5 hours ago, MuntyScruntfundle said:

Hi there.

I'm thinking of getting a Hang on Rider, could someone please give me a really good esc, motor, servo etc?

Many thanks.

I'm just finishing mine - I have a Hitec servo, Hobbywing brushed esc, Trackstar/Radiolink rx, Turnigy lipo (though may swap to a nimh for better cog) Will look up the specs of each tomorrow...

22 hours ago, Leckster said:

I'm just finishing mine - I have a Hitec servo, Hobbywing brushed esc, Trackstar/Radiolink rx, Turnigy lipo (though may swap to a nimh for better cog) Will look up the specs of each tomorrow...

Hobbywing 1625 Brushed esc

Hitec 85MG Servo

Hope that helps :)

I thought about installing a brushless motor in my HOR, but trust me you don't want this thing to go too fast. As far as an ESC, I went with an Eflight 10 amp micro esc and hitech micro servo...so far, it works great (although I found out that the ESC doesn't have brakes)

The biggest problem I had was finding a battery. Do NOT go with a 2/3 sized nimh unless you don't mind soldering thinner gauge wires! I tried a Venom 2/3 nimh and it is virtually impossible to fit the battery and properly route the battery wires...I went with a 1200mah 2s lipo, which fits beautifully and I haven't noticed any COG issues with the reduced weight. As an added bonus, the lipo provides better speed and acceleration without it being too fast. I get around 20-25 minute run times with a 1200 mah battery.