This was a car that growing up I was never really bothered about but when news came it the re release I had to have this for my collection which includes vintage Egress, Avante 2001, Top Force Evo, Dynastorn, YZ10-94 and a MR4-BX Worlds. 

Being used to Tamiya level of quality I was somewhat disappointed with the finish of some parts, soldering of the roll bar, and how the steering is very stiff no smooth or ballraced. But understanding this is a 80s design. 

17A17AA5-2E0C-4A7C-8D9A-2A28D913E8DE.jpeg

• Like 1

Fast forward going through pain first off the driveshafts getting the UJ yokes to fit the stiff plastic resulted in blisters however for the fronts I got a tip that to soak them in hot water. Made life much easier.

71CCBE00-77AE-4778-89A0-2A7FCD23B535.jpeg

• Like 1

Has been 20 years+ since I last painted an RC bodyshell. Reasonably happy with the finish and happy with the car :)

971BE915-BFCB-406F-B773-B6D0EA20A149.jpeg

• Like 3

Thanks guys. I will run this car on grass I used tho believe in shelf queens but life is too short and got to have some fun with them :)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Avante2001R said:

Thanks guys. I will run this car on grass I used tho believe in shelf queens but life is too short and got to have some fun with them :)

Amen to that. My only shelfer is my Mazda 787b. 👍  A wee running vid would be awesome when you run it if possible.

James.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, InsaneJim69 said:

Amen to that. My only shelfer is my Mazda 787b. 👍  A wee running vid would be awesome when you run it if possible.

James.

Yeah definitely seems like a quick car out of the box. I’m still old skool on the electrics so will try an LRP 14x2 with 5000mah Nimh battery pack and 27am radio lol

Nice looking rig. Congrats on the build looks like you had fun. The nostalgia makes us teenagers again for a few fleeting moments. 

Great job on the build especially on the body. 

I found mine a real challenge after being spoilt on the ease of Tamiya kits but really rewarding as it progressed. You're right about cutting all the lexan though especially the belt cover! I run mine with a 20t pinion on a 17.5 sensored brushless with a TBLE-02S. It whips along on only a 7.2v nimh on grass and handles brilliantly. I understand now why these were so successful racing when released.  

I had an original cat in 1987, I remember the knock back system on the front suspension. Now I'm getting back into RC again. I bought a dark impact & now looking at the cat XLS.