Baddon

Boomerang & Super Sabre rebuilds 2nd Boomerang to Winger- Also re-re BigWig build

2 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

That looks fantastic. Love that shell. 

Thanks. First one I saw was in White........not a fan. Then when searching more info came on a Metallic Silver one.....That was goooood. Then say a black one..SOLD.

Only issue with the black one is that some of the graphics are black and therefore either invisible and/or useless. Like the racing numbers.

• Like 1

Now a Boomerang in White is just a thing of beauty.

Here is my shell from this afternoon till just now. (kids to take out on bikes and making and eating dinner then kids bed times delayed things)

Boomerang

Window masks and film off

BoomerangBoomerang

Not sure about anyone else but I position the decal with back on, then stick with masking tape and check for position. Photo if important and check on computer screen its central and square. repositon, re photo, re re re, you get the idea. THEN remove back with it still masked in position and flip back down and press home.

Boomerang

AND YET I can still chuff it well up. Spot the mistake in the photo below

Boomerang

And the moral of the story is ....

DONT fit ANY decals to the wing till you fit it on the car (then place em all with tape and remove to final fit) I had the wing sitting on work area upside down.

I did not for the large blue middle strip......can you tell. I may have swore a tiny bit.......well maybe a lot, just under my breath you know......

Best I could come up with was to add the RED CVA to the correct location to reduce the impact! does it help at all????

IF anyone has this sticker I would be very interested in relieving you of it.

Anyway that completes the shells on the Boomerang Series of cars for me. I still have to refurb the Boomerang and Winger. BUT thats for another day, week, month.......at least later this year. I have 4 more shells to do now.....eyes are hanging out of me as thats 3 in 2 days with a full build as well. 

I have the driver done for the Boomernag as well BUT cant fit as there is currently an ancient brick of a receiver in the way.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Baddon said:

Spot the mistake in the photo below

Spotto, the LHS number 8 is upside down.  Do I get a Mars bar ?

5 hours ago, Thommo said:

Spotto, the LHS number 8 is upside down.  Do I get a Mars bar ?

Wrong, BUT on FB 2 others spotted the same optical illusion. The numbers are same both ways up, its just its over a bend in the shell so top looks smaller.

So NO mars bar. Keep looking. When you see it WAy worse than an upside down number.

• Haha 1

Ahhh, it’s on the wing...oops !

:rolleyes:

Really dig the Winger too btw and the Sabre... great thread.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Nobbi1977 said:

Is it the generic sauce rather than HP?

LOL, thats not a mistake we have to save money to fund my Tamiya addiction somehow. (its actually not bad at all esp as HP no longer do the fruity version and Tesco's do their own)

BEST ANSWER so far 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, kontemax said:

These are the decals I drawn some time ago.

Max

Max, I cant see any picture, I assume there should be one?

19 hours ago, Baddon said:

Max, I cant see any picture, I assume there should be one?

I'm referring your image with the Boomerang stickers by MCI.
I drawn the MCI stickers for Boomerang, Madcap and Vanquish.

Max

• Thanks 1

Agh, @kontemaxwhen you say some time ago, how long are we talking? This was my original kit from back in the day and I lent it to a friend, he used it and I did wonder if he put the shell in the pic on OR if it was on it when I was a kid as I got the car 2nd hand. 

This set of 4 done for now. Boomerang needs a driver (he is done but need to strip the guts out of the buggy as there is no room for him at the minute.

20190105_125448

Both Boomerang and Winger need stripped and rebuilt as well. BUT for now its take a breath and as its back to work on Monday things will slow down again..

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Baddon said:

Agh, @kontemaxwhen you say some time ago, how long are we talking?

Not less than a couple of years ago.

Max

ok, so I was not happy with the wheels on my Winger, tried the white stock rims, Bigwig rims and have now got a set of these black rims.

Which do you think looks best?

20190210_113224

20190210_114014

Winger

1 hour ago, Snappy1 said:

Gold plated Super shot rims 

I have a set in the post (BUT they are in a NIB Super Hot Shot) so while I see your point its from the three photos I need a winner.

14 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Out of those, big wig rims. 2.2s look surprisingly massive on that. 

They are actually the same over all diameter as the OvalBlocks. Its an optical illusion as I stood the overall wheels beside each other. Its that the 2.2's are lower profile.

Very cool, I sooooo need one of these. However the Super Astute, Turbo Optima, and Cat XLS have me torn.  The sure answer would be to purchase all of them, but alas I have too many y expensive hobbies to do that plus a family.