chuch

Found my old Tamiya - Monster Beetle/ Brat hybrid. What should I do with it?

I just discovered my vintage tamiya lying in the corner of the loft. Been there for almost 10 years. 

Going through this site has brought back memories and I think the bug has bitten once again! 

For now i'm debating on what to do with this RC, 

It started off as an original monster beetle, and I acquired a brat chassis and decided to merge the two. 

Now debating whether i should restore it back into the original monster beetle and sell it... perhaps to fund a brat conversion into a lancia 037 rally? i've always wanted one... 

Would be interesting to see what people think, and if the lancia 037 conversion is even possible?

Anyways, some shots of it as it currently stands....

DSC01980.jpg

DSC01979.jpg

DSC01974.jpg

This hobby is a slippery slope to the land of no money...  you don’t really want to get back into it...  I will send my address to ship it too.  I am too far gone to be saved,  I will help save you from the misery...  :blink: B) 

JK...  do whatever your heart ends up telling you.  The possibilities are endless.  Good luck! :D

• Like 1

First thing first.  Find a PDF of the manual, take it apart and clean it, and then rebuild it.  Replace any broken pieces with Re-Re pieces...

Then run the heck out of it!

Terry

• Like 1

Thanks Terry, 

Any ideas where i could get a pdf manual for the monster beetle and brat? I have a box full of spares, I'm sure there is enough there for two cars :)