Leckster

Oh Dear.... (Bruiser clone)

On 7/15/2018 at 5:01 AM, Static Age said:

Correct, they do have spring on the shaft. I removed mine to soften the ride. The shocks are oil filled & just like vintage tamiya they leak. After market shocks would be a good upgrade, but for now I stripped mine & rebuilt them with fresh oil, tamiya red O rings & a dose of AE green slime. No bother as I had these things in my spares box. The shocks only require a very small amount of oil to function well. 

It's good to hear that these have oil in them. I was just thinking they skipped that and added a spring.

I've always put teflon tape around the threads so it doesn't leak around the cap. I used to JB weld the on the brass insert around where it meets the aluminum body.

It works for awhile. I just redid my two runners and replaced the old bodies and the internal o-rings. Just takes maintenance to keep them in good order. It's funny how Tamiya

changed some stuff on the new ones but used the original shocks. They should have updated those a little. 

Cory

10 hours ago, khyzersoze said:

It looks like Asiatees carries this Bruiser clone now.  - Bruiser clone on Asiatees

I'm very tempted now. I think I may order one. My new built Bruiser needs painted. Black or white in this Clone?

Cory

On 7/20/2018 at 11:29 PM, RC4x4 said:

I'm very tempted now. I think I may order one. My new built Bruiser needs painted. Black or white in this Clone?

Cory

I purchased a white one, but now that I'm in the process of painting the body, I think a black one would have been better for a color change.

I will get mine next week. For those who have it, does the out of box p407 has built in lights/engine sounds?

Sound of the video clips I saw has engine sounds+lights, some don't.

Some don't have wipers, too. Weird.

14 hours ago, stephwc said:

I will get mine next week. For those who have it, does the out of box p407 has built in lights/engine sounds?

My wipers were not glued to the body.  Wipers came in a plastic baggy to mount later.  My model did not have lights or sounds.  I also had the version that did not have protection for the chromed camper cap, mine had the finish worn off.

I noticed there is a "new" improved version being offered for $300.00+ USD or there about.

6 hours ago, DavidJ said:

My wipers were not glued to the body.  Wipers came in a plastic baggy to mount later.  My model did not have lights or sounds.  I also had the version that did not have protection for the chromed camper cap, mine had the finish worn off.

I noticed there is a "new" improved version being offered for $300.00+ USD or there about.

The $300 + dollar version comes with a brushless motor instead of the brushed version.

Cory

I was checking out Asia Tees and came across Hercules Hobby. They have the 1/14th scale semi

s that look just like Tamiya's. WOW!  

I watched Ampro Engineering’s video on it and I was impressed with how much he liked it. He was having a hard time pointing out it’s faults, and he has an original right next to it. Worth it to me to buy it if you want a bruiser but can’t afford Tamiya’s prices.

What's a Mountain Pig? I've seen where people call their rc trucks this.

Cory

35 minutes ago, RC4x4 said:

Cory

NzxzPYb.jpg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jupitertwo said:

I think I can hear my nib rere whimpering through the polywrap. 

I have several as well. Just going back and fourth on this clone.

Cory

Just finished mine and enjoyed its first run in the wild, as has been stated.Very impressive and has it's minor faults just like the original. Now i've seen a kit version i'm tempted to buy another. Nice to run a truck and not worry about the vintage aspect. Although saying that I used to run my Mounty in anger and went through a gearbox and front axle so i'm not afraid to run em. (More pics in my showroom)

P7285613.JPG

• Like 6

6 hours ago, zakspeed said:

Just finished mine and enjoyed its first run in the wild, as has been stated.Very impressive and has it's minor faults just like the original. Now i've seen a kit version i'm tempted to buy another. Nice to run a truck and not worry about the vintage aspect. Although saying that I used to run my Mounty in anger and went through a gearbox and front axle so i'm not afraid to run em. (More pics in my showroom)

P7285613.JPG

That turned out nice. I'm gonna order the kit now so I can install my own electronics.

Cory

12 hours ago, zakspeed said:

P7285613.JPG

If I saw that on ebay, I'd just naturally assume it was a re-re.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2018 at 9:38 AM, stephwc said:

Official variants from HG available so far I've seen from both online and LHS.

1. Brushed (black) motor with LED/Sound system

2. Brushed (black) motor without LED/Sounds

3. Brushed (silver) motor without LED/Sounds

4. Brushless motor (motor colour unsure)

On 7/26/2018 at 9:35 PM, RC4x4 said:

Cory

The original Bruiser is nick named the "Mountain Pig" in Mandarin speaking countries. "Mountain Pig" in Mandarin Chinese means Wild Boar or Hog.

4 hours ago, d4dawg said:

The original Bruiser is nick named the "Mountain Pig" in Mandarin speaking countries. "Mountain Pig" in Mandarin Chinese means Wild Boar or Hog.

Hmm. Got it. Learn something new all the time.

Cory

I did order one of the kit versions from Toucan. I didn't really need the electronics it comes with and wanted to put it together myself. However though I may order a rtr from Asia tees.

Cory