rallymad1

CR151 tx compatible receiver

Does any one know what current receivers are compatible with the Code rc CR151 transmitter as I understand the Code receiver and equivalent HobbyKing receivers are discontinued.

Tried the search and emailed a few places but no definitive answer yet.

Cheers for any help 

I had the same issue. Use the same Core Code FHSS radio and needed extra receivers. I've ordered an Etronix ET1151 which looks identical to the Micro Core Code Cr598 and supposedly works with the Code Tx. Only issue is the Code was about £15 but the Etronix is £25 :( I'll post up again when it arrives to let you know if it bound OK. 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/etronix-pulse-fhss-micro-3ch-2-4ghz-receiver-et1105-1110-5-receivers/rc-car-products/412936

Grotty 

• Like 1

Great news for all those looking for a replacement receiver for the now discontinued Cr151, the Etronix one binds perfectly and is definitely  identical to the Code Cr598. Bit spendy at £25.99 but cheaper than a new radio when you are upto model number 11....^_^ 

DSC_0001.JPG

• Thanks 1

Supply is low on compatible rx’s Sadly. And prices high. 

Hopefully someone will start making them again. 

That said I found supply/cost an issue I bought a new Flysky Tx for £30. Bought four receivers for it for £16 all in. 

What Flysky Tx did you buy Losing XXT-CR? Does it have all the features of the Code or is it more basic? I've only four slots left now so it would be cheaper to get that radio and use it for the simpler Hornet, Lunchbox and DT-03 and keep the code for the more complex ones. End point adjustment is a must as is channel reverse. Thanks. 

FS-i6

It’s a 6 channel Tx designed for planes/heli’s, but works well for cars too.

You can get a left stick spring return kit for a few quid off ebay as it holds position as per other aero tx’s. Although I’ve not actually found it an issue, got the kit, but haven’t fitted it yet.

15 model memory and fully programmable.

89D08118-F1E3-4BF3-962E-5A39E58ABD24.jpg

15 hours ago, Losi XXT-CR said:

FS-i6

You can get a left stick spring return kit for a few quid off ebay as it holds position as per other aero tx’s. Although I’ve not actually found it an issue, got the kit, but haven’t fitted it yet.

I have bought one of these on your recommendation and I am in the process of fitting it to my CR-01 which has FWS (although I am using a Bastens QuadSteer module with it as well - so both steering servo's go into the little module and it's then Plugged into the receiver, the steering channel in one port and a another channel with a switch to control the different steering modes - works very well). Now I need to figure out another spare channel to use to remotely switch on lights! 

• Like 1

On ‎28‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:21 PM, Losi XXT-CR said:

FS-i6

Losi,

Did you get the programming cable with yours? Mine did not come with one - but I am also trying to see if I can set channels 3&4 can be assigned to the switches like channels 5&6 can which would be handy - the manual mentions in section 7.13 Aux Switches - and I am wondering if anything can be done here when connect to a PC with s/w etc. to configure channels to switches etc.

cheers

G.

No didn’t get a cable. Afraid I’ve not looked at programming beyond the default menus. However I’ve found some good vids on YouTube covering most features and how to use them. Might be worth a look. 

Thanks for you reply.

I have had a look - and it looks like you can upgrade to 10 Channels with an easy firmware upgrade - which also means you can then assign each of the switches to channels -BUT here is the kicker - I don't need any more channels - what I would like to do is to have channels 3,4,5 & 6 on switches and I don't think the firmware will do that by default - I think it will be 5,6,7,8,9 & 10 on switches (as Aux channels - which would mean the requirement of a 10 channel receiver... I guess it might be possible to re-wire it internally...... I have found various long running threads about the various firmware's etc. but they all seem to be geared towards quad copters etc. - understandably.

I'm close to purchasing a 3speed, but currently testing a CR-01 with the radio and would like:

Channel 1 - Stick - Steering

Channel 2 - Stick - Throttle 

Channel 3 - 3 Position Switch - Gear shift - I could use a Stick with Throttle and a gate I guess

Channel 4 - 2 position switch - Remote diff locks (from the Diff Doktor)

Channel 5 - 2 position switch - Lights

Channel 6 - 2 position switch - 4 wheel steering mode select

• Like 1

On 4/10/2018 at 8:28 AM, gizard said:

Thanks for you reply.

I have had a look - and it looks like you can upgrade to 10 Channels with an easy firmware upgrade - which also means you can then assign each of the switches to channels -BUT here is the kicker - I don't need any more channels - what I would like to do is to have channels 3,4,5 & 6 on switches and I don't think the firmware will do that by default - I think it will be 5,6,7,8,9 & 10 on switches (as Aux channels - which would mean the requirement of a 10 channel receiver... I guess it might be possible to re-wire it internally...... I have found various long running threads about the various firmware's etc. but they all seem to be geared towards quad copters etc. - understandably.

I'm close to purchasing a 3speed, but currently testing a CR-01 with the radio and would like:

Channel 1 - Stick - Steering

Channel 2 - Stick - Throttle 

Channel 3 - 3 Position Switch - Gear shift - I could use a Stick with Throttle and a gate I guess

Channel 4 - 2 position switch - Remote diff locks (from the Diff Doktor)

Channel 5 - 2 position switch - Lights

Channel 6 - 2 position switch - 4 wheel steering mode select

@Losi XXT-CR, @gizard

How are you getting on with this now? I'm thinking about buying the HobbyKing Turnigy clone to go in a 1/14 truck and was wondering if it possible to run the gearbox off the 3 position switch ?

This is the RX that comes with the TX:

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-ia6b-v2-receiver-6ch-2-4g-afhds-2a-telemetry-receiver-w-sbus.html

I wondering if the system is specifically geared up for helicopter use, I've fallen foul of trying to use cheap heli systems in 3 speeds before and the throttle does not have an equal response for fwd and reverse, and I seem to remember one channel was linked into the other. Can this be made to operate as a 'dumb' old school system, I want to use channel 1 for throttle , 2 for steering, and one other for gearchange (Either 3 pos switch or horizontal movement on left stick). Also, what did you look for on Ebay for the throttle spring return kit. I tried looking for one as couldn't find anyone selling any apart from a couple of futaba conversions.

Thanks,

Hi,

I am yet to build the 3-speed! But have the Transmitter in use with my CR-01 which has 4WS and switchable lights - so a 2way switch toggles through the steering modes, and a 2way switch turns lights on and off.

I have just assigned the 3way switch with a spare channel and on the test display toggling the switch cycles the display from 100% to 0% to -100% - so in theory it should work with the 3speed gearbox - however I do have a 'gate' on the left throttle stick so I could use this for the gearshift instead. My transmitter is the FlySky Fs-i6 as above which came with a 6channel RX but I have also bought an 8 channel RX and programming cable from these RCTank electronics who also provided a programming cable along with a link to download upgraded firmware to turn the FS-i6 into a 10 Channel TX - so very helpful lot I thought - oh and they also sell the stick spring return kit.

19 hours ago, gizard said:

Hi,

I am yet to build the 3-speed! But have the Transmitter in use with my CR-01 which has 4WS and switchable lights - so a 2way switch toggles through the steering modes, and a 2way switch turns lights on and off.

I have just assigned the 3way switch with a spare channel and on the test display toggling the switch cycles the display from 100% to 0% to -100% - so in theory it should work with the 3speed gearbox - however I do have a 'gate' on the left throttle stick so I could use this for the gearshift instead. My transmitter is the FlySky Fs-i6 as above which came with a 6channel RX but I have also bought an 8 channel RX and programming cable from these RCTank electronics who also provided a programming cable along with a link to download upgraded firmware to turn the FS-i6 into a 10 Channel TX - so very helpful lot I thought - oh and they also sell the stick spring return kit.

Thanks for getting back to me on that, I think I will go ahead and order one :)

I have a Core RC Code Tx CR151 and have the same issue as others, now that Etronix have the rights to this particular piece of technology.  

Etronix have two identical looking Rx available; the ET1152 and ET1153.  It appears that the ET1151 is no longer available.  Does anyone know if either of these Rx are compatible with the Core Code Tx?  I still have five available slots and I would like to fill them before compatible Rx become unavailable forever.

Many thanks.

Those linked recievers are for their steerwheel transmitters which I think are incompatable with the CR151 stick radio. My LHS explained that the factory and supplier of the family of radio systems that included the Core Code, Tamco and Etronix was shut down and not manufactured at all anymore, hence why they're so hard to get hold of now. 

The type of transmitter doesn't matter.  The old Etronix Pulse EX3GPro was available as both stick and wheel type transmitters and used the same Rx as Tamco and Core RC. They were all the same on the inside, regardless of outward appearance.  It was a good time, if you were out for a cheap, but reliable and versatile radio system.

What I need to know is if anyone truly knows if Etronix have replaced the ET1151 with either the ET1152 or ET1153 and of their compatibility with other radios.  I'm hoping someone knows and can help, before curiosity gets the better of me and I take a chance on buying one.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Fruitfly01 said:

The type of transmitter doesn't matter.  The old Etronix Pulse EX3GPro was available as both stick and wheel type transmitters and used the same Rx as Tamco and Core RC.

I never knew this, makes sense when you think about it! If you take the plunge pop up your findings here. Would be good to know either way. Fingers crossed. 

I went through a fair amount of investigation recently and yes the consensus seems to be that the factory / company that produced all 3 makes is no more, however it is possible the design patent could be bought and therefore reproduced, but the consensus is says that they were very good value so I would expect that if they do come out again they will be more expensive. I have 4 stick transmitters and probably about 20 receivers.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Fruitfly01 said:

The old Etronix Pulse EX3GPro was available as both stick and wheel type transmitters and used the same Rx as Tamco and Core RC. They were all the same on the inside, regardless of outward appearance. 

I've an Etronix, a Tamco and a Core rc , and although everything looks exactly the same, the receivers won't bind with the different brand's.

I've the hobbyking hkr3000 recievers too, and can only seem to get those to bind to one (can't remember which!, think it's the Core 🤔), and been since been told that the software is different.

Hmm I have Tamco and Core RC Transmitters - certainly Tamco & Core RC receivers which work either way - and I think I might have an Etronix one as well which I think works.... I will have a look when I remember next time... But I think there might have been some earlier non FHSS ones????

• Like 1

There were some earlier models which, as mentioned already by Gizard, did not operate on FHSS.  It might have been DSSS.  These earlier models had grey receivers out of the box, whereas the updated FHSS models had blue ones.  

Then the micro receivers appeared, and these were grey, but operated on the FHSS signal.