Aerobert

Grasshopper 2 Battery

Hi everybody!

Yesterday afternoon I wanted to take out my re-re Grasshopper 2 for a little run in the garden. Unfortunately it was impossible due to the size of my Lipos. I'm using NVISION 2S Lipos with 3700 mAh in the rounded shape like the classic NiMH style. It is impossible to put the battery into the battery tray. When I remove the servo it is possible to put the battery into the tray but it is impossible to close it. This is a little bit confusing me as the Lipo is the same size as an NiMH-Battery and fits all my other cars.

What kind of batteries are you using in your GH2?

Have a nice Sunday!

Robert

Lipos are generally a couple of mm thicker than nimh, even the rounded ones. Not a problem on most Tamiyas but the GH2 battery box is notoriously tight on height. Either keep running nimh or the only lipo that seems to fit all vintage tamiya is the Core RC one.

• Thanks 1

Thank you ThunderDragonCy! It seem that I will buy some NiMH-Batteries. Seems also be better for traveling as I don't need to take all the LiPo-Safety-Stuff with me.

• Like 1

The Lipo's i use are core-rc cr293, they fit in anything being 134mm long. They fit any vintage or modern tamiya buddy.