Asymair95

M06 Alfa Romeo cup racer

Front and back magnetic mounts installed. I had to reposition the rear mount to get it to clear the rear window. 

8_CA76_CD7-98_A4-40_E8-_BA39-_F4_E5_D11_

A7_BDA9_A3-0_D05-4_AF9-9307-9_ED312_EB4_

I’m still working on getting the body down lower, I just don’t think I can get there with these style mounts though. Thinking I may soften the suspension to allow some droop. Maybe add another spacer inside the damper to restrict downward movement.

86_B60652-_D79_F-4_DD5-88_F0-665_B6_D2_E

Does anyone know how to remove this ridiculous rear wheel toe in? I know it is great for handling qualities, but I’m more concerned with scale looks. Is there a way to straighten the arms out somehow?

3582_BEE0-_B9_B6-4_A5_E-87_EB-27_AC7_B64

Got the body mounts done tonight.

20901353-_EFF4-43_F7-_BA21-12_A2_EFD335_

Settled on a body height, still need to straighten the rear swing arms though.

74A83862-F6B1-4774-911D-0DCED99C8124.jpg

I will be using shoe goo and drywall mesh to stiffen up this paper thin body. Stay tuned.

• Like 3

Juuust right! I love this build! Nothing new or extreme, but everything is executed with style.

Put plenty of tape and shoe goo on the front and back panels, especially below the lights, as it is very thin and prone to splitting.

Wow great idea, can this drywall mesh be found at homedepot or the hardware store?

Yup, same stuff you get in the drywall dept. I cut small strips, smeared some shoegoo on the body, then bedded the tape in the goo, and finally put another thin layer of goo over the bedded tape.

• Like 1

I saw you've shimmed most of the slop out of the suspension on your car. From my experience and pretty much anyone who's also attempted this at our club the Tamiya M-chassis drives best with the slop still in the suspension. Trying to shim the slop out of it resulted in a very very poor handling car. This was the case on all M's I've tried from the M03 up to the M06 and also my ABC Hobby Gambado. You might want to give it a try without the shims in it ;)

• Haha 1

I shimmed some of the slop out, but there is still some in there. I wanted to make sure there was no binding in case dirt got in. I will be driving this in parking lots and such.

I see you’re from Eindhoven, beautiful town. My friends and I would drive over from Germany to go to the bar district. It was a bit of a drive though, so we didn’t go as much as we would have liked. That was a loooong time ago though :)

Embrace the slop, live the Tamiya life. :lol:

Finished the front end up tonight. Lots of shoe goo and drywall tape.

B2_D3_F4_A9-6351-4_C5_A-_A661-75_DFD8260

I finally found some screen that looked somewhat scale for the lower cooling inlet holes. Regular house window screen just didn’t look right. This screen is spark arrestor screen from a chainsaw exhaust. We could probably buy it for cheap on eBay if anyone else wanted to try this. I secured it with shoe goo.

98_A19_D8_F-0_C71-4375-9_EC0-_F79332568_

Tomorrow will be a few coats of ps55 flat clear.

• Like 1

Thanks speedy. 

Finished up the shell tonight and started on the interior.

5_DBE727_D-8641-4883-_BB70-_F85_F505_A21

Using a standard touring interior.

D7_E656_EA-33_B3-46_E3-9641-196_A037_DCA

A3_EC0_CB4-3_AE3-48_F4-_B9_A5-177_D34_C8

Shot a few coats of flat clear and colored in the panel lines. I really like how it came out, I’m not much for the shiny poly bodies.

AF1_BCE88-4_D1_F-471_F-8274-32_C26_D2905

Had to hack up the rear of the interior to fit over the body mounts and rear shock tower. With some paint it will look much better, stay tuned.

• Like 5

Been slowly working on the interior.

135_F6_DCC-8_E4_A-4_CD7-_A699-213_A02_A5

The helmet is almost done, just have to do the pupils and a wash over everything. Won’t be long now.

F450_EFDB-_AF68-4_F3_D-9311-546_FB429_CC

• Like 1

I know this thread is a year old, just wanted to close it out.

Edited by Asymair95

I am finally done with the Alfa. It had to go on the shelf for the Summer, but I was able to get back in the shop now that the weather has turned.

A49046-B2-85-D4-489-D-98-EF-5-FFEF489823

I finished up the interior, and got it mounted. Was going to do a roll bar, but decided against it. I swapped the rear uprights around to remove the rear toe in. I know it helps with handling, but it was driving me crazy. Won’t be doing any racing with this car.

63-F9-ACB4-DF31-45-DA-9-A9-B-15-A20-CDD4

C47-F3-E3-E-2-C60-42-F3-B0-C8-5-C24-CC61

interior came out real nice. I don’t think I can ever have a car again without one :)

• Like 5

That is a beautiful Alfa! Details really take it over the top. Well done! 

Mine is sitting on the shelf. Couldn't stand how the chassis hangs down underneath...I'll find a more suitable chassis for it eventually.   

Thank you. I also hate the chassis showing underneath. It really detracts from an otherwise beautiful kit. By painting it flat black I have been able to hide it pretty well. If you find a chassis that works, please let me know.