Baddon

Needed -Yellow buggy damper parts -UK

Hello,

A buggy I bought to restore happens not only to have no oil in the shocks BUT no friction parts, so I need the guts that form the seals on the bottom of the main damperbodies as well as the caps for the top.

I need two mini sets and 2 standard sets, as would be on any of the cars tagged. Fire Dragon, Terra Scorcher, Manta Ray. 

I doubt it matters but they are the more modern type with the base that can slid off if you pull up the spring and the screw to adjust the spring length rather than the clip in yellow parts.

I know there are some small yellow rings and O rings in there normally.

If anyone know of a part bag that has all I need in it can you post a link please?

I am in UK.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Update - its worse than I though the caps on top of the damper bodies are missing and the internal sliders are of different hole numbers/sizes.

So i need following:-

CVA mini dampers - 2 nr caps, 2 sets bottom seals and ideally a matching pair of 2 hole sliders

CVA dampers - 2 nr caps, 2 sets bottom seals and ideally a matching pair of 2 hole sliders (I think these are the same for the LONG Dampers just shafts and bodies are longer.

As said above if anyone knows of a parts bag that has the parts I need a link would be great.

Thanks in advance.

i have a set of used fire dragon front shocks (in parts) and maybe a set of rears, i would need to check!

nope jason1145 has my other shocks

so just a set of 2 disassembled front yellow cva fire dragon shocks

Update - 

I have picked up 2 mini front mini CVA off eBay. so just need back ones sorted.

need pistons (shafts), the friction parts in bottom part of damper (2 seals and 2 yellow plastic parts) and the top oil seals, 2 piston adjusters (the part with the holes in em) and 4 E clips to hold on this damper part.

Costing them new I just need a 2nd hand set to come up on Ebay. Patience is not a virtue I have though!!!

I picked up two rears so hope they work and are right length.

I also as a bonus picked up a set of 4 spars with a 2nd hand car I got BUT all 4 come with no oil, no top oil seal and the metal shaft has a top plate in metal rather then the changable yellow disc. Whats that all about then????

Was this a common part and on which models? They are a more recent shock than the Thunder Shot series as the bottoms have the removable bottom spring retainer and its black rather than yellow.

Can you post a pic? Sounds like a cva2 that's missing a top dome seal?

Was talking to Neil at Time Tunnel (my goto for most parts) who informed me the pistons with a near flat plate on them were in most XB cars so likely in my case from the XB Manta Ray. 

They were also to be found in prototype and show cars as no oil in shocks to leak out. Helped keep cost down.

Its a total *******er to fix as you need parts from so many different sources.

Needed are

Top oil seals (rubber cup type)

Bottom oil seals (o rings) and spacers which are a real treat to find....

Shafts (come in sooooo many different lengths)

c clips to retain the damper plate on the shaft

And last the actual plate that goes on the piston shaft (different diameters and normally in the kit you get a selection)

IF you add all those parts up and can source them all new it comes to well over £35 for 4 shocks .....

I have 4 rears and 2 front like this, talk about *******ed off.

I have even considered buying some packs of the newer black shocks and using all the guts then would just need to get the correct length shafts.

fake shock rods.jpeg

Do the parts have to be new ?

I have a few used yellow dampers from vintage buggies.

Not sure what length they are without checking. 

9 hours ago, Tamiyabigstuff said:

Do the parts have to be new ?

I have a few used yellow dampers from vintage buggies.

Not sure what length they are without checking. 

Not at all  30mm for the 2 front and 45 for the 4 rears is what I am after in an ideal world

Sorry that length is the rid on its own tip to tip

Pic attached of the used dampers I found - no idea what length the piston rods are though without taking them apart.

Let me know if there is anything there which is of interest.

I'll have a look in the attic later as I have a couple of boxes of odd new damper parts. 

DSCF0041.JPG

• Like 1