tamiya monkey

Tamiya Junkies Meets in South Yorkshire

There are some trestle tables and a few chairs IIRC. No food though, so bring your own (Blyth isn't far away). I haven't been for a while; really looking forward to next week!

Thanks to everyone involved - that was great! Looking forward to the next one! :D

Hi everyone, hope your well and keeping busy, not posted on here in a while due to work, but getting back into what i love, the Tamiya Junkies have three new meet dates for next year at the wonderful robin hood raceway at Blyth, 4th jan, 22 Feb and 14 March to start the year off. More dates to follow and some weekenders during the warmer month's.

Head over to Tamiya Junkies on Facebook for more details.

Our latest meet Yesterday was a cracker, hope to see some more new faces at our next event at Robin Hood Raceway, at Blyth. 

Check us out on our facebook page for more details.

• Like 1

I've been meaning to head down to a meet for a while, then Christmas turns up, then summer , then it's Christmas again!?!?! 😳

Is there a , Mustn't miss, event ?

Also, how strict on the cars (ie, ok with a Mid and an Ultima)? 

10 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

I've been meaning to head down to a meet for a while, then Christmas turns up, then summer , then it's Christmas again!?!?! 😳

Is there a , Mustn't miss, event ?

Also, how strict on the cars (ie, ok with a Mid and an Ultima)? 

Not strict at all. A couple of guys run kyoshos. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Not strict at all. 

Brilliant!

But shock protectors if you want to run on the new carpet?

(Don't want to drive 4hrs, and wish I'd brought something!! 😂😂

2 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

Brilliant!

But shock protectors if you want to run on the new carpet?

(Don't want to drive 4hrs, and wish I'd brought something!! 😂😂

Yes, that's correct. There is an indoor track if the weather is bad or you don't want to run on the carpet. I couldn't be bothered with shock protectors and new tyres (if it's wet only silver Schumacher tyres will stick to it). Hopefully by the next meet the astro track will be back open. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Hopefully by the next meet the astro track will be back open. 

Perfect!

I'm kind of hoping we ( the Glasgow club), can rent the track on a Friday, and then make a full weekend of it.

(This of course, involves planning.....😬)

18 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

Perfect!

I'm kind of hoping we ( the Glasgow club), can rent the track on a Friday, and then make a full weekend of it.

(This of course, involves planning.....😬)

Sounds great. James Helliwell is the guy to speak to. If you are on facebook, you can find Robin Hood Raceway on there and message him

• Thanks 1

Managed to blag an exit pass and threw caution to the wind - so I will be there again on Saturday :D  Two trips up north in as many months - it's a good job fuel prices have plummeted :o 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2020 at 10:16 AM, Mad Ax said:

Managed to blag an exit pass and threw caution to the wind - so I will be there again on Saturday :D  Two trips up north in as many months - it's a good job fuel prices have plummeted :o 

Great news. See you Saturday!

18 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Great news. See you Saturday!

given last night's update on FB I will also bring my chemi-khazi ;)

Hiya , new member here from Doncaster 

I’d love to come down to a meeting, is there a meet this Saturday ? Where is Robin Hood raceway ?

thanks

andy 

43 minutes ago, Andy Stewart1 said:

Hiya , new member here from Doncaster 

I’d love to come down to a meeting, is there a meet this Saturday ? Where is Robin Hood raceway ?

thanks

andy 

Search for Tamiya Junkies on Facebook. Robin Hood Raceway is near Blyth, nit far from you. Google it and you will fine. You BRCA membership for insurance (which £20 for the year.) Apply online and bring your number to the meet along with £7 for thday itself. No timing or racing, just run what you brung. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Search for Tamiya Junkies on Facebook. Robin Hood Raceway is near Blyth, nit far from you. Google it and you will fine. You BRCA membership for insurance (which £20 for the year.) Apply online and bring your number to the meet along with £7 for thday itself. No timing or racing, just run what you brung. 

Thanks! Can I bring the family? 

My enthusiasm has been dampened slightly as I’m now decorating the living room this Saturday... 

I cannot wait to get to this track and have a play. I’ve joined the Facebook page so hope to see you soon. 

If I can get out in the afternoon what time does it go on until? 

1 hour ago, Andy Stewart1 said:

My enthusiasm has been dampened slightly as I’m now decorating the living room this Saturday... 

I cannot wait to get to this track and have a play. I’ve joined the Facebook page so hope to see you soon. 

If I can get out in the afternoon what time does it go on until? 

We are usually wrapping by 5.

• Like 1

Really looking forward to tomorrow! Got a few cars prepped (Thundershot, Aqroshot, Hotshot, and breaking from the 'Shot theme, a Desert Gator) and will be charging batteries this evening. Since we'll be running indoors, I might bring a rally car too. Should be fun!

• Like 2