Sign in to follow this  
lentner3

Am I a glutton for punishment?

Yes. I read somewhere (might have been on here) that these seller will sell your details on. Yes you're covered by PayPal but not worth giving these people satisfaction.

What details? What is interesting is it is in Germany and quick shipping so possible to open a case quickly if all goes tits up.

I made a £4 offer I guess they will accept. I’ll turn it down or cancel the offer if possible.

Thought the ad looked familar, bought a bunch off timetunnelmodels. I was happy at 15quid each with free postage to New Zealand

28 minutes ago, lentner3 said:

I made a £4 offer I guess they will accept. I’ll turn it down or cancel the offer if possible.

You can cancel your offer and just type in 'entered wrong amount' and report the ad if you're sure it's fake

On ‎01‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 9:48 AM, lentner3 said:

What details? What is interesting is it is in Germany and quick shipping so possible to open a case quickly if all goes tits up.

Just think about the information you give out during an Ebay transaction, namely your paypal ID (usually your email address), Ebay ID, and delivery (usually home) address, plus any other contact information held by EBay like a mobile number.

Sell that lot on or put it in the hands of someone unscrupulous and with the home address it's easy to find your name, date of birth, etc, from the electoral role, then it's easy to find you social media sites, and if you haven't been careful with what you've put on them someone's got a whole load of info on there they can start trawling through to use to start guessing passwords for your email address and paypal account. 

Just worth thinking about that the if advert looks like a con they might be after more than just £5 for a non existent product. After all, if an Ad is there for information harvesting, and I'm guessing wildly here, then the seller reels in the info, doesn't send anything out, paypal chase them for the refunds, which they happily pay with the original payments, EBay ban them for -ve feedback, they walk away in a puff of smoke with no trace and a few hundred home addresses and emails they can sell on for  a profit.

• Like 1