Sign in to follow this  
vdk chld

Anyone recommend a painter?

While I can do the building and general finger work no problem, painting is always an issue for me and often ends up in some pretty poor looking models, so decided to see if anyone can recommend a painter. Right now it's just for a  re re Golf Racing Grp 2 that I would like done in box art work. It's new and uncut, all the decals and everything else is there but needs painting inc driver. 

Appreciated if anyone has recommendations, local model shops can't help when called.

Cheers

x2 I'm interested as well - specifically someone good with detail painting.   I'm good at laying down base colors.

2 hours ago, vdk chld said:

While I can do the building and general finger work no problem, painting is always an issue for me and often ends up in some pretty poor looking models, so decided to see if anyone can recommend a painter. Right now it's just for a  re re Golf Racing Grp 2 that I would like done in box art work. It's new and uncut, all the decals and everything else is there but needs painting inc driver. 

Appreciated if anyone has recommendations, local model shops can't help when called.

Cheers

where do you live 

49 minutes ago, JeffSpicoli said:

Jugg - does that tag notify him that we are talking about him in this thread?  Thx!

I think so, @JeffSpicoli.  Now that I tagged you, you should see it at the notification.  

If you want, you can click on his tag, and message him directly too.  I think Truck Norris is in UK, so if Jeff is in US, that might make it more expensive.  

I do builds for other people, but only if they fit with my super detailed style - a straight up box art job wouldn't interest me. The Golf is 1/12 too, so doesn't lend itself to my work as all the accessories are too big. Thanks for thinking of me though! :) 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, topforcein said:

where do you live 

@topforcein I’m in the UK. I can post from the UK as have work colleagues who travel there often. Cheers

5 minutes ago, vdk chld said:

@topforcein I’m in the UK. I can post from the UK as have work colleagues who travel there often. Cheers

vdk:   If you don't follow @pa.deakin on Instagram check him out his work is incredible - he might be up for your project and he's in the UK , outside of Birmingham I believe.

Ugh, the idea of painting and decal someone else’s body fills me with the feeling that no amount of money would make me want to do that. 

This being said I reckon someone would have to ask $70-100 to do the job or they’d be underpaid. 

• Like 1

Find the cheapest bodies you can on eBay or elsewhere, and practice painting those. I recently got a few for $7.99 USD each. Surely, it'll pay off in the long run when you won't have to pay someone quite a bit to do it for you. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Juls1 said:

Ugh, the idea of painting and decal someone else’s body fills me with the feeling that no amount of money would make me want to do that. 

This being said I reckon someone would have to ask $70-100 to do the job or they’d be underpaid. 

completely agree, my local model shop asked me to a Zakspeed Wurth body for a customer....£25! errr no!

Just start practicing yourself on how to paint with cheaper reproduction body's and static kits. Watch videos and read forum posts for tips. I was never into painting details or even box art until a few years ago. Now I have been doing it, I just taking it slow and make sure I think about the details and the masking work thoroughly. I am still practicing some more before I attempt the new body for my 58001 Porsche 934. I find it very relaxing working on the details and paint now vs when I was young and didn't care, I just wanted to run the car.

17 hours ago, vdk chld said:

ok you say in the uk but where about as you don't display where you live.

you can see where in the uk i live from my posts.

not ever painted or even looked at one of these shells before i wouldn't know if the different colours are painted or are decals but i may be interested in doing it for you if you was to supply everything to do it and as you say you have colleagues that travel it could get dropped of to me and picked up when completed.

59 minutes ago, jonboy1 said:

Hi,

I'm happy to paint anything for you. I've painted a few for members here and some friends - even had one of mine end up in RCRacer mag :P

pm me and I'll send you some examples B)

edit: actually, if anyone is interested here's some of my stuff:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150024710@N07/sets/72157694883544171

I must say, the RC10 and Blackfoot pics are stunning B)

7 minutes ago, Peter_B said:

I must say, the RC10 and Blackfoot pics are stunning B)

Why thank you good sir. :P

You should see the Monster Beetle I'm doing at the moment :ph34r:

22 hours ago, jonboy1 said:

Why thank you good sir. :P

You should see the Monster Beetle I'm doing at the moment :ph34r:

do you have an instagram page with your work?

On 5/10/2018 at 6:13 AM, JeffSpicoli said:

do you have an instagram page with your work?

Wow @jonboy1 seriously good work! I’m in the USA would you do work for me?

Thanks @SilkWorm that's very kind of you to say.

Yeah, I'll consider anything, send me a pm with what you've got in mind :)