My Dancing Rider finally finished, now need to go out and let it rip..:D

klaIMG_0177.jpg

• Like 14

Still waiting for mine to arrive......so delayed! Should be here in the next two weeks, did you install any hopups? Bearings etc?

Great! I too considered the Willy's Wheeler paint scheme for my Dancing Rider, but chose another "Tamiya nostalgia" theme. Still waiting for stickers, but hope to complete it within a couple of weeks.

Is anyone going to do comedy feet sticking out the bottom on each side?

( they could move in the wind as it goes forward etc)

no?

Just me?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

( they could move in the wind as it goes forward etc)

no?

Just me?

No, me too😉

really tempted to get a couple for me and my son.

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

where would you stick them? :) 

they'd need to be pretty high up, probably above the bodypost... to look scale per the full torso figurine

Love mine as well :) And with a 5500kv brushless, it moves :)

IMG_4761.jpg

IMG_4762.jpg

• Like 5

I'd love to see one of these in number 46 "The Doctor" colours.

• Like 1

Doctor Who? :D

18zffeXAATXm1pLC8bczRYZrGAimhY0dMKTXRy9_XrbZnV_4Cgm2GbSEdDFoBu0HYdBT6P79D7he-wTV5KwFvwxSZiryqaYuLPMfZD1OKOa3ct2CwvcpKqQ3oIKwlhmCjWBk4HRd2abQf1ZXYbJ9F6rq2tQU0Pw7jJBOO0l20fydZ3eCc-cQ070PKqFKIFHHm8y0K4EUhVgTl_Cg-mw8SJokuoaOs3503VvQ5gK6yd_NQqhSsvr8w3296Wart1-5AgJcD1Hl4147zd14tihH1QY6b7YP4qDnPRi7uHpP2krf8mHaJIgufVqMPTI615jemc6BvOzKNLpBTl-RqGqIoqtZlhYGoIqdMJ6m3dmNzyoUnZDDurXCV9ebsZ3lTrU4yBpGv3rRAxzP9jJVkMyfE3sxETd6Xh3sxyxyXhQE1Zfd6m77hAZ_bDZoaLv1ebySngnnykI-TW8Pc1Xhdn8Z5DzAg8wPiZnrXNjys49gwLWpi28rMB37GWBulneanOXH8LMJZ5hiYb_hTqDcSXt0OdpByPPCQyOMJH1u-fLQv2WZrNRMFsk6i9acTwtbxH2P9Is-GPNz4jT6DnLTbxii1eBgBwrx0aCVrka6OPJn=w1643-h1232-no

Considering going brushless, find it fast enough however if run on a 2S Li-Ion pack.

Bit worried about the front suspension when running on rougher surfaces than flat asphalt or concrete.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WillyChang said:

where would you stick them? :) 

they'd need to be pretty high up, probably above the bodypost... to look scale per the full torso figurine

You’d hang them out the bottom of the Bodyshell I think they’d look ok.

oh

7 hours ago, bsy2010 said:

Oh.. so my 7300kv is over the top?

18 hours ago, Johan said:

oh

Oh.. so my 7300kv is over the top?

I'll be fast, probably too fast... and, the diff outdrives might not like it too much 

Everybody’s Dancing Queen looks cool. I bought one last night when I was at the hobby shop  

1256DDD4-886C-4C1B-9DDB-41AB1749781C_zps

Today I ordered the bearings and battery. Any other hop ups I should build into it from the start? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Shodog said:

Today I ordered the bearings and battery. Any other hop ups I should build into it from the start? 

I guess it's very unlikely that you ordered the bearing set from JV-E-Shop on eBay? But being one of relatively few sources for T3-01 aftermarket parts so far, I guess there is a slight chance you did. In case you did; I feel obliged to inform that I got my bearing set and a couple of other parts for the T3-01 from them and instead of the required 1060 bearings, I got 1260 bearings. Thankfully, I had enough 1060 bearings already for which I didn't have any purpose, so I could build the model without delay, but it was still annoying.

As for other hop-ups, using blue TRF O-rings (# 42137) in the fork for a bit of damping is suggested in the manual. Apart from that, I've done no changes to the chassis. For the body, I got ABS headlight and taillight reflectors and instrument cluster and now I'm waiting for my custom stickers from MCI.

By the way, talking about aftermarket parts for the T3-01, the aftermarket body from RCon that was announced some weeks ago, is available. Sooner than I expected!

Lola Clear Lexan Pickup Body For Tamiya T3-01

• Like 1

On 09/04/2018 at 11:09 AM, waterbok said:

Doctor Who? :D

18zffeXAATXm1pLC8bczRYZrGAimhY0dMKTXRy9_XrbZnV_4Cgm2GbSEdDFoBu0HYdBT6P79D7he-wTV5KwFvwxSZiryqaYuLPMfZD1OKOa3ct2CwvcpKqQ3oIKwlhmCjWBk4HRd2abQf1ZXYbJ9F6rq2tQU0Pw7jJBOO0l20fydZ3eCc-cQ070PKqFKIFHHm8y0K4EUhVgTl_Cg-mw8SJokuoaOs3503VvQ5gK6yd_NQqhSsvr8w3296Wart1-5AgJcD1Hl4147zd14tihH1QY6b7YP4qDnPRi7uHpP2krf8mHaJIgufVqMPTI615jemc6BvOzKNLpBTl-RqGqIoqtZlhYGoIqdMJ6m3dmNzyoUnZDDurXCV9ebsZ3lTrU4yBpGv3rRAxzP9jJVkMyfE3sxETd6Xh3sxyxyXhQE1Zfd6m77hAZ_bDZoaLv1ebySngnnykI-TW8Pc1Xhdn8Z5DzAg8wPiZnrXNjys49gwLWpi28rMB37GWBulneanOXH8LMJZ5hiYb_hTqDcSXt0OdpByPPCQyOMJH1u-fLQv2WZrNRMFsk6i9acTwtbxH2P9Is-GPNz4jT6DnLTbxii1eBgBwrx0aCVrka6OPJn=w1643-h1232-no

Considering going brushless, find it fast enough however if run on a 2S Li-Ion pack.

Bit worried about the front suspension when running on rougher surfaces than flat asphalt or concrete.

I don't know how well it works personally but I've seen owners of other vehicles say that using a bit of that super soft packaging foam inside the dampers can give a sort of dampening effect. Not as good as a real oil shock of course but it does work to a degree apparently. 

3 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

I don't know how well it works personally but I've seen owners of other vehicles say that using a bit of that super soft packaging foam inside the dampers can give a sort of dampening effect. Not as good as a real oil shock of course but it does work to a degree apparently. 

Mmm that sounds like a good thing to test. I tried the O-ring that didn't make me happy.

14 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

I'll try the foam idea, or drill out the fork a bit to give the o-ring a little more room

16 hours ago, Shodog said:

Here is the bearing list:

4* 3x6x2,5

8* 6x10x3

2* 8x12x3,5

I also added the Yeah Racing CVDs, which will give you the ability to run normal 12mm hex adapter to modify the rear width a little

• Like 1

On 11 April 2018 at 12:51 AM, Shodog said:

Everybody’s Dancing Queen looks cool. I bought one last night when I was at the hobby shop  

1256DDD4-886C-4C1B-9DDB-41AB1749781C_zps

ABBA much, Jim? :lol::lol::lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/9/2018 at 3:59 AM, bsy2010 said:

IMG_4761.jpg

IMG_4762.jpg

where did you these decals? i have been looking for these quite some time!

I know this is an older thread, but if anyone [still] has one of these, could you measure the diameter of the front wheel - is a 1.7?

Many thanks in advance...

Jenny x

20 hours ago, JennyMo said:

I know this is an older thread, but if anyone [still] has one of these, could you measure the diameter of the front wheel - is a 1.7?

Many thanks in advance...

Jenny x

Hi JennyMo!   Is it the same wheel as the Dual Rider2?  If so I measured the front wheel to about 43mm rim lip to rim lip just now..

16 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Hi JennyMo!   Is it the same wheel as the Dual Rider2?  If so I measured the front wheel to about 43mm rim lip to rim lip just now..

Hi Willy - yes, I can't imagine they are any different, being essentially the same chassis - and if its 43mm then that is pretty much a 1.7 as I surmised... interesting, thank you!

Jx

5 hours ago, JennyMo said:

Hi Willy - yes, I can't imagine they are any different, being essentially the same chassis - and if its 43mm then that is pretty much a 1.7 as I surmised... interesting, thank you!

Jx

No problem and good luck with your project!  Can’t wait to see what you come up with.  :D 

• Like 1