gravetxt-1

Alex's TXT-2 ladder frame build TECH NOIR

I believe this to be the worlds only ladder frame build with full TXT-1/2 transmission mounted in it. Wheelbase is very short (250mm) which is very difficult to pull off with TXT transmission I will be using Blackfoot hard body on this build.

Name of truck will be TECH NOIR based on Terminator movie (the nightclub shootout scene) think 80's neon and you wont be far off. Suits an old school retro style chassis as well B)

Now... a huge shout out has to go to sicnme products (aron) based on ebay I emailed him my design for the parts and he then made me the parts out of aluminium. If it weren't for Aron this truck would not exist.

Put simply this truck is a set of RC4WD Gelande II chassis rails with TXT-2 gearbox and axles mounted in it. Insane amount of time effort blood sweat and tears put into this build hope you all like it...

P1020178 (Small).JPG

P1020179 (Small).JPG

P1020180 (Small).JPG

P1020181 (Small).JPG

P1020182 (Small).JPG

P1020183 (Small).JPG

P1020184 (Small).JPG

P1020185 (Small).JPG

P1020186 (Small).JPG

P1020187 (Small).JPG

• Like 1

thats looks like a great build .....i wounder if it will be bouncy.....

and what a great name for it from a great film 

• Thanks 1

That thing is a beast! What servos are you planning to use?

Great work.

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys means a lot :) I will be using Hitec HS 5645 servos more than likely and yes tempting to put Arnie in there! Picture below will be the logo I use for the truck on each door and maybe on rear tailgate as well.

Maybe white wheels white body not decided yet...

In fact... could some kind soul please add a link or the video itself for me to a youtube video called Perturbator - Tech noir (feat. noir deco) as it is this music video that inspired this build. I literally start off with a theme and then design the whole truck around that theme sounds crazy but that is me. Also it is an amazing tune B)

cc5b65e7036f4d2427d9cf3b11deff37 (Small).jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, gravetxt-1 said:

In fact... could some kind soul please add a link or the video itself for me to a youtube video called Perturbator - Tech noir (feat. noir deco) as it is this music video that inspired this build. I literally start off with a theme and then design the whole truck around that theme sounds crazy but that is me. Also it is an amazing tune B)

it that the one your after

• Thanks 1

Painstakingly drilled 6.5mm body mount holes into the body and managed to get position just right Blackfoot body wheel arches line up spot on with 250mm wheelbase I have on this truck B) you will notice frame sticks out a bit at the front but several vintage monster trucks are like this so is actually scale feature.

Question for you guys does an original Blackfoot front grill fit on a Blackfoot 3 body? If so does some kind soul have one they would sell me?

Also same question for original Blackfoot tailgate and does anyone have original tailgate to sell?

P1020259 (Small).JPG

P1020260 (Small).JPG

P1020263 (Small).JPG

P1020261 (Small).JPG

Frankenstein (Small).jpg

• Like 2

do as in the last pic and instale either a fake or real functional winch or spot lights.

sorry i cant help wit your other questions

• Like 1

Bit more progress moved battery tray 5mm further forward now fits perfectly under blackfoot body. Decals arrived now my worst nightmare... spraying a hard body :(

P1020269 (Small).JPG

P1020270 (Small).JPG

P1020271 (Small).JPG

• Like 2

Sweet build! I love how this is turning out!

• Thanks 1

I'd like to see some too. Gravetxt-1 has done some great monster truck builds. I miss 'em.

• Thanks 1

Agreed, Alex does a great job on all of his builds.   Any truck with TXT top loader axles is cool in my book.

• Thanks 1

@ geniusanthony Saito2 and 87lc2 thank you so much for your kind words. I haven't been doing any building for a while due to personal problems which have made me lose enthusiasm to finish the build. Seeing your posts though... makes me want to finish this build.

I think if I can get the body painted and decaled it will urge me on to finish it as there is not a lot else to finish off really all the hard work is behind me. Not making any promises but I will try and get my act together and get it finished.

• Like 2

@gravetxt-1 

No worries. Taking care of yourself first is always a good thing. I am sure it will be a looker when you do get the chance.

Related, on my CR01 BF conversion, it took me ages to get the paint done. Two or three strip and repaints due to a bad batch of auto enamel. In fact mine still isn't done,... totally done either so don't feel too bad. 

• Thanks 1