clodlover2017

Does a Blackfoot need a chassis brace?

I put a chassis brace on my Clodbuster because I heard they could break. Does the Blackfoot need a chassis brace or something else upgraded that breaks easy? What about new shocks?

A MIP Ball diff would be at the top of my Blackfoot upgrade list..

If its an original Blackfoot, then the dogbone style uni joints from the re-re Monster Beetle would be next.. (I think that they are required with the MIP Ball diff..)

Oil shocks would also be worth considering..

There are various upgrades / braces for the original ORV Blackfoot chassis , the main ones were CRP kits but there are other aftermarket parts out there for beefing up the rear / damper supports etc . A quick search should throw up a few things

Does everybody have the diff problem with their Blackfoot?  

About 15 years ago, I ran the vintage Blackfoot through the whole summer on a very rough surface of a pavement that was severely broken up.  I have a black motor mounted, and didn't have any diff problem.  I also have re-re but didn't get to run yet.  

To be completely honest, I've never had an issue with this diff design in a Blackfoot series truck or Hot Shot series buggy (and I've run some decent power through Hot Shot buggies). Not that I doubt others have because it must obviously be a problem. On the other hand, every FAV/Wild One I own (4), from original to rerelease, does have this problem. Back in the 80's, if memory serves, I remember more issues with the hex half shafts rounding over on Blackfoots (Blackfeet?). Although, again, they've never given me an issue either. I guess some of the Irish in me brings me luck. ;)

• Haha 1