Baddon

Mini & Short Hi Cap Dampers NOW SOLD

Vintage set of Hi Caps as sold for Avante & Egress. 

They are 2 Mini and 2 Short. note one is missing the top ball.

£75 plus postage

Hi Cap Dampers.jpeg

Hi Caps.jpeg

Lots of folk are after them to upgrade the standard top force dampers

Updated with pic of all 4 now cleaned up. 

NOTE - one of the longer shocks is missing the upper ball mount, easy to see on the pic.

I thought Top Force High Caps were all the same length? Mine certainly are, but they are the 2017 rere ones. 

Are they of something else? Avante or Egress maybe. 

Are you on Facebook? Join the Top Force group. Someone on there might know. Certainly always someone asking where to get a set. 

https://m.facebook.com/groups/113715872602274

• Like 1

I have had interest asking me what price. The problem is I dont know?

Anyone have an idea for me please?

Wish I could help. I paid £50 from America for the 2017 version. 

If these are vintage they could be more or less in value going off how much some stuff sells for.

They are (2017 version) by all accounts a discontinued item now too. When I spoke to Tony at TonysTamiyaParts he said only spares where available and did not expect to see them again.

Is there none on eBay? Either current or recently ended? Sure you can search for old auctions too so that might help give you a gauge on price. 

Try the iconicRC on Facebook group. They might have an idea on vintage/price.

EDIT: a quick look for Tamiya 47358 (2017 hi caps) shows 3 sales this year. 

£75, £55 & £71. All new mind but an idea non the less. 

I’m still curious if they are in fact Top Force ones though as mine are like I say all equal length in body whereas in your picture they appear different front/rear. If they are off something else that might adjust demand/price. I’d definitely try iconic if you haven’t already. 

Ok so £75 plus postage is likely being optimistic. Well if I start optimistic I can always reduce.

I removed them and set on the board so you can see they are definitely a different size. the bodies are different as well.

I have done some research and they are the mini and short ones as sold for Avante & Egress. set on Ebay at £177 with all fittings.

Hi Caps.jpeg

Crikey. As much as that. Might be worth getting hold of a ball socket (or whatever it’s correct name is) so they are complete and go from there. 

Check sold prices, not for sale. I have 5 sets of these and 3 nip most got in past 2y. They aren't too rare. 

Actual sale price tends to be £40-60 for minis and a bit less for shorts (as short re res are more common). 

Nice shocks but £177? Noooooooo. 

Sucks woulda been nice to put these on my vintage top force