Ray68

DT03 Servo Saver questions

Hi All,

Has anyone managed to use the GPM aluminium servo saver with the  remaining standard tamiya saver parts? 

Whilst the parts fit together the 'spring' is stretched slightly more by the GPM part making the whole assembly have a few degrees movement side to side.

I originally thought i could use the GPM part with an old white Tamiya heavy duty saver but it seems the design is not compatible. 

I also I have a Kimbrough 114 would this be a better option?

Many Thanks

8 hours ago, Ray68 said:

Hi All,

Has anyone managed to use the GPM aluminium servo saver with the  remaining standard tamiya saver parts? 

Whilst the parts fit together the 'spring' is stretched slightly more by the GPM part making the whole assembly have a few degrees movement side to side.

I originally thought i could use the GPM part with an old white Tamiya heavy duty saver but it seems the design is not compatible. 

I also I have a Kimbrough 114 would this be a better option?

Many Thanks

Kimborough will be better than what you currently have. I don't know the GPM but i made a similar mistake getting a 3Racing Tamiya servo horn and it is only compatible with the 51000 hi torque servo saver kit.

Thanks for the replies.

I will try the Kimbrough one tonight and see how that one fits.

Does anyone know difference between the black and white high torque saver kits if there is any difference?

If you mean the Tamiya Hi Torque ones,  the white one I have feels like it is slightly softer plastic than the black one. The black one has the same three springs and lay out but also small bungs you can pop in the eyelets to decrease the diameter. My white one is twenty years older though but still functions perfectly! 

The kimbrough black one im pretty sure is meant for 1/8 gas but i have one on my monster beetle. I actually broke a white one on my beetle before i centered the steering so i went to the black hoping it was stronger