ANIME-AND-BUSES

I want to build an Orion V CNG Bus.

Hi! I'd like to build a North american bus called the "Orion V" transit bus. I'd like to use Tamiya parts like a chassis and so on, but I don't know how to get started with it.

The bus model's real life length is 40' long and 102" wide, so I'd like to know what tamiya chassis would be perfect for the 1/14 scale model I'd like.

Another thing I want to know is if there is a tamiya 1/14 scale chassis that would allow a motor and gearbox to be mounted in the rear of the chassis.

I think using the stock tamiya motor and a CVT gearbox might be good for the project, but I'm not sure about it yet.

I already know what to get to make it an R/C model concerning parts like the motor, ESC, and etc.

So if anyone has some tips or info that would make this project a reality, I'd really appreciate it.

If anything, the only thing that makes this hard is money, so I'm gonna have to really start saving up to build this project.

Thanks and have a good day.

Sincerely,

,ANIME-AND-BUSES.

Note: Here is an image of the bus in its building stage.

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

1/14 scale width on that body is 185mm wide, so you are probably looking for an M chassis as a basis. I don't have any experience myself but from a couple if build threads i have seen yoy could make a custom chassis spacer to get the long wheelbase. M06 and M04 have rear motor i believe.

47 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

1/14 scale width on that body is 185mm wide, so you are probably looking for an M chassis as a basis. I don't have any experience myself but from a couple if build threads i have seen yoy could make a custom chassis spacer to get the long wheelbase. M06 and M04 have rear motor i believe.

38 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Well, the type I'm looking for is the 1/14 scale Ladder Chassis seen in models like the Tamiya 1/14 Mercedes Benz Arocs.

And just I looked up the chassis lengths for the 1/14 trucks and I've seen that there are 1000mm chassis frames out there,

but it's too long for my project. I took a measurement of the underside for the chassis space and found out that it is 2' 10 5/8".

So, I'm trying to find one that is close to that length.

Though that one project you sent in the link looks really cool!