TurnipJF

Wanted: F103

After having his HPI F10 soundly beaten by both myself and my mate with our F103s, another of my workmates is considering switching to a F103. However rollers seem rather few and far between on EBay at the moment. Anyone got one looking for a new home? Doesn't matter if it needs a bit of work. It will be raced regularly, so no point getting a shelf queen.

Thanks!

• Like 2

Obviously I can't help as even if I had an F103 the shipping would cost more than the car, but that is pretty cool that a 20yr old Tamiya is still that good that your mate wants one. Would he be better with an F104 with the 103 front or does he want to keep it all even?

Or are you just a really good driver?

Next time I'm up your way I will remember to forget my TRF102 so I can't be shown up!

I'm selling mine, but a guy at the club has said he wants to have a look at it and maybe have it, I'll give you a shout if he doesn't want it.

Will need rx, esc, and tyres, think they are original.

Bought it for a 540 speed run, but would need a mirror flat area to run it, which ive not got, i have run it around a track, but i like 3D racing.

@Wooders28: if your clubmate doesn't want it, please let us know.

@Jonathon Gillham: I wouldn't call myself a good driver by any means. I am not terrible, but I still make plenty of mistakes. However the F103 ignores most of them.

Whereas a modern high end carbon chassis F1 goes exactly where you tell it to, even if you tell it to do something silly, the floppy fibreglass F103 seems to say "You didn't really mean that did you?" and carries on along a nice smooth line even if the steering inputs are a bit jittery. 

For those with the skill to use them, modern high end carbon F1s are amazing. For the rest of us, F103s do very nicely! :)

As for the F104W, it is both more expensive and less robust than the F103, with minimal handling advantages in the hands of a non-expert, so he'd rather have an F103 like the rest of us.

(Unless of course there is a F104V2 Pro available at a good price. That is like the DB-01 of the F1 world, basically a TRF101 with less alloy and more plastic.)

• Like 2