Jump to content
Leckster

Oh Dear.... (Bruiser clone)

Recommended Posts

Interesting... and not totally surprising. That price is possible because they are literally stealing IP <_<

 

I would be surprised if Tamiya doesn't pursue this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm also kinda disappointed how not a single person in that thread expressed reservations about buying one.

 

Like, do people realize this is the kind of stuff has a real effect on companies like Tamiya?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw this the other day, pretty sad to see such a blatant ripoff of a classic (yes, I know it is a copy of the rere but still).  I can only assume the quality is total junk.  My worry is that these start being passed off as genuine in the secondary market.  You really wouldn't know until you had it in your hands.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had seen this when I was big into the HPI Baja.  When there were no great aftermarket parts, a lot of these small businesses (one guy in a garage with skills) would produce something fantastic. 6 months later Integy and other Chinese companies would copy and sell for half the price (poor fitting junk).  Then the King Motor Baja knockoff came out selling for a lot less. Good luck suing over patent violations.

I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner for Tamiya. I'm betting it's weak plastic and poorly fitting parts.  I'd rather get the real deal.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, tamiya_1971 said:

I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner for Tamiya.

I think it's been happening for years with their Mini 4WD series:

http://www.tamiya.com/english/info/counterfeit/index.htm

Things are changing though; it's no longer impossible to sue Chinese companies for copyright infringement:

https://www.chinalawblog.com/2017/05/copyright-protection-in-china-its-real-and-its-spectacular.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, OCD said:

Interesting... and not totally surprising. That price is possible because they are literally stealing IP <_<

 

I would be surprised if Tamiya doesn't pursue this.

OCD's link says copyrights starting to take a foothold in China.  That's good.  

I wonder if Tamiya can get a quick injunction from a Chinese court.  I've got a feeling that some bribery could allow ample dragging of heels from their courts...

"Everything-goes" policy might have worked for China before.  Everybody competed to make stuff, and in the process, they learned to manufacture.  As Chinese money gets expensive, Vietnam, Bangladesh or some other country with lower labor cost could copy Chinese stuff, and sell them cheaply, undercutting China.  Shouldn't China think of the future?  

But then, I've seen a documentary of Chinese people dosing their noodles with boric acid to bleach them.  5-20 gram of boric acid can kill an adult.  I use it to kill bugs!  What kind of a country turns a blind eye to poisoning citizens for profit?  But what about Americans?  

If China still allows feeding their own citizens boric acid, I doubt that illegally copying Tamiya's RC car is frowned upon.  Then again, the 21st century America is getting rid of environmental protection---to increase the profits of coal plants, paper mills and truck makers at the cost of our health.  The Environmental Protection Agency's 2018 plan is to allow DOUBLING THE POLLUTION, like mercury.  It doesn't sound like "environmental protection" to me.  Is mercury rain good for drinking water, corns, eggs, milk, cheese, beef or any food we eat?  I doubt it.  

 

I feel bad for Tamiya because I'm a fan of Tamiya.  I thought, "man, those Chinese are not doing right by the Japanese!"  But "are we doing right by us?"  My neighbor's boy, Jacob, is 15 now.  He wanted to be an FBI agent.  I guess his grades fell, he gave up on being FBI.  If it's child's whim, that's fine, but if it's due to his brain growth stopping, that's bad.  Last year, his mother told us how Jacob was eating 1-2 cans of tuna every day for 8 months.  She did not know that tuna contained mercury.  A week of tuna could slow down Jake's brain growth for 8-18 months.  He ate it for 8 months.  She was mortified. "What happened to the tuna?" she asked.  Well, it's the pollution.  For cheap electricity, coal-burning sends mercury all around the world.  Filtering mercury cost 1 million dollars per smokestack.  Equipping 100 smokestacks would cost 100 million.  100 million is 0.1 Billion.  That is not much to 100 Billion dollar companies.  But it's 10 times cheaper to spend 10 million on the lobby and get the pollution doubled.  I get it.  Plant owners want to get richer. Who wouldn't want to?  But one indirect result of that is at age 15, Jacob is as bold as Jude Law at age 45, and could not pursue his dream. 

The Chinese government is not protecting the rights of foreign corporations. They also fail the health of their citizens.  While western governments don't allow boric acid in our food, they do allow mercury in our air, water, and food.  I never know where my silly brain takes me when it goes off tangent like some stupid monkey high on mushroom... but one child's brain growth stunted?  That's possibly one boy's life effectively limited.  And it could be prevented.  I do hope TC members stay away from tuna and other big fish, so at least TC members' families would not be poisoned.  (eat cilantro and chlorella to get the toxic metal out, if you did) 

 

Tilapia may not have much mercury, but it's not healthy food.  

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

I must be the only one that read it as "POTATO" , but I don't think I'm wrong. :) 

18068344a8cef5c311bb63c366da010e.jpg

"Chengxin Wang"!! :lol: 

heck that's still closer than "Calvin Brookman" :ph34r::P

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, tamiya_1971 said:

I had seen this when I was big into the HPI Baja.  When there were no great aftermarket parts, a lot of these small businesses (one guy in a garage with skills) would produce something fantastic. 6 months later Integy and other Chinese companies would copy and sell for half the price (poor fitting junk).  Then the King Motor Baja knockoff came out selling for a lot less. Good luck suing over patent violations.

I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner for Tamiya. I'm betting it's weak plastic and poorly fitting parts.  I'd rather get the real deal.

Me too! I was into hpi Baja (I bought the ss version) then like you say integy started making parts and I bought upgrade brakes from them and they were rubbish they kept on grabbing and spinning it:huh:!, also I was over the local car park and another car pulled over the other side of said car park and he got out what I thought was the hpi Baja but when he came over he told me it was a king motor and a lot cheaper but he couldn't get it to run properly he tried at home but failed so him and his dog was going for a walk then he will try again in the car park I was packing up by then and off I went for somehing to eat but on the way back I had to drive past the car park and there he was standing next to his car with his dog and a fire engine half a dozen firemen and a smouldering ford galaxy:o........to this day I don't know if it was him or the cheap rip off but I have my suspicions:rolleyes:, as for this rip off it will be made with rubbish material and it won't be no way near the quality of the tamiya bruiser!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Juggular said:

OCD's link says copyrights starting to take a foothold in China.  That's good.  

I wonder if Tamiya can get a quick injunction from a Chinese court.  I've got a feeling that some bribery could allow ample dragging of heels from their courts...

"Everything-goes" policy might have worked for China before.  Everybody competed to make stuff, and in the process, they learned to manufacture.  As Chinese money gets expensive, Vietnam, Bangladesh or some other country with lower labor cost could copy Chinese stuff, and sell them cheaply, undercutting China.  Shouldn't China think of the future?  

But then, I've seen a documentary of Chinese people dosing their noodles with boric acid to bleach them.  5-20 gram of boric acid can kill an adult.  I use it to kill bugs!  What kind of a country turns a blind eye to poisoning citizens for profit?  But what about Americans?  

If China still allows feeding their own citizens boric acid, I doubt that illegally copying Tamiya's RC car is frowned upon.  Then again, the 21st century America is getting rid of environmental protection---to increase the profits of coal plants, paper mills and truck makers at the cost of our health.  The Environmental Protection Agency's 2018 plan is to allow DOUBLING THE POLLUTION, like mercury.  It doesn't sound like "environmental protection" to me.  Is mercury rain good for drinking water, corns, eggs, milk, cheese, beef or any food we eat?  I doubt it.  

 

I feel bad for Tamiya because I'm a fan of Tamiya.  I thought, "man, those Chinese are not doing right by the Japanese!"  But "are we doing right by us?"  My neighbor's boy, Jacob, is 15 now.  He wanted to be an FBI agent.  I guess his grades fell, he gave up on being FBI.  If it's child's whim, that's fine, but if it's due to his brain growth stopping, that's bad.  Last year, his mother told us how Jacob was eating 1-2 cans of tuna every day for 8 months.  She did not know that tuna contained mercury.  A week of tuna could slow down Jake's brain growth for 8-18 months.  He ate it for 8 months.  She was mortified. "What happened to the tuna?" she asked.  Well, it's the pollution.  For cheap electricity, coal-burning sends mercury all around the world.  Filtering mercury cost 1 million dollars per smokestack.  Equipping 100 smokestacks would cost 100 million.  100 million is 0.1 Billion.  That is not much to 100 Billion dollar companies.  But it's 10 times cheaper to spend 10 million on the lobby and get the pollution doubled.  I get it.  Plant owners want to get richer. Who wouldn't want to?  But one indirect result of that is at age 15, Jacob is as bold as Jude Law at age 45, and could not pursue his dream. 

The Chinese government is not protecting the rights of foreign corporations. They also fail the health of their citizens.  While western governments don't allow boric acid in our food, they do allow mercury in our air, water, and food.  I never know where my silly brain takes me when it goes off tangent like some stupid monkey high on mushroom... but one child's brain growth stunted?  That's possibly one boy's life effectively limited.  And it could be prevented.  I do hope TC members stay away from tuna and other big fish, so at least TC members' families would not be poisoned.  (eat cilantro and chlorella to get the toxic metal out, if you did) 

 

Tilapia may not have much mercury, but it's not healthy food.  

 

 

 

 

 

Totally agree with you that it's appalling what big business is doing to the food chain that 99% of us have to eat. You haven't even touched on what anti-biotics and growth hormones etc are doing to the land based animal products in the food chain. I'm sure anyone who has access to home grown vegetables (I sometimes get stuff from my Dad) will agree that the stuff you have to buy in the supermarkets tastes like tasteless washed out garbage in comparison to home grown veg that can be pulled from the ground or picked and eaten the same day and hasn't been exposed to pesticides, fertilisers, etc. I read somewhere that tomatoes grown in the 1940s in the UK had 40 times more nutrients in them than those grown now. It's no wonder one in two of us in the UK is now expected to have cancer in our lifetimes :(

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MadInventor said:

It's no wonder one in two of us in the UK is now expected to have cancer in our lifetimes :(

 

and another company will make huge profits selling a cure. I was reading an article somewhere the other day that big pharmaceuticals have to be careful that some medicines aren't too good, otherwise they end up losing too much money once the initial buy up of the medicine is over. It seems the best medicines for business are the ones that you need to keep taking.

 

As for this RC copy, its not surprising given that in China they have ripped off complete 1:1 cars like Porsche and BMW, although I am led to believe the are starting to clamp down on that.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, yogi-bear said:

 

As for this RC copy, its not surprising given that in China they have ripped off complete 1:1 cars like Porsche and BMW, although I am led to believe the are starting to clamp down on that.

I give you the Porsche Macan ................... Em sorry I mean the Zotye SR9

zoyte-comparo-macan-616.jpg?itok=MiDuvlH

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Q: What do children's crayons, women's makeup, and brake pads have in common? 

A: In recent years, imports to North America have all contained asbestos. I'm sure there are many more products out there, and let's not even get started on the lead paint.

 I try to avoid "Made in China" products whenever possible. They have a tendency to play by their own rules. 

The only "good" thing that I can see coming from this blatant copy of the Bruiser is that it might convince Tamiya to lower the real thing to a manageable price. I've always wanted one, but for the cost of the kit+controller, I could buy a well-used 1/1 truck.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody noticed no mould lines on the tires? They look nice. Question is... will these guys sell replacement parts for this vehicle?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180503/0b781c38ec18d3df587119cdd7fb336a.jpg

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with you all.

Another blatant attempt by witless Chinese thieves to profiteer via outright theft.

Same attitude the Chinese government has to the whole world. e.g. When lending $billions to poorer nations to build infrastructure as part of it's "Belt & Road" initiative. Then, when the money can't be paid back, eroding the other nation's sovereignty by leaning on them - to impose Chinese influence, build bases, expand.

In the news today: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/may/08/hillary-clinton-says-chinas-foreign-power-grab-a-new-global-battle

I have recently stepped up my personal efforts to avoid Chinese-made products in all areas of my life. If you research first, you can avoid Chinese crap almost entirely. And own things that will generally last a lot longer as a consequence. Often they do not cost much more than a Chinese product. And the extra you pay, is often supporting a business that is holding out against moving production to China.

This might also be a good time to re-post the excellent documentary "Santa's Workshop" about toys made in China. It shows the appalling, corrupt conditions of Chinese toy manufacture. The zero motivation there is for poor workers, to produce items of quality. And the cluelessness of the Western toy companies who delude themselves into thinking quality standards can be maintained when off-shoring manufacturing to China for fatter profits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF8jUDzz5bE

Oh, and regarding food - here is a fun fact: In South Korea, food in supermarkets is regularly labelled "Not made in China", to reassure customers there about it's quality.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of Chinese products being of low quality, this one was downright unsafe. I'm not going to mention the make on here, but everyone would recognise them if I did.

Whatever you buy, if it's mains powered and metal cased, get it PAT tested.

 One of our departments at work bought 2 chargers for from a well known UK model shop on my suggestion that intelligent chargers would give just as good results as the PAG chargers they used to buy, but when then turned up they failed the PAT test. Upon opening them up for inspection we found that the earths had not been connected, and these were mains powered chargers with metal cases ! I got back to the model shop with pictures of the problem and they refunded us without a problem and informed the supplier of the problem, but quite scary that those 2 chargers with what was quite obviously corner cutting at the manufacturing stage could have resulted in 2 fatalities, quite possibly being children just wanting to enjoy their hobby.

img33435_25052015182111_4.jpg

Mains plug had been fitted that had been cut out of something else and re-used, the loose yellow wire pointed to by the screwdriver was soldered onto the earth plug, but not connected anywhere on the circuit board or to the body of the charger.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I could I would never buy a single thing from China. Underpaid child labour and paying no attention at all to copyrights from companies investing to develope things.

In real life it is impossible to avoid, as most things are made here. But for sure I am not buying any RC knock offs from China, then I rather have less cars and parts.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/05/2018 at 5:09 AM, mongoose1983 said:

Anybody noticed no mould lines on the tires? They look nice. Question is... will these guys sell replacement parts for this vehicle?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180503/0b781c38ec18d3df587119cdd7fb336a.jpg

 

If it sells in sufficient numbers they will almost definitely supply spares.

In all honesty, I'd possibly be tempted if the quality is any good but then I couldn't pay the money for a genuine so it wouldn't be a case of a lost sale to Tamiya. I've heard the same thing with the fake lego they pump out, apparently it has a negligable impact on sales of the genuine product. 99% of people who can afford to buy the expensive sets wouldn't dream of buying fake sets and the resale market hasn't suffered. 

I have a Traxxas Slash 4x4 clone and crappy electrics aside, it's honestly every bit as good as the genuine one, even the plastics are super tough and not brittle like you would expect. I put a £30 brushless system in it and have a brushless slash 4x4 for £130 instead of £430. There's no way on earth I could justify buying the Traxxas so again, it's not like I've taken money I would have given to them and spent it elsewhere. I'm not saying that makes it ok to steal designs, it's obviously not but from my personal perspective, me acquiring a fake Traxxas didn't mean I gave £100 to Hunaqi instead of £420 to Traxxas. It was either £100 or nothing.

I remember there was a Chinese clone of the Tumbling Bull a couple of years back that was pretty well put together and in some ways better specced than the original and that thing pretty much disappeared overnight after a while so Tamiya may already have some clout when it comes to stuff like this, that thing seemed to get wiped off the face of the earth abruptly which suggests it may have been damage limitation.

I'm honestly surprised this has been made, clones seemed to actually be dying out to a degree and more original designs were popping up from Chinese makers, some of them very interesting and well executed. Hopefully they don't become lazy and go back to ripping off other designs wholesale.


 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Klausen said:

If I could I would never buy a single thing from China. Underpaid child labour and paying no attention at all to copyrights from companies investing to develope things.

In real life it is impossible to avoid, as most things are made here. But for sure I am not buying any RC knock offs from China, then I rather have less cars and parts.

Fully agree, and there is no way I would by fake/clone/copy Tamiya items. I admittedly buy repro decals, but only when I can't find originals. Also, I have to confess I've broken my rule once. Long before Tamiya re-released the Hilux/Blazer driver figure, I bought a copy from RC4WD. I didn't feel well about it, and when it arrived, I realized how poor the quality was, so despite needing the figure for a model, I tossed it in the bin. Never again!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2018 at 5:33 AM, MadInventor said:

Totally agree with you that it's appalling what big business is doing to the food chain that 99% of us have to eat. You haven't even touched on what anti-biotics and growth hormones etc are doing to the land based animal products in the food chain. I'm sure anyone who has access to home grown vegetables (I sometimes get stuff from my Dad) will agree that the stuff you have to buy in the supermarkets tastes like tasteless washed out garbage in comparison to home grown veg that can be pulled from the ground or picked and eaten the same day and hasn't been exposed to pesticides, fertilisers, etc. I read somewhere that tomatoes grown in the 1940s in the UK had 40 times more nutrients in them than those grown now. It's no wonder one in two of us in the UK is now expected to have cancer in our lifetimes :(

3

 

uFuIQix.jpg

The dairy labels say "No significant difference has been shown between milk derived from cows treated with artificial hormones and those not treated with artificial hormones."  Yes, the little difference being the ARTIFICIAL HORMONE that could give me man-boobs ("possibly." I have to say "possibly."  If I don't, the hormone corporation could have FDA agents busting down my door (with cow bones) and arrest me for suggesting a link between milk producing hormones and "man-boobs.").  Apparently, in real life, the artificial hormone company lobbied to brainwash us, so we'd believe artificial hormones are "not significantly different".  Man and woman are "not significantly different" as opposed to a tiger or a giraffe.  But I just don't want squish mounds ending up on my chest, thank you very much!  A bit confusingly, just above it, it says, "Our cows just say NOOOO."  lol...  So, the consumers (and cows) are not that stupid after all... we don't want hormone injected milk!  I'll take English cheddar (I haven't tasted it yet).  

My in-laws were planting stuff in his backyard. I didn't ask why.  But what MadInventor says makes sense.  My backyard could be better than over-worked farmland tracts.  I think I'll plant something and see how they turn out.  Neighbors were saying how they couldn't grow anything, though.  Deer would eat everything (but they leave dandelions for aesthetical reasons).  

On 5/7/2018 at 6:35 AM, yogi-bear said:

and another company will make huge profits selling a cure. I was reading an article somewhere the other day that big pharmaceuticals have to be careful that some medicines aren't too good, otherwise they end up losing too much money once the initial buy up of the medicine is over. It seems the best medicines for business are the ones that you need to keep taking.

 

As for this RC copy, its not surprising given that in China they have ripped off complete 1:1 cars like Porsche and BMW, although I am led to believe the are starting to clamp down on that.

2

I didn't know about 1:1 cars!  That's hilarious (and sad).  It's like announcing to the world, "out of 1.4 Billion people, we don't have 1 car designer!"  

You've got a good point, yogi-bear.  A doctor treating diabetic patients was saying, "it makes no sense to give patients drugs and ask them to eat carb, when you could prescribe them no-carb and no-medicine."  She said one of her patients who used to take 200 units of insulin a day.  That patient cut carbohydrates out of her diet and she became symptom-free and drug-free.  I'm not diabetic, so I don't know how much 200 unit is, though.  From about a month ago, I stopped putting sugar in my coffee, I don't drink Red Bull and coke anymore.  Strangely, I just don't want to eat more than 2 meals a day now.  And I have more energy than when I was drinking Red Bull.  Anyway, this doctor said drug companies won't make any money if patients cure themselves. I like her for saying that. 

I call that "the exterminator-paradox."  If the extermination gets rid of pests too well, they won't have customers!   

@Hibernaculum, that article about China's foreign policy is alarming.  Considering what little I know about the history of subjugating other countries, I guess it shouldn't be surprising.  China changed their Constitution quietly in March 2018.  So their president Xi can rule forever.  That can't be a good sign.  Russia doesn't mind killing Russian critics and reporters even in England (I'm not criticizing, by the way!).  Calling that Stalinist is probably a compliment to Mr. Putin.  South Koreans seem to believe North Korea wants peace.  That's not very smart.  Kim kills his own brother and his own uncle!  I hope those naive South Koreans don't end up in gas chambers like the Jewish people in Nazi camps.  Hearing the news of what he does to his own people, that might not be too far-fetched, even if South Koreans don't want to believe horror stories from defectors. Russia, China, and North Korea, all are taking steps to become Stalin of their own right.  

But not a peep from the White House.  When America was great, America used to be the beacon of Freedom.  Not just for Americans, Reagan talked of "freedom for all mankind."  He wasn't afraid to say, "Mr. Gorbachev, Tear Down This Wall" for Germans.  How the world has changed.  America used to go around the world breaking down the walls in other countries.  We gave hope to the oppressed people.  We welcomed East Germans jumping the wall.  That was the real strength of America.  We stood tall, and we were respected for that.  Now, America congratulates Putin on his election, not only that, just like the Soviets in Berlin, America wants to build walls...  I find it ironic.  Anyway, if Australia and New Zealand don't watch out,  I suspect China could copy what Russia did to the American election.  Does China have to copy even that?  

I wish China could make good cars of their own unique designs and create their own culture.  If China becomes an honestly great nation, they wouldn't have to use underhanded tricks to influence other nations.  The world will respect China automatically.  If you are big enough of a man to walk miles to return pennies, you could be Abraham Lincoln.  If you steal, you get pennies, but you just become a thief.  With recent economic growth, China is on the verge of being great like the ancient times.  A nation nurturing new Confusious, artisans for Ming vases, and engineers for making RC cars like MST (that's Taiwan though)...  If Xi chooses to copy the path of despotism like Putin?  You don't have to be a think-tank analyst to know China isn't going to be as great as Western powers where free citizens come up with awesome cars.  That's too bad.  

But, what do I know?  America has problems of our own.  I used to think left and right were like Army-Navy games.  No matter who wins, it's America that wins.  Now, it's like Americans are suspecting other Americans are not Americans at all.  Who was born in Hawaii, who was born in Panama...  Who cares!  Natalie Portman was not even born on the American continent.  Who made us think that way?  Politicians may gain votes.  But America weakens if we let them use our fears against us and divide us.  Shouldn't we go back to the times when we were just fellow citizens and neighbors?  But in the end, I'm just a little guy who loves RC cars.  I'll just bury my head in the sand and pretend that communists are not messing with our lives... when KGB agents create a communist party in America, and when they confiscate my transmitters saying "comrade, radio devices are banned by new FAA rules."  Only then, I'll realize something has been going very wrong...   

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a friend who works enforcing food standards in the UK. They are all in dispair about the impact of leaving the EU as we are protected from a lot of the very poor food that is sold around the world. The fear is that we would drop our standards to allow US (and others) trade deals which imports  food that we currently class as toxic.

Regarding the cloned bruiser, I think those that get one will soon experience the real issues with the low quality materials etc and end up spending loads on genuine Tamiya spares to actually make it reliable. 

A few years ago there was a clone of the trf416 which was really cheap. As the original car was hot property the temptation of a ‘clone’ for 1/3 of the price was too much for some racers and a lot appeared on the club circuit. They looked very similar but the materials used were terrible.  A mild crash could warp the aluminium bulkheads etc. Some drivers transplanted loads of Tamiya parts onto them but by the time they were finished they had nearly spent the same as the original but they knew that it was a fake car. Some more unscrupulous ones sold them on as TRF’s. So not only being dishonest, also would have given the unsuspecting purchaser a very low regard for Tamiya.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, please keep this on the topic of Tamiya, Radio Control Vehicles and this obvious IP-stealing knockoff product.  This isn't a soapbox forum to discuss everything China, hormones, mercury, etc..

If you buy this product, you are telling the Chinese manufacturer that it's OK to steal someone else's work and profit from it.  I don't care if you don't like the original Tamiya product for any reason, including price.  You are supporting IP theft if you buy this product or any parts related to it.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i would say tamiya already know about the item plus others that have been "ripped of" but if they are on sale then i would say tamiya have'nt done anything about it or aint bothered about it.

i already am a lucky owner of a bruiser and it took me a long time to save for it.

i would'nt buy one of these as i would'nt trust that kind of money to a china/japan seller. but if it was being offered in the uk i would def think about getting one as my bruiser will prob never get used as it cost to much but at that price i would be fine'ish to bash it. the price of the rtr kit is great tbh

know look at it this way the rip off market will always be their and will always have a buyer esp in these times.

know i am not condoning these company's in any way and what they do but hey come on every one knows what a rip off country china is anyway and the real company's hardly do anything about it.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, topforcein said:

i would say tamiya already know about the item plus others that have been "ripped of" but if they are on sale then i would say tamiya have'nt done anything about it or aint bothered about it.

i already an a lucky owner of a bruiser and it took me a long time to save for it.

i would'nt buy one of these as i would trust that kind of money to a china/japan seller. but if it was being offered in the uk i would def think about getting one as my bruiser will prob never get used as it cost to much but at that price i would be fine'ish to bash it. the price of the rtr kit is great tbh

know look at it this way the rip off market will always be their and will always have a buyer esp in these times.

know i am not condoning these company's in any way and what they do but hey come on every one knows what a rip off country china is anyway and the real company's

hardly do anything about it.  

Tamiya is certainly damaged by the existence of clones like the aforementioned. This isn't a case where you have a huge company that can ignore the losses. Tamiya is in a struggling (or dying in some cases, see Kyosho) industry, and they have invested a lot in making sure the Tamiya name and image remains to be #1.

Also remember that in the grand scheme of things, not too many of these trucks get sold to begin with. RC as a hobby is a thing of massive privelage, and very few people on this planet have the disposable income to even afford the knockoff version if it were 1/10 the price.

Think of it this way: For every one of these trucks that get sold, that's one less sale for Tamiya, one less commission for the importer, and possibly one less sale for the LHS. Then there's the erosion of perceived value, which is two-fold 1. A near identically-appearing model that is being offered to the public at less than wholesale pricing 2. The evisceration of Tamiya sales in that market. It's really a double whammy for Tamiya, and who knows how much of this they can endure in times like these.

We have the Japanese economic bubble era to thank for all that is this wonderful hobby, but those days have long gone. It's become an era of conservation now, and anything extracurricular like toys-hobbies-games are on the endangered list.

We can all do our part to help. It's easy for me to say no to the clones B)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...