Sign in to follow this  
DaveB

Manta Ray in the US

Hi

I live in the UK and I'm looking to get a Manta Ray for my brother who lives in California, problem is, I can't find any retailers local to him. I really don't want to have to ship from here as the postage will be a lot. Can any of our US Tamiya fans help guide me to an online retailer (that actually sells Tamiya!) where I can buy this and get it posted out. He lives in Malibu so I guess anywhere  in CA would be fine. 

Thanks in advance 

Horizon Hobbies is a large distributor in the states and they have the Manta and the upgraded prop shaft and motor mount set on their site and able to back order.

theres some vintage ones on eray that are in the usa...maybe its just too new yet..

7 hours ago, tamiya3speed said:

Horizon Hobbies is a large distributor in the states and they have the Manta and the upgraded prop shaft and motor mount set on their site and able to back order.

Thanks, I'll check their website. 

I'm still struggling with this. I found a Tamiya stockist in California but they don't seem to have the Manta Ray, and there doesn't seem to be any on eBay.com (apart from Japanese auctions which are over priced). 

Can anyone in the US help, I really need to have one ordered and delivered to a Malibu address by the end of August? 

thanks

31 minutes ago, DaveB said:

I'm still struggling with this. I found a Tamiya stockist in California but they don't seem to have the Manta Ray, and there doesn't seem to be any on eBay.com (apart from Japanese auctions which are over priced). 

Can anyone in the US help, I really need to have one ordered and delivered to a Malibu address by the end of August? 

thanks

Tower hobbies is in Illinois i think and has the manta ray in stock. Free shipping should be available as your in the usa.

https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHALD&P=ML