte Borchard leaving Cardiff docksIndustar 50-2 50mm F/3.5

does any body have have any pics of travelling fun fairs i did used to take a few back in the 90's but they are actual photos 

On 09/03/2018 at 1:04 PM, topforcein said:

does any body have have any pics of travelling fun fairs i did used to take a few back in the 90's but they are actual photos 

Something I’d like to have a go at. 

Fantastic colours and a chance to play around with blurring and exposure (long). 

Sadly the fairs around my area have all been and gone long ago due to idiots causing trouble. 

Do you still do anything yourself?

no the only camera i have is the one on my phone. And tbh i 'll have to look to see if i still have the photos of the fair i took back in the 90's.

we have one fair/carnival by me a year and the times that is allowed on has been cut 

4 hours ago, Man1c M0nk3y said:

Something I’d like to have a go at. 

Fantastic colours and a chance to play around with blurring and exposure (long). 

Sadly the fairs around my area have all been and gone long ago due to idiots causing trouble. 

Do you still do anything yourself?

Not necessarily a problem @topforcein The quality of some phone cameras now are good enough for great shots. The camera on my iPhone 8+ was used for all of my walking shots. 

• Like 1

I went to the Amelia Island Concours show this weekend, finally!

mhQIfNW.jpg

I knew the above cars would be there, which was so satisfying.  But I was shocked to see this in the car club area outside of the show!
7FNyaos.jpg

"I don't know Bob do you think the intercooler is big enough?"

vzeKjD5.jpg

I have more pics of course, https://imgur.com/a/SeW0H .

• Like 6

On 07/03/2018 at 9:10 PM, novicelad said:

Looks like Dawlish? 

I couldn’t remember the name, but my wife's informs me it is. I do remember a very short boat ride to save a long drive around to get to the other side. 

On 3/12/2018 at 9:13 AM, firefoxussr said:

I knew the above cars would be there, which was so satisfying.  But I was shocked to see this in the car club area outside of the show!
7FNyaos.jpg

That's a nice turnout there. What an amazing assortment of cars. I would have gone nuts trying to figure out where I wanted to point the camera first. There was an XJR-15 recently on Jay Leno's Garage and Petrolicious. Both, good videos that let you hear the sound of the car.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Kingfisher said:

That's a nice turnout there. What an amazing assortment of cars. I would have gone nuts trying to figure out where I wanted to point the camera first. There was an XJR-15 recently on Jay Leno's Garage and Petrolicious. Both, good videos that let you hear the sound of the car.

I'd seen the Petrolicious video and thought "i'd like to see one of those some day!".   Let me find that Jay Leno vid now!   I like his joke about the Countach's windscreen hammer.

And yes it was quite over whelming!  I took 430 photos!

• Like 1