kwkenuf

Touring Car chassis I.D. help

Anybody know who made this chassis?  Seller doesn’t know and I haven’t been able to identify it either.  I wouldn’t mind trying to pick it up on the cheap.

40927408-286F-4F29-8C18-93058F40C9DB.png

That's one of those generic China tourers that flooded everywhere about 8-10y ago, might've gotten relabelled by various housebrand/offbrand along the way.

Afaik it's not a copy of anything specific from well known hobby RC brands, it's built chunky and probably sourced it's drivetrain from a nitro... the diffs often are heavyduty metal & coarse gear teeth.

They sold new for not much back when... :mellow: 

As @WillyChangsaid, its a generic chassis used by many lesser known brands. The most well known to my knowledge are 'HSP Flying Fish' 'Exceed Driftstar' or 'Redcat Lightning', which may help you get some background info, value it, or find spares.

14 hours ago, AndyForbes said:

As @WillyChangsaid, its a generic chassis used by many lesser known brands. The most well known to my knowledge are 'HSP Flying Fish' 'Exceed Driftstar' or 'Redcat Lightning', which may help you get some background info, value it, or find spares.

Man, you really nailed it!  This one I posted is a Redcat Lightning,  judging by the color of the anodizing and the “sticky” non-drift tires.  Might see what kind of “lipo system” he put in it and proceed from there.  I have wanted a on-road car for a while, but I lived on a gravel road forever.  That has changed now, so if I can get it cheap enough I might just do it.  Even if it is a generic chassis.

meh, don't pay more than the brushless is worth to you... that's about how much that heap is worth :lol:

a few of those got donated my way for a drift demo fleet... well, good points are they're pretty tough, ball raced too. Bad points are... unrefined noisy drivetrain, shocks are just optical illusions & the plastics - I dunno, they just wouldn't grab the screws <_< every run each car would come back missing 1/3 it's screws :blink: got to the point I was supergluing in every screw I replaced :wacko:

top deck came in blue & purple too I think ^_^

Edited by WillyChang

Yeah, I am passing on it.  He went from being all excited I was interested in it,  to disappearing once I asked what kind of servo it had and the specs on the bl system.  I know it’s a dirt cheap system, I just wanted to hear it from him.  I have other things to mess with anyway.