Sign in to follow this  
smegs

Hotshot rear arms.

I guys do you know if theres a fix.  For arms braking where screw goes into.  I have replaced two set of arms already.  Its my shelf queen and arms break where screw goes into.

Is the buggy off the ground on the shelf  so no weight is on the arms?? 

All my cars sit on spray paint can lids!!!

Hingepin screws have a pretty coarse aggressive selftapping thread.

Old trick from BiTD is to first screw it in (off the car) then briefly touch a warm soldering iron to the screwhead. Melts the plastic around the newly cut threads, relieves the stress in material.

Hi why not grind the threads off the A arm metal pins and just put a small dab of goop shoe goo glue on the pin at the end so the pin will hold in but no stress at all on the plastic holes of the A arms.

23 minutes ago, shenlonco said:

Hi why not grind the threads off the A arm metal pins and just put a small dab of goop shoe goo glue on the pin at the end so the pin will hold in but no stress at all on the plastic holes of the A arms.

Probably easier to get a 4mm drillbit and drill out the hole in arms as deep as the threads, than trying to cut off the steel threads without a lathe :) 

Are the arms actually breaking off the car or it's just a split/crack where the selftapping goes, but doesn't break thru?

Many of mine have cracked but rear arms don't fall off.

Different story at the front end :( arm bits break off & game over.

2 hours ago, WillyChang said:

Probably easier to get a 4mm drillbit and drill out the hole in arms as deep as the threads, than trying to cut off the steel threads without a lathe :) 

Are the arms actually breaking off the car or it's just a split/crack where the selftapping goes, but doesn't break thru?

Many of mine have cracked but rear arms don't fall off.

Different story at the front end :( arm bits break off & game over.

Hi it would be very easy to grind those threads right off with a moto tool..... the idea above is also good for runners that thread stress is what cracks or makes your A arms crack easy when running your RC's also. :D