jah1610

Transmitter that will bind to a number of RX's

Hi, can anyone recommend a good 2.4ghz stick transmitter (reasonable priced) that I can bind up to 5no RX's to. 

Thanks

Flysky GT2e or a GT3B/C

Darn small display, stick well Flysky has those aswell.

• Like 1

If its stick you want then I would go for the Futaba 4GRS.  There are cheaper alternatives from brands like Slysky but I would spend the money on a decent transmitter, especially since it can run up to 40 models so you shouldn't need another one (just don't check the what are your fleets thread...)

@Peter_B has recently bought one so will be able to give first hand experience of it

The 4GRS is a nice bit of kit. But it's not cheap but then you do get Futaba quality.

Also receivers aren't the cheapest.

There are 3rd party ones available from Hobbyking but I recently ordered 6 of them and none of them worked. Other people have had success though so I think I was really unlucky.

6 hours ago, jah1610 said:

Hi, can anyone recommend a good 2.4ghz stick transmitter (reasonable priced) that I can bind up to 5no RX's to. 

Thanks

I’m using a Flysky fs-i6. £30-40 to buy with 1 Rx. But you can get additional Rx’s cheap. Just had 4 Rx’s arrive from China for £16 all in. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Losi XXT-CR said:

I’m using a Flysky fs-i6. £30-40 to buy with 1 Rx. But you can get additional Rx’s cheap. Just had 4 Rx’s arrive from China for £16 all in. 

Do the throttle sticks have a way to be limited to up and down movement for cars? Or is it something you get used to? My younger son likes stick Tx's, so I have a couple vintage Futaba's. A 2.4ghz would be a pretty nice option, no antenna to bend :)

13 hours ago, Peter_B said:

The 4GRS is a nice bit of kit. But it's not cheap but then you do get Futaba quality.

Also receivers aren't the cheapest.

There are 3rd party ones available from Hobbyking but I recently ordered 6 of them and none of them worked. Other people have had success though so I think I was really unlucky.

Futaba had to change some of their protocolls to accomplish the new EU-regulations from 2015. Because some chinese rx's were cheap copies of the former protocolls, they will not work anymore with Futaba Tx's produced from 2015 onwards. This might be an explanation for this.

20 minutes ago, scoobybooster said:

Futaba had to change some of their protocolls to accomplish the new EU-regulations from 2015. Because some chinese rx's were cheap copies of the former protocolls, they will not work anymore with Futaba Tx's produced from 2015 onwards. This might be an explanation for this.

I think you might be thinking of Spektrum. They had to disable support for their DSM and DSM2 protocols in the EU after Jan 2015.

The receivers I got were just faulty and I've been refunded for them.

4 hours ago, Biz73 said:

Do the throttle sticks have a way to be limited to up and down movement for cars? Or is it something you get used to? My younger son likes stick Tx's, so I have a couple vintage Futaba's. A 2.4ghz would be a pretty nice option, no antenna to bend :)

I’m not 100% sure I’m understanding your question. But I’ll have a go at answering and hope it covers it for you. 

It’s a 6 channel Tx. Both sticks move up and down and left and right. 

The left stick is normally the throttle on a plane and doesn’t have a spring return. Ie it stays in the up/down position you leave it in. 

For crawler type vehicles this might actually work better than spring return setups. And once you’ve used it a few times, actually works perfectly fine for normal RC use. 

However you can buy a spring return kit for the Tx left stick. £4-15 depending on if you buy from China or the U.K.  So it solves this if you don’t like it.  

The fact both sticks move up/down and left/right really isn’t an issue and you won’t notice it while using it. It does also allow alternative setups too. Such as you could have throttle and steering on one stick for one handed control. Or use the other channels for turning lights on/off etc. 

The Tx is fully programmable. So you can limit the max throttle. It has dual rate and Expo. So easy to have it setup very mild and low top speed and then have a more aggressive profile also. 

It supports 15 models and runs on 4AA. 

The sticks are length adjustable and have pretty good feel. The entire build quality feels good too. Although maybe the case is a little plasticky looking. 

Menus are pretty clear and easy to use. Although a couple of quirks. 

• Like 1

The spring return and the left and right on the throttle stick was my concern. Sounds like it wouldn't be an issue after a couple times out driving. Thanks for the info.