gizard

How to join paid membership?/Login for Main site having to keep changing password to login

I might being a bit blinkered - but I cannot find where you can join / upgrade to paid membership and what benefits it gives you - please can some point me in the right direction?

I found my original sign up email and it says there is a subscribe button upon login - but I can't find it! help :( 

To subscribe, you need to be logged in on the main site, tamiyaclub.com - it can't be done through the forum side of the site.

Once you're logged in you'll see a link;

image.png

You'll need a paypal acount to subscribe with and you must have a card registered to the account even if you have sufficient funds in your account - it's something to do with the repeat subscription system within Paypal even though TC doesn't used auto-repeating subs.

okay done that - I'm aware of a slight confusion on passwords and accounts between the forum and the main site - i have been billed by paypal but when it took me back to tamiyaclub it errored so not sure if it's gone through properly?

The main site and forum passwords are not linked - you can have them the same but you have to change both manually.

Login is different too; forum=username/password mainsite =email address/password

Subscription went thru ok, you have a subscriber 'ribbon' on your main page now (see right hand side);

image.png

If you hover your mouse pointer over your username on the right of the screen (on a Windows PC at least) you'll see some new options in a drop down menu which'll allow you to add showroom entries, trades etc;

image.png

I am having problems again - I can login to the forums okay with my forum ID and password(hence this post) but I cannot seem to login to the main site with the correct password and email etc. I click on the 'Log in / Register' and type in email and password then click 'Login' and it just takes me back to the main page - as if I have not logged in - and I have tried on two computers to make sure I have not got some cached wrong password or some such.

Any suggestions?

thanks

G.

I have tried chrome browser too - normal I use IE or Edge - has my main site password got messed up or something (this is the only thing I can think of)?

I'm away from a pc for a couple of days so can't do a lot, but have you tried resetting your main site password?

If that doesn't work, drop a pm or email to netsmithuk and see if he can help

DOH - dunno why I didn't try that - but it is now working - thanks! 

Excellent - that's about the extent of my troubleshooting prowess so we both got lucky 🤣

I think I am going mad - seems my login is not working again on the main site ?????? help again ;) 

Every time I come back to the main site I have to sign in again - bit it refuses to recognise my password and just asks me to sign in again - so I reset my password and I can then sign again bit if I go away the same thing happens - and in order sign in I have to reset the password again..

I have tried a different browser and even PC but to no avail - I am using my email address on the main site - login on the forums works fine every time.

can any one help?

thanks

G.

Happened again this morning - this is getting rather annoying........

I've let NetsmithUK know you're having problems, he'll be in touch.

5 minutes ago, TWINSET said:

I've let NetsmithUK know you're having problems, he'll be in touch.

Great thanks - It'll probably end up being embarrassingly simple on my end - but I'm sure I have exhausted a fair few options ;) 

Yeah, hopefully it's just something simple.

I had a play with a non-subscriber account we have for testing stuff (no admin rights etc.) last night and the reset password thing worked ok on that.

I was then able to login and reset the password myself and that worked ok too, so the system is working fine

On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 10:57 AM, TWINSET said:

Yeah, hopefully it's just something simple.

I had a play with a non-subscriber account we have for testing stuff (no admin rights etc.) last night and the reset password thing worked ok on that.

I was then able to login and reset the password myself and that worked ok too, so the system is working fine

I am still expirencing the issue - again this morning - reset main site password - works initially but as soon as I close the browser - either Chrome or Edge when I go back to the main site it just doesn't login - as if I have entered an incorrect password, I thought it might be edge but chrome seems to be affected in the same way - no other site has the same issues and even the forum site is fine.... getting a little frustrating  

Gizard was this resolved?

I have the same issue for weeks now.  funny thing is sometimes is all cool for a few days than back to the same again.  It does the same at work on a different laptop.

Really odd

Mark

Seems to be working consistently with the forums at the moment - but the membership site never remembers my password for some reason - again this is across multiple devices etc.

• Like 1

yep Gizard same here, the same for months and then this week its been okay.  I find the mobile site a little more reliable.  I sent a ticket in but got a std answer on how to change passwords.