JeffSpicoli

What R/C model do you wish Tamiya made? (Dream Build)

I agree with @ThunderDragonCy that Tamiya needs 4 new buggies. 2wd and 4wd versions taking the place that the TA07 has in the onroad range, or the DB01 / DN01 currently occupy. But new and updated and able to compete in club races, while still being affordable bashers.

Then the TRF buggies need updating to keep up with the best from Losi, Kyosho, Associated etc, and preferably priced closer to Losi and Associated than Kyosho. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Klausen said:

Yep I know. Would just have loved Tamiya to make the Sierra, due to their excellent finish and attention to details on the bodies.

The first ever ford sierra RS500 cosworth made is going to auction at Silverstone this month can't remember off hand exactly what day but it's expected to fetch between £90,000-120,000 but probably well exceed that!........they are such a stunning car😗

7d748b573c1b417eb89c7d25eaa00606dae88928.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, moffman said:

The first ever ford sierra RS500 cosworth made is going to auction at Silverstone this month can't remember off hand exactly what day but it's expected to fetch between £90,000-120,000 but probably well exceed that!........they are such a stunning car😗

Fantastic car.

Went to the RS owners 25th show a few years ago, never seen so many 500's in one place. Great day☺️

• Like 1

I think Tamiya should do some sort of M06 / T3 mashup and make a Messerschmitt:

87426.jpg

I think it would make a hilarious racing series at the track to complement the Minis and Euro trucks.

• Like 4

A realistic 1/10 scale 1980's monster truck, complete with metal frame, 4ws, and leaf springs. I've seen custom examples that use Juggernaut axles and Clod wheels. 

6 hours ago, moffman said:

XR4Ti!

• Like 1

Tamiya did a fantastic version of this wonderful vehicle in 1:24 scale. I would have loved to have it as a 1:10 "suitable for radio control" model!

http://www.dsf.my/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Porsche-928_2.jpg

Any of the Classic 66 series of International Harvester tractors. It's CRIMINAL this plastic model company haven't tried to conquer the huge market that's out there for this kind of stuff.

Resultado de imagen para ih 1066

Ah, those 3wheeler ATCs from back in the day :wub: I have the one Kyosho did in 1984, but it just ain't a Tamiya!

Imagen relacionada

Finally, I really think the Tamiya RC catalog lacks Chevrolet Corvettes! Any of 'em would be super nice to own and build!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

I agree with @ThunderDragonCy that Tamiya needs 4 new buggies. 2wd and 4wd versions taking the place that the TA07 has in the onroad range, or the DB01 / DN01 currently occupy. But new and updated and able to compete in club races, while still being affordable bashers.

Then the TRF buggies need updating to keep up with the best from Losi, Kyosho, Associated etc, and preferably priced closer to Losi and Associated than Kyosho. 

Good point. A DN02 based on the 211 to bring mid motor RWD into the mid range with a couple of cool body options would be brilliant. 

• Like 1

Group B rally cars especially the RS200 and SWB Quattro, preferably with ABS bodies, and a Pike's Peak Suzuki.

A couple of fresh bodies for monster trucks and/or 3 speeds. Don't really care what, just something different!

And a couple of new hard shells for Wild Willy too - Willy's Land Rover, Kubelwagen, Schwimmwagen, Pajero Evo or even a shortened Bronco or Ranger would be cool.

• Like 3

New buggies with:

1/ Character

2/ Novel / interesting engineering 

Total pipe dream.... No way they'd take the risk / cost. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ann3x said:

New buggies with:

1/ Character

They have released a few oddballs of late - Dancing Rider, Konghead, Heavy Dump, etc. I don't think they are that worried about risking novel designs. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

Tamiya did a fantastic version of this wonderful vehicle in 1:24 scale. I would have loved to have it as a 1:10 "suitable for radio control" model!

Porsche-928_2.jpghttp://www.dsf.my/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Porsche-928_2.jpg

Any of the Classic 66 series of International Harvester tractors. It's CRIMINAL this plastic model company haven't tried to conquer the huge market that's out there for this kind of stuff.

Resultado de imagen para ih 1066

Ah, those 3wheeler ATCs from back in the day :wub: I have the one Kyosho did in 1984, but it just ain't a Tamiya!

Imagen relacionada

Finally, I really think the Tamiya RC catalog lacks Chevrolet Corvettes! Any of 'em would be super nice to own and build!

My cousin is restoring a green one like this: 

132469-500-0.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ann3x said:

New buggies with:

1/ Character

One thing you'll see with modern buggies is that they're all tending towards the same thing now. At the track its very hard to tell a Losi 22 4.0 from a Kyosho Ultima RB6.6 from a Associated RC10B6 (D off course, proper clay track). Its like the design is sorted and now they are just refining it.

You can tell a Tamiya as they are the one that isn't there, or if they are they look out of place as they haven't updated their designs in years.

• Like 1

I would also like a release of some current muscle cars. Maybe a challenger or a charger. And, I would like an ABS body corvette. Please Mr. T

I would also like a release of some current muscle cars. Maybe a challenger or a charger. And, I would like an ABS body corvette. Please Mr. T

meh, you guys are all so stuck in the mud living in the past :rolleyes:

GF-01 4WD wheelie, G6-01 6-wheeler, T3-01 3-wheeler = NOW THATS GOOD RC INNVOVATION folks!

Quirky models that MAKE you want to BUY a Tamiya B)

Sure they might throw a bone now & again to the nostalgic starry eyed (koffkoff2CV) but they wanna make things in high volume not oneoffs... 

Plus T is also actively trying to recruit THE NEXT GENERATION OF RC'ERS by introducing school kids via promos & workshops in Japan... this I totally applaud - name any other RC company doing that?

If you don't hook tomorrow's bigkiddies today this hobby is gunna die out fast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would like something like this:

365395-GTA5-2016-11-24-15-03-59-07.jpg

or this:

122809_delorean_4.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, whahooo said:

I would like something like this:

365395-GTA5-2016-11-24-15-03-59-07.jpg

or this:

122809_delorean_4.jpg

Definitely the 205 T16👍

All of the Group B's please

Ford GT40

Ferrari P330

1/10 Ferrari 308 

Slantnose Porsche 911

Datsun 510

Any ‘60s or early 70s American Muscle.

i know other companies have done these but I’d love to see them done with Tamiya’s attention to detail.

On 5/4/2018 at 9:18 AM, markbt73 said:

Citroën DS, with scale functional hydropneumatic suspension.

c560626e-5d78-11e6-9eac-077195f382b5.jpg

Not sure how I missed your post, but this is such an overlooked model! How is it there's never been a single on of these done outside of static models?