Leckster

Oh Dear.... (Bruiser clone)

9 hours ago, qatmix said:

There are already people on ebay trying to palm of this counterfeit version as the original :( 

Any links? The more people report it the better.

Does anybody know of amy cheap crawler style tyres that will for the stock rims?

There's plenty of 2.2 tyres out there the right diameter but finding 60mm+ wide ones is the tricky part, they are usually much narrower.

I got a couple of sets of dirt cheap Austar ones a while back for my 2 crawlers and they are amazingly good for the money. My Redcat RS10 in particular now climbs stuff it used to scrabble on with ease, the tyres seem gripper but softer too so they conform to the obstacles a little which helps even more. 

I feel like this truck would benefit from such soft and sticky tyres if a decent set of budget ones could be found with the necessary width.

Now that I've read around more it seems any 2.2 around 55+ wide should work ok and diameter about 115-135mm

That opens up some cheap options.

I still don't even own one but if I get one I definitely think some cheap crawler tyres and losing a few leaf springs will help it on the trails when the diffs are locked.

I purchased one of these trucks about two months ago.  It was the RTR version in white.  I've been slowly going through the truck checking build quality, electronics and painting.

My current status with the body.

20180828_221143b.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 9/11/2018 at 2:57 PM, nowinaminute said:

Looks like these would work, on the narrower side of things but not so bad that the tyres would be cone shaped I don't think!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F142840326430

I've fitted those on mine. Perfect fit, way more traction than the original tyres & the softer side walls improve the handling.

bruiser (Medium).jpg

• Like 5

On 9/15/2018 at 7:05 PM, Static Age said:

I've fitted those on mine. Perfect fit, way more traction than the original tyres & the softer side walls improve the handling.

Good stuff! thanks for confirming!

On 9/15/2018 at 7:05 PM, Static Age said:

Those look great. How do they look from the front? They fit the wheel perfect?

11 hours ago, tamiya_1971 said:

Those look great. How do they look from the front? They fit the wheel perfect?

bruiser2 (Medium).jpg

• Like 2

How about the decals, are they from MCI with custom colours or something else? I noticed the guy a fee posts up has some too but in different colours.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2018 at 10:33 AM, nowinaminute said:

Any links? The more people report it the better.

Anyone? 

On 9/16/2018 at 3:05 PM, nowinaminute said:

How about the decals, are they from MCI with custom colours or something else? I noticed the guy a fee posts up has some too but in different colours.

Yes, MCI with the colours changed. 

MCI Decals.  I was sanding and polishing the bed last night.  How my HG-P407 currently looks.

I painted the orange interior shell a medium sand/tan color.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

• Like 8

That color scheme is very 70's.  Pretty cool.  (or should I say, "groovy, man~")

• Like 1

I will soon begin going through the electronics and mechanics of my P407, but for now it looks pretty while sitting still.

DSC04102-b.jpg

DSC04106-b.jpg

DSC04104-b.jpg

• Like 6

I do not know what you think, but in my opinion the steering servo is not suitable for this type of models  ...its weight and the 125 mm tires are excessive for its torque.

Has anyone changed it?
Which one could you recommend, without spending a fortune?
It would be ok a servo that has a price up to 30/35 euros, with a torque of 25/30 kgcm

These?

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/trackstartm-ts-910-digital-1-8-truggy-monster-truck-servo-30-6kg-0-14sec-66g.html

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/full-size-high-voltage-servo-hs-tg-ultra-high-speed.html?countrycode=EU&utm_source=criteo&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=eu&utm_term=LF

Thanks for any suggestions 

Just FYI to everyone, Banggood has a special on these trucks for the HG P407A "Kit" version for $179.00 USD plus shipping. Total price with Priority Direct shipping for 7-12 day plus insurance was $188.63 USD. $5.04 ship and $3.60 insurance. Sale good till Dec 31st 2018. I picked another one up today. I think this is the cheapest I have been able to find it plus shipping.

https://www.banggood.com/HG-P407A-110-2_4G-4WD-Rc-Car-Kit-for-TOYATO-Metal-4X4-Pickup-Truck-No-Servo-Battery-ESC-Transmitter-p-1329228.html?ID=224&cur_warehouse=CN

Does anyone know what parts that will need to be sourced from the Bruiser to get the slipper clutch working on this p407? I have the clutch built I just need to know if we can get the parts from the bruiser and if there is a specific parts bag number etc.

Thank you in advance. 

Doesn't the clutch cost as much as the whole clone? 

Ordered a RTR. 

Will strip it and rebuild it when it turns up in 40-50 days :blink:

If the shell is good I might get an extra one for another project 

On 9/16/2018 at 5:31 AM, Static Age said:

bruiser2 (Medium).jpg

I bought some of those tires too. I feel they are too big for my Bruiser. The clone is still in the box I bought. I'm gonna put these tires on my new Monster Beetle.

Cory