Sign in to follow this  
Superluminal

Optima Re-Re tyres

Can anyone recommend any alternative buggy tyres to the stock re-re spikes that will fit the kit wheels. I believe they are 43mm dia / 1.7" but cant find any online in this size apart from truck tyres. There used to be a J Concepts Double Dees buggy tyre in 1.7" diameter but this appears to be discontinued sadly as it would have been perfect.

Thanks,

Lee

BITD most people used Schumacher CAT tyres on the Optima & MId with 3rd seller wheels - these tyres are still available from Modelsport as block or spike.

Not sure if they are a straight fit onto the re-re wheels though

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I did look at these but they only seem to be available in 2" and 2.2" wheel diameter - not the 1.7" dia original wheel size.

Yes sorry, the old tyres were 2", I didn't realise how small the Optima wheels were

Yep! Seems they are a size pretty unique to the Optima and Javelin - bit frustrating as I got some nice machined aluminium wheels for it and seem to be only able to use the standard super soft spiked tyres.

I have emailed J Concepts to see if they have plans to sell the Double Dees again as I imagine there must be some demand now the Optima and Javelin have both been rereleased for a year or so.

I can confirm that the rear tires from the RC10 re-release buggy fit the re-release Optima and Javelin wheels. The rear Scorpion 2014 re-re tires also fit the Optima wheels.

Both options look great (sorry, didn't take pictures).

• Like 1

I have ordered some of the scorpion tyres off of ebay - They look very cool with the white logos