Sign in to follow this  
Jaywild5

Wild one upgrades

Hi all

Can anyone tell me if the FAV wheels fit the wild one plz? I was looking at the FAV ali wheels as a upgrade if they fit and im rebuilding one of the first wild ones from 1985.

They sure can. Basically the FAV and Wild One are the exact same model, the only difference is suspension and cosmetics, small variance in gearbox and front arms. 

1 hour ago, WillyChang said:

Rear wheels use different adapters, 4-stud vs Piedish.

Willy is of course right, but I'd just like to add that the "piedishes", despite not being used in the (box stock) Wild one, were  included with the original WO-kit and also are included with the re-re. A7 on the A-parts sprue are the parts to use. If you want them black (or silver or light Brown) instead of red, quite many other re-re parts have them too.

MK spot on as usual :)

But if you've lost the original leftovers, few wks ago was looking for wheel adapters and noticed many offerings of 3rd party alloy versions of all types. Some cheaper than buying whole sprue of plastic too.

BiTD buying a SparePart (retail bagged orange tag era) pair of wheels & tyres usually provided the adapters too. WildOne/Fox & Striker/Falcon had 'em, Hotshot/Supershot too I think. They were very handy.

Hi again. 

Asking if anyone knows can i still use the wild one spacers/ adapters when fitting FAV wheels to a while one.. 

On 17 April 2018 at 4:17 PM, WillyChang said:

Rear wheels use different adapters, 4-stud vs Piedish.

WildOne/Fox = 4-stud

FAV/RoughRider/SandScorcher/Frog = pie dish

Hi again. 

Asking if anyone knows can i still use the wild one spacers/ adapters when fitting FAV wheels to a while one.. 

Thanks for all the help and advice, going to go for the alloy ones as much of my upgrades are alloy now. Spent more than i planned but it should turn out great. One other thing as i only use it for pleasure and not for racing im still not sure on what new motor to purchase.. im dont wanna go hard core stock and have problems with my gearbox so was wnodering abt tuned or sport tuned, or maybe something quicker. Any advise plz

3 hours ago, Jaywild5 said:

Thanks for all the help and advice, going to go for the alloy ones as much of my upgrades are alloy now. Spent more than i planned but it should turn out great. One other thing as i only use it for pleasure and not for racing im still not sure on what new motor to purchase.. im dont wanna go hard core stock and have problems with my gearbox so was wnodering abt tuned or sport tuned, or maybe something quicker. Any advise plz

I just use the kit silver can with a small 2350mah 3S LiPo and a hobbywing 1060 ESC, gives me about 30mph ;)

Does anyone one know or has anyone ever fitted double shocks on a wild one as i keep seeing pics of this but not really sure on how to attempt it....

The Knight Customs store on Shaepways will have what you need to do the double shocks. Check out this thread:

1 hour ago, Biz73 said:

The Knight Customs store on Shaepways will have what you need to do the double shocks.

Do not visit Knights Customs Shapeways store without first giving custody of your wallet & creditcards to a independent uninterested third party for safekeeping.

Otherwise you'll end up with triple shocks of having spent $450 on knitting out your WildOne :blink: sooooo much goodies, too much temptation :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lol thanks i will save first before a visit but as you so ive heard good things abt kinghts customs.

I am running a "tourque tuned Motor" from Tamiya in mine and that Thing is a very good Runner.

I havent run a Sport tuned in it because am so pleased with the Torque tuned.

Hi again, 

Ive came across a problem i brought some alloy front arms for my wild one re build they look great but now ive had to raise the steering servo because the arms hang lower than the originals but now my steering rod, turn knuckles are to short? I want to upgrade these but am stuck on where to try?  Any advise would be grateful....

Hi their, could anyone give me some advise plz. Ive just brought a tamiya super stock motor to go in my hornet, but i have a Mtronicks TT 30 Esc... just wondering if this can handle the motor?