Krankster82

Your favourite RC machine???

1 hour ago, magnumb said:

I think this hobby tends to attract this type of person....that type being someone who is an introverted thinker and stuck in their heads most of the time.

I'm an introvert and more specifically an introvert of the INTP variety. I do enjoy other people, just not for extended periods of time:)

Enjoy building more than bashing, but do enjoy racing as the tuning aspect for me is appealing.  

I come out to be a clear INTP myself.  My wife is super-outgoing extrovert, EFSJ... It hasn't been easy, I tell you.  

11 hours ago, sumo1977 said:

thats half of a 959 in the middle, its going through a rebuild at the moment. :D

DSCF0711.JPG

Very nice collection buddy! 👍🏼

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Krankster82 said:

Hey guys, I’m sure this must have been done before, but what is your favourite RC machine that you own? Could be a monster truck, buggy, road car, tank, plane and indeed, whatever floats your ‘boat’? : ) Pics would be good to see too! 

My favourite, due to childhood nostalgia and just the overall coolness of the thing is my Monster Beetle - just a 2015 re-re but the closest I could get to the original I had as a kid! 

A72B0A8E-64AC-433A-BA7C-4C7928826FE6.thumb.jpeg.bc59d24cd6573e59b36d7ae6756692f5.jpeg

02D7A14B-BA1B-4853-9BFD-FFFD33AB5346.jpeg

Good choice and very nicely painted may I say;)!,  And who care if it's a re-re or not just enjoy it!

• Thanks 1

These two have to be my all time and always have been favourite:wub: I know a tad bit expensive but as long as the wife don't find out the real cost it should be fine:unsure:?

20180211_155350.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Although this one has changed a bit since the last photo of it! I managed to get a ball diff set and yeah racing bits and tamiya racing steering set! Its much better :D still a bit of a heavy beast though! ( compared to the egress anyway)

20180310_082506.jpg

• Like 2

Great cars guys!  I'm an introvert too!  There could be a interesting sociological study on RC and introverts and the relationship between the two!

• Like 2

Great cars and an interesting variety of choices. I struggled to pick a favourite, so I hope you'll forgive me for a small selection! The HEMTT, M113 and Wild Saurus are my favourite creations, the Wheeler and M38s just always make me smile.

The talk of personality types is interesting too. Another introvert here, with some strong Asperger's Syndrome traits in the mix as well. Give me a nice quiet workspace over a noisy party any time!

DSCF1988.JPG

P8110050.jpg

DSCF7266.JPG

DSCF5483.JPG

DSCF4036.JPG

• Like 4

5 hours ago, IBIFTKH said:

The talk of personality types is interesting too. Another introvert here, with some strong Asperger's Syndrome traits in the mix as well. Give me a nice quiet workspace over a noisy party any time!

And...another introvert here as well. Its funny you mention Asperger's. About a year ago I found I was autistic (high functioning). Years ago, It likely would have been more Asperger's before it got folded into the autism spectrum with DSM 5. Our daughter was diagnosed with it which led to looking at the family and my discovery. I'm glad she's getting the help she needs and doesn't have to navigate this sometimes perplexing world the way I did.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 78Triumph said:

Great cars guys!  I'm an introvert too!  There could be a interesting sociological study on RC and introverts and the relationship between the two!

Tell me about!  I'm glad to see its not just me.

I believe I most closely fit the INFP-T personality for what it's worth.

I'm a mixture of strange contradictions though. I'm introverted, socially anxious, a pantomath, often become incredibly distressed and anxious at the prospect of major change and tend to treat significant decisons and life choices with relentless logic and cynicism.

But on the other hand, I'm chaotically disorganised, emotional, laid back and easy going most of the time and a chronic daydreamer.

People often say there are things about me that seem like autistic traits but that it's contradicted but what they consider to be strong emotional intelligence and imagination. *shrug*

All I know is like my own company a lot of the time and when I'm around other people I much prefer a domestic setting to going "out"

My blood turns cold at the prospect of going somehere where you have to shout over music to have a conversation or *shudder* adult fancy dress parties. Most social events I get coerced into attending result in me sitting at a table in a remote corner, desperately checking the time every 5 minutes like a trapped animal and thanking god for smartphones. 

Unfortunately, people think by thrusting you into those situations continually it will somehow cure your personality as if it's some kind of unpleasant condition.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, moffman said:

Good choice and very nicely painted may I say;)!,  And who care if it's a re-re or not just enjoy it!

Thanks buddy, I don’t care that it’s a re-re either! Doesn’t matter to me! 😄

Cheers about the paint job, there’s some challenging detail bits but I was happy with the result given it’s the first kit I’ve ever built/painted myself! 

Hoping to build a bit of a collection over the coming years! 

Love your Egress and Avante too, serious bits of kit those! 😄👍🏼

43 minutes ago, Krankster82 said:

Thanks buddy, I don’t care that it’s a re-re either! Doesn’t matter to me! 😄

Cheers about the paint job, there’s some challenging detail bits but I was happy with the result given it’s the first kit I’ve ever built/painted myself! 

Hoping to build a bit of a collection over the coming years! 

Love your Egress and Avante too, serious bits of kit those! 😄👍🏼

Cheers mate i can just stare at them both all day long!, My monster beetle is still waiting to be put back together:rolleyes: it had to be put away because of house renovations and I was slowly cannibalicing it (servo, esc disappearing of it) so to stop me taking more stuff off it I took it apart and put it in its box and in the attic it went but I will bring it back probs in the summer:D

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, moffman said:

Cheers mate i can just stare at them both all day long!, My monster beetle is still waiting to be put back together:rolleyes: it had to be put away because of house renovations and I was slowly cannibalicing it (servo, esc disappearing of it) so to stop me taking more stuff off it I took it apart and put it in its box and in the attic it went but I will bring it back probs in the summer:D

Good stuff mate! I know what you mean. Sometimes I just feel the need to go and have a look at my Monster Beetle and pick it up! 😂

Good luck putting your MB back together 👍🏼

6 hours ago, Saito2 said:

And...another introvert here as well. Its funny you mention Asperger's. About a year ago I found I was autistic (high functioning). Years ago, It likely would have been more Asperger's before it got folded into the autism spectrum with DSM 5. Our daughter was diagnosed with it which led to looking at the family and my discovery. I'm glad she's getting the help she needs and doesn't have to navigate this sometimes perplexing world the way I did.

If you didn't know all these years, I wonder if it makes any difference.  If some doctor told me, "you'd have been Asperger."  Yes, well, knowing or not knowing, it wouldn't make any difference to me.  I still would not get social cues until my wife mentions it later.  Stephen Hawking could understand the world certain ways.  Seeing it different from him won't make a difference either.  A growing child is a different story though.  As I was looking up things about fasting in my scatterbrained way, I came across some research about gut-biome and autism.  Some severe case reverting back noticeably by controlling certain strands only.  I would have said that's crazy only a few years ago.  Hopefully, all these new researchers would be useful to a lot of kids soon.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hczbp0-v4kI

https://www.autismspeaks.org/science/science-news/autism-and-microbiome-case-study-delivers-surprises-and-guidance

• Thanks 1

This one for me, it's only taken 30 years to get one but I've never been one to rush into thing's....

IMG_1794.JPG

• Like 6

This will be predictable for anyone who has seen a post from me before, but it has to be my Boomerang. Nothing special, just a boxart Boomerang. I have far more capable cars but they just don't have the same cool looks. A close second is the Novafox, they look great together on my shelf.

• Like 2

I have a very slightly complex relationship with this! My Thunder Dragon is my favourite, no doubt. However i love the shell of the Grasshopper2 as well, but just the shell. The buggy underneath is rubbish! Hence grafting the shell onto a DT03 chassis, building Ultra G, I even had a GH2 shell on my Thunder Dragon chassis for a while back in the day. 

If cost were no object i would love a Super Astute with some fixed up modified parts.

• Like 1

My favourite is my Avante 2001.

Trouble is, when I was younger I didn't appreciate it as I now know I should have.

So while I potentially have an Avante 2001, what I actually have is an Avante 2001 chassis with gearboxes mounted and suspension arms hanging off it. The missing parts are possibly somewhere in my parents loft or possibly lost to time.

9 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

This one for me, it's only taken 30 years to get one but I've never been one to rush into thing's....

IMG_1794.JPG

This looks quality! Nice paint job and rims! 👍🏼

• Thanks 1