Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi Folks,

Been on a MF-01X binge over the last few months. I have seven built and one still to go. Two will be runners while the rest shelf queens.

Shelf queens mostly spot Tamiya Esc + 17.5T sensored Brushless motor. One of the Runners has up rated 80A Hobbyking esc & 13.5T motor. The other is a work in progress at the moment.

59CBB887-DFAD-43C9-949D-181980EA424B_zps

A639DD32-DCAA-4721-9E0F-7CD036F3E5DE_zps

E30B8A20-8712-483B-A15E-76AAAFF7CD0E_zps

39BD8BF2-7CE1-4887-91AA-21F58C60D5E3_zps

F8CB8768-D064-419C-8D0D-2B0CA0148926_zps

AE4B3033-A606-4CB6-B327-0D73B0AF3599_zps

FC30518E-80C0-445A-9ABF-49F684F73ECA_zps

AA46BA46-B70E-4568-B5F9-94D4DCF68CE6_zps

61C83545-3A73-4D1E-AACC-CCAAC6D34CD6_zps

120C81FB-F133-4E2D-8ED8-D20E8E5160F2_zps

3BD53E61-B79B-46B4-87AC-C23E052A3003_zps

609CD9CF-80F1-426A-9F0E-E5C8E1EECFB1_zps

6C555DF1-B0E7-4B54-B5D4-FDC9776EC194_zps

31F6EDA4-8DA9-4F6E-A361-57B8B3CF23B3_zps

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So THAT'S why I can't find a Honda S800 body shell anywhere!  Great collection you have there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blista said:

So THAT'S why I can't find a Honda S800 body shell anywhere!  Great collection you have there.

I think some vendors on Amazon still carry S800 body shell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So last night, with some time on hand & inspired by fellow member @Johan, I made this :

Proline

BA4D8994-679E-456C-BCF7-7BED9E069BB7_zps

Proline 2.2 truck tires on Gmade rims (need lighter rims though)

8F0578ED-480A-432A-8A27-67E179BA4CD6_zpsP

The GF-01 Toyota body can be made to fit

3A51F2F5-7F50-41A0-B3FA-D4E5C3637CAA_zps

Took a spare rear shock arm and drilled appropriate holes to suit

270DF73A-E9B0-493A-AEEA-573BEF402C9A_zps

GF-01 arms all round.

3A5EAE43-DF75-4286-B61D-8051FF07E555_zps

Legthened turnbuckles to accommodate camber adjustment

FE2E0761-4146-4A85-9A83-35FCADA1E23A_zps

Spare rear shock arm for the front shocks mount

96DA133F-50C4-47E1-AA21-F7B317092628_zps

GPM knuckles & WR-02 CVDs for the front

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted to do the Land Cruiser pick up too after seeing a YouTube video, but it seems you can't buy that body separately?!

Impressive collection. I've got a couple of MF01s I'll share tonight.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

I wanted to do the Land Cruiser pick up too after seeing a YouTube video, but it seems you can't buy that body separately?!

The body isn't available as a body parts set, but as separate parts. I got mine from Tamico. They are out of stock of the body right now though.

Body: 11825828

Stickers and Masking Set: 19495814

(Wild Willy driver torso:  19000307, plastic parts only)

(Wild Willy driver torso:  54531 (plastic parts, screws, nuts and washer)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChrisRx718 said:

I wanted to do the Land Cruiser pick up too after seeing a YouTube video, but it seems you can't buy that body separately?!

Impressive collection. I've got a couple of MF01s I'll share tonight.

Please do share !

Video is shared by fellow member @Johan in the general discussions section. That is where I got this idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

The body isn't available as a body parts set, but as separate parts. I got mine from Tamico. They are out of stock of the body right now though.

Body: 11825828

Stickers and Masking Set: 19495814

(Wild Willy driver torso:  19000307, plastic parts only)

(Wild Willy driver torso:  54531 (plastic parts, screws, nuts and washer)

Like this - get a set of GF-01. Swap out the body for a Suzuki Jimny or a VW bus, then repurpose the Toyota body for the MF-01X. Even, the wifey will be sympathetic to this cause :)

2827116C-3F4C-4478-9B97-A69C8A0C6B14_zps

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found with my mf01x I had the chassis starting cracking in numerous places

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, joeling said:

Like this - get a set of GF-01. Swap out the body for a Suzuki Jimny or a VW bus, then repurpose the Toyota body for the MF-01X. Even, the wifey will be sympathetic to this cause :)

2827116C-3F4C-4478-9B97-A69C8A0C6B14_zps

 

That VW bus is awesome - i forgot about those. What's the wheelbase on the body? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting choice of shells. I would have imagined the Honda and Beetle as RWD models on the M-06. Still impressive though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Righto long post time...

I have 2 MF01 cars, starting with the Jimny kit-

20180314_22180620180314_221819

F350 wheels and some taller profile Chinese tyres. It's one of my favourite runners.

20180314_22193620180314_221951

Chassis has been messed around with - it used some Chinese dual-rate crawler shocks which are about 90mm long - it runs incredibly stable - it will grip-roll if you're careless but it will also corner on 3 wheels :lol:

It's not rapid - has a CR-tuned 35T Tamiya motor and steel pinion installed. Rear diff locked, front open. It's used for off-road rather than full-on crawling; grass and mud present no challenge but give it anything to climb over and it will just get stuck.

And yes; the rear dampers are mounted to the body posts! They're surprisingly rigid with the bracing.

So my other MF01 is a little different..

20180314_22154220180314_221603

It's a drift car - but not as we know it!

20180314_22162420180314_221649

TRF Dampers, carbon bits and alloy bits, the rear knuckles are 3d printed and correct the suspension geometry (whilst preventing binding) a bug-bear of mine is that in stock form the rear right suspension binds before full compression on the propshaft cover. The rear damper on this side is also spaced to prevent contact. Bit of an annoying feature, that. 

As you can see from the state of the tyres it's never even been tested. Rear diff is locked, front is a one-way type. Can't even decide on wheels and tyres!

I think it needs a shake down the first good weather we get...

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Interesting choice of shells. I would have imagined the Honda and Beetle as RWD models on the M-06. Still impressive though!

Yes agree not very accurate. I have a thing for 4WD - Hotshot being my first hobby grade all those decades ago ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Righto long post time...

I have 2 MF01 cars, starting with the Jimny kit-

20180314_22180620180314_221819

F350 wheels and some taller profile Chinese tyres. It's one of my favourite runners.

20180314_22193620180314_221951

Chassis has been messed around with - it used some Chinese dual-rate crawler shocks which are about 90mm long - it runs incredibly stable - it will grip-roll if you're careless but it will also corner on 3 wheels :lol:

It's not rapid - has a CR-tuned 35T Tamiya motor and steel pinion installed. Rear diff locked, front open. It's used for off-road rather than full-on crawling; grass and mud present no challenge but give it anything to climb over and it will just get stuck.

And yes; the rear dampers are mounted to the body posts! They're surprisingly rigid with the bracing.

So my other MF01 is a little different..

20180314_22154220180314_221603

It's a drift car - but not as we know it!

20180314_22162420180314_221649

TRF Dampers, carbon bits and alloy bits, the rear knuckles are 3d printed and correct the suspension geometry (whilst preventing binding) a bug-bear of mine is that in stock form the rear right suspension binds before full compression on the propshaft cover. The rear damper on this side is also spaced to prevent contact. Bit of an annoying feature, that. 

As you can see from the state of the tyres it's never even been tested. Rear diff is locked, front is a one-way type. Can't even decide on wheels and tyres!

I think it needs a shake down the first good weather we get...

 

I like what you have done for the Jimney. Will try to copy your shock mounts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MF-01%20shock%20towers_zpszikymcdx.jpg

Will get my trusty custom CF guy Paul Sims from Australia to cut me some CF shock towers

 

MF-01%20body%20support_zps306mnabv.jpg

I do not want to make new holes in the Toyota body so decided to make this to get the holes right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While waiting for the quotation, made a temporary adapter to mount the Toyota body

F416737D-3475-4DE5-83C7-0F04D292B7DA_zps

43E921BE-2F2A-45FA-8DB6-C7E5195092D7_zps

57EAC1CE-83B6-4A7C-88FD-3C1EC67C0D1C_zps

5505DDFF-A153-4C14-9881-B592726DC175_zps

0006745C-9CC3-4E82-8AC7-604C28416E16_zps

86C7A99F-96DF-425A-9519-EB69B5532B85_zps

892F5F9A-ED30-4488-93FF-7604BBB5F291_zps

98427658-D82E-4345-B89E-520CA2B36BA1_zps

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...